Minford 2009

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Re: Minford 2009

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

oldcoachb wrote: We lead the league in cramps last year that kept key people off the field in key situations. Something were doing conditioning wise or a lack of hydration.

The kids need to realize hydration is ongoing ALL season long and not just when it is hot. Game day or even the day before is too late. I may be wrong, but I think there were more cramps during away games than home games. If that is indeed the case, they need to force fluids at half time of the away games too.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

oldcoachb wrote:Some of the things we need to improve on is stopping the run, especially to the outside. Burg killed us on sweeps. #2 needs to be on the field and not watching the game from the sidelines. Don't know if thats possible. We lead the league in cramps last year that kept key people off the field in key situations. Something were doing conditioning wise or a lack of hydration. Place kicking started off great and then went straight down hill to the point that we couldn't kick an extra point or short field goal. If we can improve in these areas and with the talent that we have coming back I think we have one of the best chances we've had in years at winning the SOC II. :122249

I'm not so sure about that, Price was named to the first team all district team as a place kicker this year. I don't think it's the conditioning, more likely to be a lack of preparation by the athletes on their own. The coaches can't come home with them and make sure they put down the pepsi for water once in a while. The players need to realize it only hurts the team when they don't have themselves conditioned/prepared enough to play where they practiced all week.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

IRONFALCON wrote:I don't think it's the conditioning, more likely to be a lack of preparation by the athletes on their own. The coaches can't come home with them and make sure they put down the pepsi for water once in a while. The players need to realize it only hurts the team when they don't have themselves conditioned/prepared enough to play where they practiced all week.

I agree 100% and is what I said in my post above. Wih the exception of one game, I think Minford was equally or more physically conditioned than anyone they played. These kids have been told since jr. high to cut out the pop and force water during the season. There were several that never cramped the first time last year and then there were some that seemed to cramp nearly every or every other game. Water, some sports drinks, and pedialyte (some of it is not bad if you drink it cold)...and fruit (watermelon, bananas). Increase the intake of these and the chances of cramps are greatly reduced.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

ew... pedialyte. brings back horrible memories....

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

As far as place kicking, I was referring to both Burg games when we missed field goals that would have put us in the lead. Missed extra points against Burg and West when it appeared that we had tied the game, all change momentum. Not on here slamming any kid, it could be the snap, hold, line or whatever. But to win the SOC II you have to make them. I'm not blaming the coaches for cramps, I just said we had way too many and that it needs to be addressed. :122249

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

All WE Want
Is All You Got !

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

burg will be tough to beat. west is always strong!

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Minford will be quicker and faster in 2009 particularly on defense. O line should be good. Plenty of backs and other skilled players. Defensive line will be rebuilt. Most of thee teams on the schedule should improve next year but so will the Falcons. It is all in who gives it all in the off season. Wellston. Coal Grove and Oak Hill are all big points games. All teams in the SOC II should be better other than west, but west will be good just not as good as last year.
Last edited by falconater on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

burg will win the s.o.c outright everybody else will be playing for 2nd!!!!!!!!

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

burg's graduating seniors are a more serious loss than you think, but burg will be in the hunt. I predict a tight SOC II race.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

rosemount rebel wrote:burg will win the s.o.c outright everybody else will be playing for 2nd!!!!!!!!

We will see about that rebel

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Hows the numbers in the weightroom looking?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Hard to tell right now with baseball and basketball going on.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Bleeding Red wrote:
rosemount rebel wrote:burg will win the s.o.c outright everybody else will be playing for 2nd!!!!!!!!

We will see about that rebel

everybody that knows football. knows the road to the S.O.C goes up PIRATE DRIVE not 139 or335! sorry.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Actually, West is the returning undefeated champ. Someone has to dethrone West.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck Minford!

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

YOU ARE RIGHT FALCONATER,
WEST DID GO UNDEFEATED,AND THEY DESERVE TO BE CHAMPS! THEY PLAYED GREAT FOOTBALL!
BUT THEY ARE ONE OF THE THREE W.
THERE IS NO W IN MINFORD OR FALCON.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Wheelersburg has played a significant role in determining the SOC champ one way or another over the years but I dont think that they will win it as easily as rosemount rebel made it sound. Dont get me wrong...I would love to see the BURG embarrass everyone but that is highly improbable for any team in the SOC II.

I think the road will go through the 3 W's and their inverted cousin the M :lol:

Minford has been good the past couple of years but they cant find a way to win the "big" ones. Some people say that they shoulda coulda woulda won the past couple of years but they didnt and until they figure out how to win the tough games I dont think they will atop the SOC for a while.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Everything Reipo man says is factual' Minford has improved the last two years and has yet to show that it can win the big one. I think that this year will be different. The offense is back almost intact and i think minford will have great team speed on defense.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

rosemount rebel wrote:YOU ARE RIGHT FALCONATER,
WEST DID GO UNDEFEATED,AND THEY DESERVE TO BE CHAMPS! THEY PLAYED GREAT FOOTBALL!
BUT THEY ARE ONE OF THE THREE W.
THERE IS NO W IN MINFORD OR FALCON.

there is no "W" in Rosemount, nor a football team for that matter :-D

Return to “Football”