Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Post by Ironman92 »

New Lex is imply better.

I left early in the 4th and yes, the refs were awful for Ironton....but New Lex knew everything Ironton was doing....the only thing working were the 2 deep balls thrown. 1 was caught and 1 was dropped.

The first kickoff of the game Ironton picked it up and the ref blew it dead????? said his knee was down???? IT WAS NOT.....then a holding call and a 3rd down play in the endzone and...BOOM it's 2-0 New Lex.

All the bad calls aside...New Lex wins this game by 14-24 points regardless....but this is week #12.......those guys were not good at all.

New Lex....best of luck, you guys can do it!

Another solid season from Ironton.

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

Not sure who the two simpletons were in the booth with Jason and Kevin but I sure hope they were not coaches for NL! They were making some very rude comments toward Ironton and the players themselves!!! Very CLASSLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to seeing MF take them to the woodshed next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

NEWLEX36 ironton ONLY 6 gongrats panthers you chewed them tigers :122245 hope you guys go all the way

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Congratulations on a fine season Ironton. Hold your heads up. Your kids represented the SEOAL with pride.

We'll try to carry the mantel forward tomorrow for the SEOAL against LE and move it to week 13.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

Yes Clint is Drew's brother. Great young man. Congrats to all those young men.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm guessing the penalties at 11-3.

I think Ironton had about 7 penalties in the first quarter....very very touchy calls

Weather was miserable.....though I bet New Lex enjoyed Jackson.

THe New Lex home side was about 3/5 full and the visiting side about 3/4 full. The pregame weather was as bad as I've been in. Probably about 5,000 in attendance.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Also New Lex made the necessary big plays, a tremendous interception, recovery of fumble....not having any turnovers. They are very solid and completely deserved the big margin win.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

NewLex had one lost fumble.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I completely believe you...but when was it? I can't remember it?

Army
S

Post by Army »

Great Season Ironton :!:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Ironman92 wrote:I completely believe you...but when was it? I can't remember it?

NL BALL
1/10 at the 22 - loss of 1
2/11 - 8:00 - loss of 2
3/13 - QB SACKED at 16
4// - punting - to 38 - flag back at 16 ?? - PF against IT - roughing kicker? - FD NL

1/10 - out to 41 - gain of 11
1/10 - offsides IT
1/5 - out to IT 48 - FD
1/10 - offsides against IT again
1/5 - gain to 33 FD

1/10 - to 31
2/8 - 4:00 - pass comp at IT 28
3/4 - QB stopped - no gain
4/4 - going - FUMBLE - TAYLOR PICKS IT UP - RUN TO NL 25

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Sounds like it went about as I figured. New Lex is quick as heck, especially on defense. And Clint Cannon may be the best ballhandling QB I've seen in a long time. That, and his genetics mean he was born to play this game.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

this game was never close....as far as the weather, yeah it stunk but if it was helping anyone youd have thought itd help ironton. It just simply didnt matter. Ironton was HUGE and yet if you watched the nl dline..they were pushing the ironton linemen all over. They were in the backfield all night. Ironton didnt do anything new lex hadnt seen and didnt do anything that made nl nervous. Complete domination.

nlpantherfan1997
Waterboy

Post by nlpantherfan1997 »

Way to go boys!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S OVERRATED?????????????????

AND TALK ABOUT CLASSLESS THE IRONTON BOYS HAD NO SPORTSMANSHIP WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

Congratulations New Lex. Pretty much just showed everyone your not OVERRATED... Good Luck Next weekend=]] :122245 :122245 ..

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

They did shoot the gaps well and played a really good game.(NL)
Now as far as classless as I STATED!!!!!!!!!!!! Those were grown adults on the Radio putting down the Ironton players and the fans!!! If you listened to them you would most definitely agree!!! Just ask Jason and Kevin who announced the game for Ironton!

But anyhow..... I would Like to thank the Coaching staff and THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL TEAM for a another great season!! I already cant wait for next season!!

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Post by jkumpiretriesagain »

I am very sorry for Ironton, losing a tough game like that and getting dominated. NL has been on the receiving end of these kind of games, and so we know how you feel. Once you gave up the safety and then the fumbled punt NL took in for a score, it made it tough sledding for Ironton. NL played a fine game, and Ironton made way too many mistakes to win. I'm sure that was not a representative performance of how good that team is. You have some very fine players on the team.

However, the officials did a fine job. They were consistent, and yes, the kid's knee was down. and ironton had some bad and obvious penalties, like going after the center on the punt. And the Ironton kid who put the cheap shot on NL's center just after he got over the ball should have been ejected. What he did was certainly a personal foul, and easily could have been considered flagrant. It was very obvious Ironton's players lost their poise late in the game, which I was frankly surprised to see. I wish I could get video of the shot on the site so everybody could see it and make up their own minds.

I hope the Panthers and Tigers get to play again, I am sure it would be a much closer game.
Last edited by jkumpiretriesagain on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

EDD
Waterboy

Post by EDD »

Good Job New Lex. Good Luck Next Week.

I read this Posting on Ironton vs. New Lex and everybody was on the SEOAL band wagon. No good word about the MVL. The MVL is one of the hardest League's around.

NLPanther
Waterboy

Post by NLPanther »

It is a good thing Coach Lutz made a major halftime adjustment just like he always does... This game would have been 58-6 if he didn't...

Return to “Football”