Waterboy

Re: WK 10 Wahama WV @ Athens

Post by 03040530 »

SO THE ACE IS AN IDIOT

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

a long stay in jail will do that to a person.
you better watch your back ace may look you up :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :aaaaa91 :aaaaa92 :mrgreen:

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Most are right. Football in SE Ohio does not compare to the farther north you go in Ohio. WV football does not compare to Ohio overall. But just remember, on any given Friday evening, strange things happen. I know there is a track at Athens and the WILL need their track shoes. Falcons go deep with speed. Athens may be bigger but the bigger the harder the fall. Mudder will win this game. Rain will hurt Falcons passing.

Athens is a bigger school but everyone wants to play at least ten games a year. Liberty of Raleigh fell hard to Falcons and they are much larger than Wahama.

Go Falcons and hope for Zuspan and Underwood and Pierce to hook up for some big ones.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I've enjoyed this comedy forum.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

03040530 wrote:Gee, I hope Athens can handle this big Div.6 school, unbelievable a school their size would want to play WAHAMA... give me a break

you're ridiculous. you rag on the athens football team for playing a smaller school when the team itself has nothing to do with the scheduling. not to mention that somebody has already put you in your place when they pointed out that Wahama wasn't athens first choice and how hard it is to find non-league opponents this late in the season. and i'm sure you're not taking into account Wahama's view on this game, they probably see it as a chance to come up to Ohio and possibly beat a bigger school. it's a good match-up for both teams, Athens gets a 10 week season, Wahama gets a chance to topple a bigger school. settle down.

as for the game, I don't know anything about Wahama but I know Athens is much improved over the season and has confidence, momentum and the emotion of senior night on their side. I'll be surprised if Tope runs for less than 100. I'm gonna take Athens 27-21. Go Bulldogs!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

koondogger wrote:You have to laugh because GAHS football is a joke this year....Maybe you guys should schedule the white chikins..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dude seriously. Gallia Academy would wipe the field with Trimble year in and year out!!

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

Brutus, all I know are the facts.. Athens harped for two years about league expansion, when that finally happened the realized that they couldn't compete in the expanded conference just as they couldn't compete in the original conference. As a result the went crying to the TVC for help... they should compete in that league as they are much larger than the TVC schools...

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

You have to laugh because GAHS football is a joke this year....Maybe you guys should schedule the white chikins.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really dont think anyone from Trimble, including the players and coaches would want any part of GA even on GA's down years.

Just my thoughts guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

We sure would like a shot at South Gallia though. But your coach said he wants no part of us. And those are his thoughts. :mrgreen:

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

We sure would like a shot at South Gallia though. But your coach said he wants no part of us. And those are his thoughts.

I highly doubt Coach Burleson said he wants no part of you guys. It really eats you people from Trimble up that we dont play each other doesnt it? Maybe in the future it will happen, but not now! So I think you guys should save all of your stress for something else rather than getting on here and talking about how we should play and this and that because the people on this forum can do nothing about it so just give it a rest.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Dont play real competition?

SG 8-2 - Made playoffs
Trimble 7-3 - Sitting at home as the 16 seed ... AT 7-3! :122246

SG 6-4 - Made playoffs
Trimble 9-1 - Sitting at home as the 9 seed. At 9-1 :122246 1 game from a perfectseason and still didnt make the playoffs.

Talk about paper champions. I think I will let the info that I provided talk. We made the playoffs at 6-4 and the same yeard you couldnt make them at 9-1.

P.S. By the way in 06, Sectional Champs. I think then we beat a TVC Champion in Trimble that was great andunstoppable and they seem to have hit a wall!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

redeagle....First of all I wasn't trying to be smart or start a battle with you (I had and have no dog in the fight), and I wasn't name dropping at all, just pointing out that Athens was a pretty good team in the early 2000's as well with those guys I mentioned. May not have won the SEOAL but were still better than Wahama then. Now after those guys graduated you may have a point, Wahama probably would have won. But I seriously doubt they would have beaten those teams from about 2001-2004.

raider6109....thanks for the info on Gregory's graduation year. I knew it wasn't 2001. I remember calling a couple of his games on the radio when they played Point Pleasant, but I didn't even start doing games on that particular station until the '01-'02 season.

mercervillemonster....there's no such thing as sectional champs in football.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

mercervillemonster....there's no such thing as sectional champs in football.

I was talking basketball.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Do the math.....Trimble was d5 those years by one or two students. Had they been d6 as they expected they would have finished WAY AHEAD of your sorrys arses.

No need to do math. Looks like you should have scheduled better since you was in D-5 and its not like it was a surprise that you moved up a division. Those numbers come out well before football starts. Or maybe just go 10-0 since you are so dominant and you would have made them.

I guess that an opponent record total of 76-127 in the two years you didnt make the playoffs will explain why you are the Paper Champions.

Just my thoughts!!!
Last edited by Mercerville Monster on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

This thread is ridiculous. We've got arguments about Eastern/Hannan, Trimble/Hannan, Gallia Academy/Trimble, Trimble/South Gallia and now South Gallia basketball. I could have sworn this thread was titled WK 10 Wahama WV @ Athens (in the football forum).

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Blame it on the Goons from Glouster. Always running their chops to someone.

FleaFlckr
Waterboy

Post by FleaFlckr »

The year Trimble went 9-1. You know who their loss was to?

Wahama at Ohio University. One of the greatest games I have ever witnessed. Trimble got us back the next year though.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

the year trimble went 9-1 and didnt get in the playoffs the loss was to fed hock.But who cares wahama wins tonight :12223

FleaFlckr
Waterboy

Post by FleaFlckr »

Oops my bad. You're right. We beat them in 2004. Sorry. Still one of the greatest games I have ever seen though.

formerbulldog
Waterboy

Post by formerbulldog »

Athens -- 20

Wahama -- 0

FINAL

Return to “Football”