Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Meigs @ (9-1) New Lex

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

The Trimble Guy
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Meigs @ (9-1) New Lex

Post by The Trimble Guy »

Good luck to Meigs....I have to root for the TVC Teams....but i just dont think this is going to be much of a game
New Lex 54
Meigs 13

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Good luck Meigs from your neighbor in Shade,OH. Keep on movin on!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Here's wishing you the best from the Tornadoe faithful.

Make Meigs Co. proud.

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Post by jkumpiretriesagain »

As you can tell, I am sort of a New Lex fan, but it is great to see all the support Meigs is getting. I really hope you can come up and watch the game, and that your boys, and your band, represent your school well. It is special to get in the show, now matter how many times you get in it. If this is your first trip to the dance, I hope people remember it well, no matter the final score.

Does Meigs have a good band? Is it a large band? What style do they play?

Other questions:

1. Are you guys a run first team? Anyone that puts a 300 yard ground-pounding on another team in week 10 must have something going up front.
2. How good are your OL and front 7 in comparison to N-Y? Better, worse, the same?
3. There are some good places to eat in New Lex, let me know if you want information and/or directions to the local places to eat.
4. My impression is that you guys have had good teams in the past, but being a D3 school was a big-time problem, exp. when the tournament only took 4 teams from each Region. Is this true, or is my memory failing?

Lastly, don't look at scores or reputations before a big game. Nobody gave Westfall much of a shot two years ago because Ironton was in the SEOAL and it was Ironton, even though Wesfall had almost beaten Ironton in the Tank a couple of years before. And Westfall won a good tough game. NL has a fine team this year, and they won some tough games and had some laughers. But they won't take Meigs lightly, and hopefully they can win.

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

Meigs has an excellent band! They win awards all the time! Always a state qualifier.

Meigs is a very balanced offensive team- Our QB has thrown for over 1600 yards and our Running back has ran for over 1500 yards.

We are probably equal to N-Y up front, they may be a little stronger, but we are quicker.

You are correct, Region 11 kept us out of the playoffs some years we would have made it in every other region in D3, but Region 11 was STACKED!

We had a 10-0 team in 67', the late 80's there was a 3 year stretch where we were 28-2 and didn't get in any of those 3 years... 98 we was 9-1... all of which we were 6th or 5th...

we had several 7-3 seasons where if we were D4 we would of been in all regions. and one 7-2 season that would of as well.

SO WE FINALLY MADE IT AND IT FEELS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H.....you have a private message. Please check it and respond!

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Congratulations to Meigs and Coach Chancey and his crew. I have been associated with football in the Bend area for over 25 years. Used to never miss a Meigs game until became an official and then moved to Mason County and now follow Falcons.

I am sure the founders of the Big Bend Youth Football League are as proud as I am that all of the years of hard work are starting to payoff at Meigs like they have at Wahama. Meigs should have been in playoffs several times in past.

Just remember, any one on any given night can win. Have traveled to New Lex several times to officiate and only went once up 13 out of Athens. Better way to go to Logan and then to New Lex. Think New Lex fan trying to get all Meigs fans sick getting there :lol:

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Congratulation to MEIGS what an accomplishment From BUCKEYE LAND

Fight hard and represent the TVC well win or lose LET’S HOPE IT’S A WIN.

Hope both teams stay injury free.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Good luck Meigs ,bring home a victory for the TVC.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Has anyone posted yet whether this game is Friday or Saturday?

Good luck Meigs!

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Welfare,

You can try to go up through Logan, but the trip is longer and the roads are just as curvy whether you take 93 to New Straitstville and up, or 93 to 668 to 37 in Junction city and over.

Take 13 all the way up. It puts you on the same side of town as the stadium, and is the easiest way to get there.

I'll be waiting to hear the band!

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Rope,

7:30 Friday.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Thanks ump!
By the way, I can attest...13 is the best and quickest route to take. You DO NOT want to go to Logan and take 668. It is even more hilly and curvy than 13.

maraudermom
Waterboy

Post by maraudermom »

I've traveled to New Lex many times and 13 is the quickest route. Sadly there is no straight road to New Lex and there may be some queezy stomachs. Just beware in the huddle if someone hurls! Going to Logan and across will add more travel time but it would be less curves..

Whichever route they take they will have fans behind them!

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

New Lex certainly should have the full respect of the Marauders. New Lex plays in a talented MVL league with several playoff teams every year. Who will win Friday's playoff game? Be careful with your bold predictions as none of us knows for sure until the teams match up and the final whistle blows.

On paper, New Lex has played good and consistent football against a tougher schedule than Meigs. New Lex has a home field advantage and will be tough, athletic, fired up, and ready to play with a doubt.

However, Meigs has also played some some quality teams and is probably as athletic a team as they have had in a long time. Meigs seems to playing better football in the last third of the year than they did early in the year. Meigs did have show some inconsistency in a few games where they had several turnovers and gave up big plays on special teams. Coach Chancey made some adjustments and the Marauder's have improved.

If Meigs controls the ball on offense (limit turnovers) and executes on defense and special teams, I believe the Meigs fans will be warmed on a cold New Lex night with a barnburner of a game. Go Marauders!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

well meigs wins but it will not be by that much chancy would never run up a score. this team turned a corner after nelsonville, i think. they saw that teams would not lay down. they have beaten the ovc champs, both of them, they had nelsonville beat, they beat last years tvc champs. i hope new lex has the idea that this game is a sure blow out. because then it will be. hey panthers, just for laughs start the 9th graders.

meigs read this and get mad, then do what mason would do.

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

New Lex is a pretty dominant team. Meigs has a chance but i take New Lex by bunches=]

Good Luck New Lex!!
Good Luck Meigs.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Cal-preps prediction
New Lexington 31
Meigs 12

Return to “Football”