Senators 2012

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Re: Senators 2012

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,pass,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,pass,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,pass..........

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

siderman wrote:West doesn't have the personel to run a spread passing attack. Never have. But we are capable of being more diverse passing to running. Urban Meyer's offense is similar to Wynford's in that they are a running team out of a spread formation. They are the same basic plays you run out of a 2 tight end set but with the defense spread to give you more room.

We should not abandon the power game. It's what we do. But we have to be able to do more than dive plays when we face a good defense. We run Ironton's offense. Ironton always has a fast QB that runs the option. If you can't get the ball to the edge, a good defense will shut you down.

The best offense West has ran was the T and the pistole we used in 2008. Yeah we had really good talent, but we were hard to prepare for. The pistole is good because you can run and pass out of it effectively. The read option is hard to defend.

When Austin and Luke were in middle school both played Qb. Maybe that's what they should do next year.
I loved the Pistol formation they ran with Alfie at QB. Can stay true to what were good with power run game, but also run the option and can passs without being so predictable. I think Luke and Austin back there switching it up would be a good idea also.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

With the talent returning from last year I don't see as much talent but in my opinion with the right play-calling west could win the soc. when I stated earlier about getting out of the t/bone I was simply proposing that west mixes up the formations more. Sure they could still use it for short yardage situations but in order to keep the defense on their heels they need to balance the offense a little more and set up their plays. I seen none of that in last years team and in my beliefs costed them both games.

I know the idea of using both qbs sounds like a good idea at the time because we all know Luke has a helluva arm, but with him being this "beast" runner, why not put him at tight end like they did his brother in 08? Ethan had magnificent hands and I'm sure that could run in the family. If the coaches work with Austin and his arm he will be able to make throws in order to get the needed receptions. I just like the idea of having a dual threat that could run the veer, option, and zone read out of different formations.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I believe Austin has Brandon Shankweiler like ability. Burg would line him up at running back, receiver, and Qb.

With the big linemen that will be freshmen next year, the O-line will be a strength for at least the next 4 years. Power running will be our forte. With that a little finesse is good too.

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

What school is this??????

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

You don't know who the senators are?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Is West in the weight room that will be the difference!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

63, had to break it up in 2 sessions. One for varsity and one for j.v. and fresh. Not including the boys that play Basketball.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

Yes the numbers in the weightroom has been absolutely great so far. You know its good news when there is that many kids wanting to be there and working hard.

Return to “Football”