WK 10 Rock Hill @ River Valley

boogerred
All State

Re: WK 10 Rock Hill @ River Valley

Post by boogerred »

First of All, Good job Raiders on the win. 3-7 is an improvement and work hard to get better for next year.

As for the challenge to run the midline against a 4-4...

Pray tell, what defense would you suggest running it against? A 5-2, or a 5-3?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

RVFAN:

The mid-line option was developed as an answer to the way the four-man defensive front forced a quick initial read against the inside veer.

By optioning on the mid-line of the offense rather than out in the guard area, it gave the the QB more space to make the read.

If you would PM me, RVFAN, I can tell you where to find the article by Fisher DeBerry discussing their development of mid-line option at the Air Force Academy. It's good reading.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Some reading for you, RVFAN:

http://www.flexboneassociation.com/arch ... terich.htm

If you go with a 1-tech and a 3-tech, the QB will audible and run the play to the 3-tech. If you go double 1-tech, the QB will audible to the inside veer over guard. If you stack it all, the QB will audible to the Load/Sprint option, etc.

Watch Navy or somebody like that next weekend. It's good stuff.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

What happens when I use two 1-tech. and walk my inside linebackers up in "B", I just made it difficult for your fold between the TE, and PST, the guard can only block 1, and if you sprint , or option, then you are not running mid-line, I'm not putting my inside backers on the LOS, just walked over and up. I might have been a bit arrogant in saying 3 out of 4 times, just not a big fan of the mid-line, it takes a great quarterback, that can read quick, and carry out fakes almost flawlessly, and for high school football, not the best offense to run IMO. And the 5-2 0r 5-3 takes it away almost completely, unless you get a NT, that consistently fires one side.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I will agree that it takes a QB who has been well-trained to run it, but it isn't as hard as one thinks.

As far as it not being the mid-line, fair enough. Yes, you would be forcing the QB to run another option, but teams that are committed to running the option in a more than casual way plan to take the option play to the opportunity that the defense gives them.

Against a 5-2 or a 5-3, an option team would likely plan to run the inside veer more than the mid-line.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Anyone who knows the option games knows that they go together. If a team takes away on then you run the other. You cannot take away all of them.

As for walking the backers up...

Please, walk them up. You better make the tackle every time or it's off to the races.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Football Offenses & Plays
From the American Football Coaches Association
Copyright 2006 ISBN: 0736062610
ISBN13: 9780736062619
248pp, Paperback

Interesting reading for anybody in trying to understand the thought processes behind various offenses.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

The midline option was designed to GASH the 44 defense!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

10mike, I thought you were dead!

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Karl,

I'm still alive and well. Every once in a great while something sparks my curiosity on here. I'll go back to sleep now.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

10mike:

I should have known that all anybody had to do was type the word "option" and you would show up.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Does anybody have the final passing stats for Clayton Curnutte or the final rushing numbers for Baird?

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

looks like someone has gotten on the computer and got cheat codes from ninetindo to me.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

bfan, that's a curious response.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What is an option? :mrgreen:

Looks like Navy's mid-line to me!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I like the link. :-D

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

RVFAN wrote:WAY TO GO RAIDERS!! Great job in sending your seniors out with a huge win. You proved to yourselves and everyone else that you can do it, now get in the weight room, since you DO have a weight program, and get ready for next year. Whatever you do, don't listen to all the negative bull on these posts, half of them are written by "recliner coaches", or they played maybe way back when, and were not worth a dime when they played, but continually tell everyone how good they were, and what you guys are doing wrong. Listen to your coaches, you have a good coaching staff, they have put a lot of time and effort into trying to get you prepared for this season. I'm sure they wished that some of the "experts" on here would have offerd them some advice, but they were probably to busy eating cheese puffs, and drinking diet pepsi while watching Days of Our Lives to have helped anyway. And by the way, I was at the Rock Hill game, if I'm not mistaken, other than just a couple of series, when RV went to a "nickel" package, they ran a 4-4 defense all night. For some of you "computer coaches " on here, if you knew half of what you were talking about, you would know that a 4-4 is used to try and stop the the sweep, and run midline on my 4-4, and I will stop you 3 out of 4 times, you guys need to really learn something about football.

Then if the 4-4 is used to stop the sweep (which is the dumbest thing i have ever heard,you have no contain) "COACH"! Why in Gods name could could RV not stop the Sweep all year?
"COACH" RV also played an 0-10 team in Rock Hill? Think almost everything you ran worked for that reason?
Dude! you may be part of the staff i can tell you your defense Sucks! and it will continue until you change the Base from a 4-4. RV don't have the athletes to fill the holes or run to beat the sweep. They also get killed by the unaccounted for lineman in the 4-4 on every running play. RV has had "NO DEFENSE" for 5 years!! Think it might be time to change something? It's also obvious that just because your coaching doesn't mean you know anything about football!! How many rushing yards did RV give up this year? YEP the 4-4 is working!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i mite be wrong but dont think rvfan is a COACH... after reading all your posts i'm thinking maybe you could apply for a position or volunteer your time....... you would certainly bring a lot to the table.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Youare the most ignorant one individual that I have saw post on this forum!! First, I am not on the coaching staff of the Raiders, I had 2 children that graduated from this school, and have been an avid fan for several years. However unlike you, I do know something about football!! What kind of moron would ask the question about outside contain in a 4-4?? You have 2 ouside LBER'S, that can be spread out, or moved in, the DE'S line up head up or outside eye of the last man on the LOS, and you have 2 Corners, DUHH! 4-4 is a tough defense to block, more guys for th front to deal with, putting tackles on LBER'S but can be used for the teams that tend to sweep. As for the problems with the Raider Defense, I don't know what they are, but obviously you do, so I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you quit hiding behind your keyboard, and go tell Coach Huck what all the problems with his defense are? starting with how bad he sucks as a defensive coordinator! From wha I have seen, RV has had the right idea as for defense, but maybe the right people in those positions. It may be because they just didn't have the right people to begin with, I don't know, but I think if they would have tried to anything else, the results would have been worse. But hey, things should be looking up for them, I figure after you go talk to the coaching staff of the Raiders, they will want to hire on the spot, and with your knowledge of football, I see playoffs in the very near future!!!!

Return to “Football”