Senators 2012

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Senators 2012

Post by Black&Orange23 »

How do you think they will look?
They have 9 returning juniors who will be sophomores.
I say they key players next year will be:
Alec Meeker rb or fb and DEnd
MAtt Bennet- unsure maybe Dend
Jesse Scott- unsure
Zach Frye- Linebacker, And End
Justin crace will be starting d this year for the first time in varisty

How you think they will be?

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Re: Senators 2012

Post by WildWestSider »

I look for it to be another great year for the Siders. Should be an older, experienced team with the will be seniors that you mentioned above along with talented, strong, and mean Juniors coming along with them.

Some key Juniors that will be key next year.

Austin Bricker-Fast, Football Smart, and all around athlete and got significant playing time in big games last year could be a go to running back.

Nate Reynolds-also got to start playoff games and gained experience in big games, big, strong, mean and will flat out hit you.

Luke Morgan- Cannon of an arm, Good defensive end. Could contribute alot.

Jerrid Speck - incredibly big and strong kid gonna get his first taste of varsity ball this year but should be a good one

Tristain White - very strong for his size, aint afraid to hit anybody and will give everything hes got.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

I look for it to be another great season for the Siders. An experienced team as mentioned above with those seniors, and also with many Juniors that will contribute greatly.

Austin Bricker - fast, strong, football smart, and all around great athlete. Got significant playing time last year in key situations and that will help alot in the upcoming season. He could very well be a go to back.

Nate Reynolds - Also started in prime time games last season and gained experience/ Aint afraid of nobody. Big,strong, mean and physical kid. He will flat out hit any body and loves doing it .

Luke Morgan - Cannon of an arm, will hit, good defensive end. Could be a contributor.

Tristain White - Strong for his size, mean, phsical, hard working, aint afraid of any body, could earn a spot in many positions.

Jerrid Speck - Very big, very strong. He will be getting his first taste of varsity ball but after facing off against Cody Bricker last year in practice every day i think that hes ready.

There is gonna be more but in my mind these are gonna be the main ones.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

I look for it to be another great season for the Siders. An experienced team as mentioned above with those seniors, and also with many Juniors that will contribute greatly.

Austin Bricker - fast, strong, football smart, and all around great athlete. Got significant playing time last year in key situations and that will help alot in the upcoming season. He could very well be a go to back.

Nate Reynolds - Also started in prime time games last season and gained experience/ Aint afraid of nobody. Big,strong, mean and physical kid. He will flat out hit any body and loves doing it .

Luke Morgan - Cannon of an arm, will hit, good defensive end. Could be a contributor.

Tristain White - Strong for his size, mean, phsical, hard working, aint afraid of any body, could earn a spot in many positions.

Jerrid Speck - Very big, very strong. He will be getting his first taste of varsity ball but after facing off against Cody Bricker last year in practice every day i think that hes ready.

There is gonna be more but in my mind these are gonna be the main ones.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

West will be good, but they need to find there QB.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I hope they hit the weight room because there is not a great deal of skilled kids out next year.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

West will be very tough next year, but one thing they must improve on is DISIPLINE! Too many drives were killed last year because of stupid penalties that could have been avoided. This caused problems for the 2011 team and IMO been a problem that west has always dealt with

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:West will be good, but they need to find there QB.
OSU 77 wrote:I hope they hit the weight room because there is not a great deal of skilled kids out next year.
Both of these are true.

The weight room is what made us better the last few years. I think they regressed on that last year and need to get back.

I'm a believer in your best athlete needs to be your QB if possible. It makes no sense to me to have a (pure passer that can run) over a (runner who can pass) in our offense. For the T to work you must have a running threat at QB.

West6
Waterboy

Post by West6 »

Very well said WildWestSider.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Black&Orange23 wrote:They have 9 returning juniors who will be sophomores.
No wonder it seems like some of those kids are around forever..... :mrgreen:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Haha..now that's some funny stuff there!lol

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

I think west needs to get out of the T/bone. We are becoming so predictable with our play calling that a team could watch one game film and basically know our whole system. I think the best thing for west next year would be the pistol formation with Bricker at qb.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West has great returners coming back with Meeker, Crace and Bricker in the backfield. Chris Zaph will also be back along with a big offensive
line, alot with varsity experience. Luke Morgan at QB with Frye at split and prob. Trevar Welch at tight end with great hands.
(But we'll see).

