DV 3 Region 9 Final Jackson Vs Zanesville

ironman02
SEOP

Re: DV 3 Region 9 Final Jackson Vs Zanesville

Post by ironman02 »

Really respect Coach Grandstaff and his program. Glad they were able to take down DeSales. Not a good night for the Columbus Catholic League!

Excited to watch two GREAT defenses do battle again this week. Ideally, I would like for this game to be at Logan, but if they can't host, I'm fine with a Columbus location.

Jackson will be playing in its second regional championship game in program history, but this is obviously the first trip to Week 13 for the Ironmen. Very proud of what this team has accomplished following up last year's 11-1 mark. Stay hungry this week and keep rollin!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Abe Froman wrote: Too bad Logan can't host according to another poster.
Per the LHS calendar of events, there is a musical at the high school Friday night at 7:30, so that poster is probably correct.
Last edited by GoChiefs on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Zanesville's only loss was to New Philadelphia, 13-10. New Philly went 8-3, but all three losses (Canton Central Catholic, Massillon Perry, and Akron Hoban) were to teams that are still alive in the playoffs. Jackson's only loss was to Wheelersburg, who is also still playing in Week 13.

Really doesn't matter that much since football is really all about match-ups, but still interesting.

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

Great win for the Ironmen. I would like to see them be less "one dimensional". I believe their defense is obviously rock solid, but let's face it, at this juncture there are no secrets; all teams have been thoroughly scouted. I think the team that is less predictable may have the edge.

Great win for Jackson. I hope they keep it going. Would love to see the game in Columbus right under the big boys noses. Go Ironmen!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Last night was the biggest win in program history for Jackson. Every step they take towards winning a regional title is monumental in the program development.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

billcox wrote:Last night was the biggest win in program history for Jackson. Every step they take towards winning a regional title is monumental in the program development.
How about the Seoal baby !!
Seoal still rolling along. Not dead yet !

Jackson Football is loaded for years to come

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The refs weren't very good and a few calls went against us but as a fan base I thought we sounded like desperate cry babies early on. A couple of obvious penalties and a fumbled snap on 3 plays and dozens are screaming wanting a call for a first down very early in the game. That right there told me the refs weren't going to be given a fair shot regardless.

They were not good and there were a couple ridiculous calls but if they were 6 guys (or even 1 or 2 of them) that were "out to get us"....do you think shrill screaming is going to make any difference?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote:The refs weren't very good and a few calls went against us but as a fan base I thought we sounded like desperate cry babies early on. A couple of obvious penalties and a fumbled snap on 3 plays and dozens are screaming wanting a call for a first down very early in the game. That right there told me the refs weren't going to be given a fair shot regardless.

They were not good and there were a couple ridiculous calls but if they were 6 guys (or even 1 or 2 of them) that were "out to get us"....do you think shrill screaming is going to make any difference?
Driving Hunter sexton out of bounds 6 yards and under an equipment table right in front on the official with no flag told me all I need to know .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo Bear wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:The refs weren't very good and a few calls went against us but as a fan base I thought we sounded like desperate cry babies early on. A couple of obvious penalties and a fumbled snap on 3 plays and dozens are screaming wanting a call for a first down very early in the game. That right there told me the refs weren't going to be given a fair shot regardless.

Driving Hunter sexton out of bounds 6 yards and under an equipment table right in front on the official with no flag told me all I need to know .
I thought that call was borderline...I would've thrown the flag as he was excessive as he was out of bounds. Once I saw Hunter was fine I was glad they did it...tick off our star QB and see how that helps.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Poo Bear wrote:
billcox wrote:Last night was the biggest win in program history for Jackson. Every step they take towards winning a regional title is monumental in the program development.

I realize that you don't care for my opinions because I am straight forward. I am giving credit where it is due. Congrats Ironmen! Keep it rolling!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

At the end of the day the Week 5 disaster may have proved to have had a silver lining. What was a short week with days off for the annual Apple Festival and no school and morning practices and no routine and thinking we could just show up turned out to be an butt whipping that woke us up. O-line got flipped after that game, offensive changes implemented and an overall attitude adjustment from the outside looking in. I think staff did a good job of recognizing it and players did a good job as well implementing it. I will trade one embarrassing loss for changes that impact rest of season any day, especially when it means playing in Week 13. So thank you to the Burg for slapping some sense in us lol...you returned the favor from last year.

Zanesville is different animal than Watterson...go prepare, go believe, and go play hard. Congratulations but there is more work to do.

Go Red!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I actually know a ref that did the Jackson game. He is originally from Lancaster and that was one of the best crews in Ohio. They will do a state title game. They did Marion Local vs Coldwater. 2 of them did the Athens vs TCC last year.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

I agree that Jackson football is loaded for several years.We are only losing 3 impact players off of this years team and two of them are very replaceable!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I never mentioned but late in the 3rd when we were up 14-0 and Watterson was preparing to punt inside their own 10.....one of the coaches yelled for the punt returners to go up and be safeties on the play therefore leaving no returners.....

Possibly my favorite coaching decision in years. I loved it. Watterson couldn't do anything on offense, we had every ounce of momentum and we were getting the ball back and even a booming punt with a great bounce and we'd still have great field position. No chance was given for anything to go wrong. We've seen it happen dozens of times at all levels...ball gets muffed or stripped or hits a blocker and momentum immediately swings.

I'm confident most all college and NFL coaches have players back to receive in that situation....so happy our coaches took everything into factor in that quick 20 seconds.

Great job coaches.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Also....right before the half Watterson ran a great play opening up BIG #81 for about a potential 40 yard catch for a TD right at the end zone line over the middle....Blake McCoy giving up about 6 inches ran right with him and as they were running full speed he had the ability to jump and hang in the air to knock that ball away....that was as huge as it was impressive. Rare to see hang time from the elevated stands in a football game.

Our defense was so ridiculously good. Very very impressive!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Congrats to both teams on making it this far. I'm quite shocked Zanesville beat DeSales, I completely underestimated them!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Congrats to both teams on making it this far. I'm quite shocked Zanesville beat DeSales, I completely underestimated them!
Zanesville is hit and miss. Across the board they can play with the 4 powerhouse teams in D3 but they have also played games they looked flat. Weird to think they gave up 52 points to Athens last year by halftime and this year held TV to 7 and Desales to 3 points. Great off season for Zanesville

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:

I thought that call was borderline...I would've thrown the flag as he was excessive as he was out of bounds. Once I saw Hunter was fine I was glad they did it...tick off our star QB and see how that helps.

Not borderline. I've watch the replay over and over. He hit Hunter later and then continue to drive him into a table 7 yards out of bounds. Player safety should be paramount.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

billcox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:

I realize that you don't care for my opinions because I am straight forward. I am giving credit where it is due. Congrats Ironmen! Keep it rolling!
Your opinions are usually spot on. Jackson proved they can play with the Columbus teams.
Wins over Granville , Bexley, Bishop Hartley.

jnraider99
Waterboy

Post by jnraider99 »

if Jackson wins I know your not suppose to look ahead lol who would they most likely face

Return to “Football”