WK 10 Rock Hill @ River Valley

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Re: WK 10 Rock Hill @ River Valley

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

You tell em' Rat! I LOVE IT!

Good luck Raiders and give the seniors a win in their final game!

Rainy October night.....Tom Weaver on the Mic......the Raiders getting the win....sounds like a great Friday evening to me!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The whole meet me in person stuff, that is garbage - more like caveman behavior. What are you going to do? Swat me with your club?

You know who I am and we've exchanged p.ms. It is not like I am hiding behinding anything.

Paul Polcyn here! If you don't like me and what I have to say, well, that's just too bad!!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

rat wrote:

only if I could be as great.

Yet again.

I believe that you, rat, are the man who takes comments on football strategy and philosophy personally and makes these things personal with comments like the ones above.

Every time your ears burn because of something somebody says, you drop into the name-calling and sarcasm. I guess that they didn't teach debate at North Gallia or URG or wherever the heck you went and got your degree and played your college football.

Your mastery of ad hominem arguments and non sequiturs is phenomenal, though.

What makes you believe you would fare any better in a face-to-face debate? Are you planning to yell the same things you type? Are you going to jump me?

Good Gods, man!

But alas, rat, I have other places to be tonight, so we won't discuss this tonight.

I have watched RV play twice this year, and I wish them all the success in the world.

Coach McC -- good luck to you and your team tonight. Get the win.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Sounds like a presidential debate. Cant we all just get along. Maybe all these coches should have applied for the coching position.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

bfan wrote: Maybe all these coches should have applied for the coching position.

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

PIGSKIN JUNKIE wrote:Why all the hate on the coaching staff here? Huck knows his defense and Coach Mc is a good fit there. He paid his dues over the years with various coaches and has hung in there for the kids! At the end of the day its about what you are teaching these young men. Dont try to analyze something you know nothing about!

GO RAIDERS...GET A WIN THIS WEEKEND AND END YOUR SEASON ON A HIGH NOTE!

So why does that mean your right for the job? It takes a lot more than 'paying' your dues to turn around a program that has been so screwed up for years.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
PIGSKIN JUNKIE wrote:Why all the hate on the coaching staff here? Huck knows his defense and Coach Mc is a good fit there. He paid his dues over the years with various coaches and has hung in there for the kids! At the end of the day its about what you are teaching these young men. Dont try to analyze something you know nothing about!

GO RAIDERS...GET A WIN THIS WEEKEND AND END YOUR SEASON ON A HIGH NOTE!

So why does that mean your right for the job? It takes a lot more than 'paying' your dues to turn around a program that has been so screwed up for years.

HAHA? what would you know about turning a program around?

lol

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

AWESOME JOB RAIDERS! Kicked butt

46-13 Really ran the ball great tonite and the defense was tweaked a little and played well!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

rat wrote:RV ran a 5-3 the last 3 weeks. Looks like the lower level coach needs to learn a little. Maybe someday I will grow up to be a coaching icon like the rest of the guys on this sight.

your freakin nuts! They never played a 5-3 not 1 play haha what were you smoking? Please don't try to count how many players they have on the Line of scrimmage when you have no idea where the LOS is haha

nice try tho

Great Job Raiders SR's

46-13 nice game

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Great job Raiders!!! Congrats to the Seniors!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Congrats to the Raiders on your first conference win since 2004! Way to get out of the cellar! Here's expecting more improvement next year!

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

How can people get on here and say that the redmen keep improving each week? If that was the case, you would think that the scores would be more indicative of such improvement.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Good work RVHS!
Way to close out the season on a high note!

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

manwithplan wrote:How can people get on here and say that the redmen keep improving each week? If that was the case, you would think that the scores would be more indicative of such improvement.

When your young and lose 4 more starters off an already depleted lineup these things will happen. I believe the returning Redmen will take this season personal and work even harder... instead of getting down and hanging their heads, I have heard many of them even talking after the game tonight about getting in the weight room and preparing for next season. It's been a tough year and yes, if you are only looking at the scores you would have a hard time believing the young Redmen were improving, but next year will tell the story... I appreciated our seniors... it's tough competing when things conitue to go wrong, but you did... thanks to the coaches who continued to encourage the boys, but never let them think that losing was acceptable if you are not learning from it... thanks to the fans that hung in there to the end... I hope we'll be rewarded for our loyalty next year... and to the returning Redmen... work hard and never forget this season, you'll have a chance to silence many of the critics next season... Congratulations to the OVC champions (all of them)... our conference was down this year but there was still some pretty good football... and to the Ironton Tigers... best of luck in the playoffs, represent southern Ohio well! I for one will be pulling for any area team that advances... isn't high school sports the best!!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Congrats to River Valley on the win.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Congrats to the Raider Seniors!! These guys worked their tails off this season! A great way to end their RV careers with a huge win over Rock Hill!!

GO RAIDERS!!

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

Congratulations to Coach McClelland and the Raiders on the win. Good luck to the seniors, and underclassmen, have a nice break and then get into the weightroom.

By the way when I coached at Jackson, (03, 04, 05) we ran the gap 4-4 cover 2 almost the whole time (we changed for Ironton in 05 and gave a 6-3 cover 2, and also Withrow in 04 and Gallia in 05 when we played a 3-4 cover 2) Playing deep halves with your corners allows your free saftey to run the alley on a hard run read (they cover number 2 to the strong side in the case of a pass)

So no, it is not impossible to run cover-2 in the 4-4.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Congratulations on the win to Coach McC, most of the Raider Football Staff, and most certainly to all the kids on that team who worked their arses off this year.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Will all of the coaches be coming back - whether it is on their own or not?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

WAY TO GO RAIDERS!! Great job in sending your seniors out with a huge win. You proved to yourselves and everyone else that you can do it, now get in the weight room, since you DO have a weight program, and get ready for next year. Whatever you do, don't listen to all the negative bull on these posts, half of them are written by "recliner coaches", or they played maybe way back when, and were not worth a dime when they played, but continually tell everyone how good they were, and what you guys are doing wrong. Listen to your coaches, you have a good coaching staff, they have put a lot of time and effort into trying to get you prepared for this season. I'm sure they wished that some of the "experts" on here would have offerd them some advice, but they were probably to busy eating cheese puffs, and drinking diet pepsi while watching Days of Our Lives to have helped anyway. And by the way, I was at the Rock Hill game, if I'm not mistaken, other than just a couple of series, when RV went to a "nickel" package, they ran a 4-4 defense all night. For some of you "computer coaches " on here, if you knew half of what you were talking about, you would know that a 4-4 is used to try and stop the the sweep, and run midline on my 4-4, and I will stop you 3 out of 4 times, you guys need to really learn something about football.

Return to “Football”