All League In TVC Ohio and TVC Hocking?

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Re: All League In TVC Ohio and TVC Hocking?

Post by bucksfan08 »

children settle down.

btrain_7
Waterboy

Post by btrain_7 »

Well im from nelsonville and the coach of the year in my opinion should not just go to the league champions coach...It should go to the coach that proved the most over the season...and in my opinion although coach Boston is an amazing football coach...but I would have to either give coach of the year to either Meigs Head Coach for leading his team to their first ever playoff appearance in school history...that is awsome...good luck to them in the playoffs....and or Wellston's Head Coach...being the fact 0-10 or 1-10 with NY forfeit...anyways...they made a huge turnaround this season and never gave up by far one of those two coaches deserve the right to be coach of the year....but congrats to all TVC teams on an exciting year and good luck to all the tvc teams and seoal schools in the playoffs

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I kinda agree with you b-train except I believe that these awards should go to the ones that PROVED themselves to be the MOST valuable in the league NOT the most improved

hog belly
Waterboy

Post by hog belly »

#5 from Trimble hands down best player in TVC Hocking. :twisted: :!:

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Who did the best coaching job?The coach who has a team picked to win the league and does,or one whose team is picked 3rd and takes the league champ to the wire,finishes 2nd and takes his team to the school's 1st ever playoff game? While I have all the respect in the world for coach Boston and the program he has built at NY,I beleive that Coach Chancey from Meigs Has done the Best coaching job of the year in the TVC Ohio.

Tomcats
Waterboy

Post by Tomcats »

Trimble-# 5 Brandon Keith Offensive No question about it :122249 :aaaaa41
Have you looked at his stats

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

DA HAS around 1800 yards on the season SO FAR could hit the 2000 mark in week 11 8)

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Think of it what you will.If meigs or wellston wins the league they would expect thier coach to win it.Im not saying they dont deserve it.But in my book maybe a co champion.

[size=200]NOT :lol: :lol: :lol: GO BUCKEYES

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Not so NY BUCKS if Alex were to ever finish even third in TVC, given ther history and low expectations every year, then I would say whoever coached that team would deserve coach of the year.That post-season hoor should be given to the coach who does the best job that year.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I agree that Wellston's Coach Mantell has done a great coaching job. Leading the Golden Rockets football program in the right direction. Good Luck in the 2009 season.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

racenut70 , I agree I think things are looking up for the Rockets . I also think Coach Mantell will be in Wellston for long term which is good for any program. Switching coaches every three years is not good.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

I do not like the way the TVC picks there all league. Like it is said before some kids are left off and some are put on that do not deserve it. It does not matter what place you finish in the league because this is an individual honor. Just because a TEAM is the best in the league does not mean they have the best PLAYERS at each position. Why not vote 1st and 2nd teamers for each position? Then out of those you can have your honorable mention kids and pick your O and D player of the year. Just makes more sense I feel. I know for a fact one year in high school our team won the TVC and we had 7 players named to the all league team. We did not have 7 of the best players in the league at all that year. We were just a good team period. I could spot off 10 names right now that could have transfered to our school and been the best player on our team. I just do not think your TEAM place should account for your individual honors. Same with the coach. If a coach takes a 3-7 team and turns them into an 8-2 team then they should get coach of the year not a 7-3 team to a 7-3 team even if they did win the league. Coach of the year should not go to who won the league but who had done the best in the season with what he has.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

boilermaker wrote:Ok Bux you convinced me . :?
On film I saw coach Boston pointing to where Arnold should run those kickoffs back,and he was helping him break tackles too. :roll:

You never know, he is a janitor...he probably could help 'brush' off tackles and 'clean' a lane for Arnold

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

any news?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i think the rb should be arnold but jeremy smith came out of nowhere to be a close 2nd. what that kid did without starting at rb last year was amazing. next year if nothing happens will be even better. he has d1 written all over him.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The print media which has teams in Tri-Valley Conference (Marietta Times, Athens Messenger, Pomeroy Daily Sentinel and Jackson County Times-Journal) just received the all-league lists today (11/12) for release.

Under TVC rules, the lists can not even be SENT OUT to the media until ALL league teams in ALL sports (i. e. Alexander volleyball, football teams in playoffs), have completed their seasons. Both Hocking and Ohio Divisions.

These papers should have the information prepared and in the papers within the next few days.

Have a nice day.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Athens got three spots. Cameron Tope(Sr.) Jordan Sweeney(Sr.) Shad McCollum(Jr.)

nybucks2see
Waterboy

Post by nybucks2see »

Also from Nelsonville York; Josh " Taco" Lyon

Lil&BigBucksMom
Riding the Bench

Post by Lil&BigBucksMom »

Thought I heard on the radio earlier in the week -

TVC Ohio Offense POY - Derek Arnold
TVC Ohio Defense POY - Robert Norway

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

even if ya didnt hear it, thats what it should be most def...=]

Return to “Football”