Rocker
Waterboy

Post by Rocker »

I agree 100% everyone on here is talkin bout changing the offense and puttin Austin Bricker at quarterback when Luke Morgan was there last year on JV and they never lost. If the blocks are picked up the offense will work even if it's predictable. I just hope this coach doesn't do anything stupid and move kids from the positions they have played for as long as a can remember.

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

IMO West needs to change there offense, we have made it to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years yes, but how far have we made it once we get there, we got beat by Wynford this year, a Spread team with a dual threat QB, Wynford end up going to the semi-Finals with a (Spread offense). 2002 we made it to the state game, we got beat by Kenton, A Spread offense with a dual threat QB, Ben Mauk, this isnt the 80's anymore. Time to get out of the hollers down here on the west side. Austin Bricker should be the Qb in my opinon, having a bunch of recievers, with a 6'4 Frye that will go up and get it. And if there not open, he will beat you with his feet.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Who state this year? What did they do? Kirtland won in a power I and threw the ball prob. three times. Ask Portsmouth and
see if they like their spread. 2-8 and 3-7 with very good players. If Ports. ran a power offense, they would have went at least
6-4.....in my opinion. Just change the offense, boy that's alot easier said than done.

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

West Side Pride wrote:Who state this year? What did they do? Kirtland won in a power I and threw the ball prob. three times. Ask Portsmouth and
see if they like their spread. 2-8 and 3-7 with very good players. If Ports. ran a power offense, they would have went at least
6-4.....in my opinion. Just change the offense, boy that's alot easier said than done.
Portsmouth's problem isn't the spread it's who's coaching the spread!

Rocker
Waterboy

Post by Rocker »

Ur saying we need to change our offense because we keep getting beat in the playoffs well u need to watch the game a lil closer we should of won the wynford game we lost it in the final seconds that shows u right there we could of had that game and yea look how far they went if u ask me I say it's poor coaching last year and 2002 samsons changed the whole defense.I think ur wrong about the qb to if u would have went to any jv game u would know that if u want a triple threat u better put Luke back there he's not as fast but he's a beast running the ball u could could go to there practices and see him score on our varsity last year and plus he's got the best arm on the team austin don't have the arm to be a varsity qb but he is a great athlete that will help us greatly in the back field and at db.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:IMO West needs to change there offense, we have made it to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years yes, but how far have we made it once we get there, we got beat by Wynford this year, a Spread team with a dual threat QB, Wynford end up going to the semi-Finals with a (Spread offense). 2002 we made it to the state game, we got beat by Kenton, A Spread offense with a dual threat QB, Ben Mauk, this isnt the 80's anymore. Time to get out of the hollers down here on the west side. Austin Bricker should be the Qb in my opinon, having a bunch of recievers, with a 6'4 Frye that will go up and get it. And if there not open, he will beat you with his feet.
I agree with you but only to a certain extent. An offense doesn't win games, the players that run the offense wins the games. You have to adjust your play calling to what you have to work with. I personally don't think the spread will ever work on the west side. For that to work you need all around team speed and that is something that the team lacks. What they lack for in speed they do make up with size and being meaner and stronger than the man trying to tackle them. Traditionally we have been big and strong and when you have that you use the power offense. It would be such a waste to have an arm that Luke Morgan has to not play QB. But it is a great idea to have a dual threat with Bricker. And even though we have not made it deep in the playoffs, that is better than most teams? What are your expectations every year a state title? We should have won the wynford game yes, but running the spread wouldn't have won it for us.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West doesn't have the personel to run a spread passing attack. Never have. But we are capable of being more diverse passing to running. Urban Meyer's offense is similar to Wynford's in that they are a running team out of a spread formation. They are the same basic plays you run out of a 2 tight end set but with the defense spread to give you more room.

We should not abandon the power game. It's what we do. But we have to be able to do more than dive plays when we face a good defense. We run Ironton's offense. Ironton always has a fast QB that runs the option. If you can't get the ball to the edge, a good defense will shut you down.

The best offense West has ran was the T and the pistole we used in 2008. Yeah we had really good talent, but we were hard to prepare for. The pistole is good because you can run and pass out of it effectively. The read option is hard to defend.

When Austin and Luke were in middle school both played Qb. Maybe that's what they should do next year.

Return to “Football”