Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Westfall @ (6-3) Ironton

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

DAC10
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Westfall @ (6-3) Ironton

Post by DAC10 »

As far as travel goes jackson is about as neutral as you can get.But ya never know where they will decide!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The schedule didn't have anything to do with this. It came down to Ironton backs repeatedly getting yards after contact - from the first quarter to the fourth - and Westfall having two costly turnovers in the second half and three in total. When you are in a shootout, you can't lose 3-1 in turnovers in the second half and expect to win.

Congrats to Ironton on the win. Very nice o-line and group of backs.

Congrats to Westfall on a great season - three straight SVC gold footballs, four straight playoff appearances. D.J. Cain played a great game tonight, as did Ben Cline 214 yards receiving, Bryant Gibson, Tyler Cobb, Chris and Tyler Smith. Pleasure to watch these young men over the last four years.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Jackson will probably host this one.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Great game! Recap at www.svcsportszone.com

Pictures will be up in the morning as well.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

bman....You are correct that Jackson probably, and should, host this one. See my explanation on the New Lex-Ironton thread.

BTW....I have e-mailed you some information about the meeting this coming week. Just reply that you got it.

Thanks.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Way to go Tigers!!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Great win......keep it going!

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

Great job tigers!!! Total team effort. :)

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

its been a while since i have seen ironton play. since the ashland game as a matter of fact and we have come a long way baby. westfall is outstanding offensively, and imo we have the best defensive coach in the state. everything that was working for westfall was pretty much taken away in the second half. holding that offense to 3 points, you gotta give it to coach lutz. amazing job. our offense, the line, the backs, it looked like the tigers of the 80's . westfall is a good team but it was obvious to me they had not seen anything close to as physical a football team as ironton all year. great win for the tigers. hopefully we only have to travel as far as jackson next week. oh yeah and by the way rrt, the reason the kids name eludes you, probably had to do with a combination of the kool-aid and age

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Congrats on the win.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I thought Westfall had a chance to put this game to bed in the 2nd quarter when Ironton fumbled deep in their own territory but Westfall failed to score a TD then.

Was Westfall's QB's knee on the turf on that one play that the Ironton crowd was so upset about? This kid had one heck of a game! I heard several of the men in Ironton's stand complementing him as he was ready to go into the locker room at the end of the game.

Aww Ha! I have the video... ;-)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

It didnt look like his knee was down to me, but I was a good distance away. Finally got to meet Mr. Joe Rowe, went to college with him years ago. It seemed to me neither team wanted to put the other away with the three turnovers in the late third and early fourth. However, I thought that Ironton wore down the front 8 or so on Westfalls D, and a lot of those boys went both ways.

Congrats to Ironton and to Westfall on another fine season from the SVC.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on the win.......it seems like Westfall and Ironton always have some high scoring games in the postseason.

Good luck to IHS in Round 2......survive and advance......

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

This game was what high school sports are all about - a tremendous game played by two fine teams backed by two proud and boistrous communities. Even the bands were great. Lots of twists and turns that kept everybody on the edge of their seats. Westfall's spread offense was dazzling, but the triple reverse pass was an unexpected thriller. Ironton's ground attack was punishing, with three backs impressively rushing for 100+ yards. The contrast between the teams could not have been greater. Congratulations to both schools for giving us a contest that we fans will never forget. The old lady known as Tanks Memorial Stadium has witnessed a lot of classics, and last night rank up there with some of the best. Ironton moves on, but Westfall closes out a great season with heads held high.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I-town better find some defense against NL.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Congratulations Ironton. Keep it up.

GO SEOAL :!:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Any Ironton stats????

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

What a great game. It is hard to see a team lose when a player like Cain puts forth such an extrordinary effort. I just hope that the boy gets a chance to play at the next level, at a school where he belongs. He may be a little lacking in the height department, but I am sure that those who watched the game last night saw a kid with incredible talent, and heart. Congrats to the Mustangs for a super fine year, especially after their rocky start, and congrats to Ironton on a great win. Good luck next week and represent SE Ohio well. I'm sure you will!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Only I know the true turning point in this game! The score was 28-14 when the shot heard rouund the world happened. It was an event like none other. From that point, Ironton outscored Westfall 27-3. I really believe this really fired the boys up. :122246

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

:lol: :lol: :evil: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”