Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Re: Game of Week #4 Chillicothe vs. #1 Logan SEOAL Championship

Post by Hopsing »

Chillicothe non league opponents records
Brookhaven 8-1 4th place D 1 R 3
Sheridan 9-0 1st place D 3 R 12
Big Walnut 7-2 8th place D 3 R 10

Combined record 24-3 ALL in the playoffs 2 have won State Championships recently 89 % winning record

Logan opponents non league

Lancaster 5-4 8th place D1 R 3
Pickerington N 5-4 16th place D1 R 3
Hamilton Twnship 5-4 19th place D 3 R 12
Gallia 5-4 11th place D 4 R 15

Combine Record 20-16 1 Playoff qualifier 56% winning %

Chillicothe has played the hardest schedule NO DOUBT

Logan, however, did win ALL of their games

Question...IF the 2 schools flipped the non league schedules would there be ANY DIFFERENCE in records ???????

Picking the winner I beleive it is a toss up game between 2 very good High School football teams. Winner will be the team who blocks, tackles, and controls the line of scrimmage. Both teams athletes cancel each other out. Both coaching staffs have their teams playing very well right now. Only edge I see is Logan has won the SEOAL championship before and Chillicothe has not. But canceling this out is game at Chillicothe ( Home team has won each of the last 5 games ). I beleive Vegas has it as a push.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

correction:

vegas has logan -21

sorry, ive only been off all year by 2 or 3 points except for the zville game.

if you remember last years logan team. take that team, add in a qb thats 2x better passing and 10x better rushing, a defense that is better, 8-9 backs/receivers that will alll have at least one catch, and a spread formation that makes you cover at least 4 receivers on every play not to mention a tight end or a back out of the backfield. if you do happen to cover these 5 options, you have to contain a qb that has escapability and broke off two 40+ td runs last week. its gonna be tough. special teams may be the only thing that isnt better because its hard to replace a lucas wright on returns. if chilli can stop all this, then they get the win. its that simple, at least on paper. good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries for either team going into the playoffs. this will not be one of those games though where logan can take their eye off the prize, and win it on just pure athleticism like the zville game. logan needs to come to play and be focused or chilli could make life miserable.

any good diner type places to eat down chilltown way? some place you dont get to eat at every day. maybe a hometown best kept secret type of place. thx for any info.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I witnessed both teams at Jackson.

I think the defenses are close to equal....I'll give Chilly the kicking edge as he's possibly the finest HS kicker I've seen.......but I'm giving the big edge on offense to Logan.

I do not believe Chilly can stop Angle and his passing arm. He's siily good on accuracy and his arm strength on the passing routs just seems to fool defenders as they haven't seen anything like it all season........and mix in his tremendous ability to break tackles and run.......I see them scoring 35 or more.

Chilly has the ability to score a good bit on Logan as they are very talented....but I'm betting on Logan wanting this more and having a better gameplan.

Logan 35
Chilly 20

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I disagree, I believe Chillicothe's defense will be the factor in this game and will stop angle and shut down both the pass and run.

Chillicothe 24

Logan 14

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No way.

Knights is very good....

Angle is tremendous.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Shut down the pass AND run?

Your asking for a whole hell of a lot mister lol

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck Cavs from the Ptown Playmaker!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

qualified101 wrote:correction:

vegas has logan -21

sorry, ive only been off all year by 2 or 3 points except for the zville game.

if you remember last years logan team. take that team, add in a qb thats 2x better passing and 10x better rushing, a defense that is better, 8-9 backs/receivers that will alll have at least one catch, and a spread formation that makes you cover at least 4 receivers on every play not to mention a tight end or a back out of the backfield. if you do happen to cover these 5 options, you have to contain a qb that has escapability and broke off two 40+ td runs last week. its gonna be tough. special teams may be the only thing that isnt better because its hard to replace a lucas wright on returns. if chilli can stop all this, then they get the win. its that simple, at least on paper. good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries for either team going into the playoffs. this will not be one of those games though where logan can take their eye off the prize, and win it on just pure athleticism like the zville game. logan needs to come to play and be focused or chilli could make life miserable.

any good diner type places to eat down chilltown way? some place you dont get to eat at every day. maybe a hometown best kept secret type of place. thx for any info.

Hey try the Dock at Water they have great food . Try the wings and get them grilled ( my Fav is Spicy Jamaican) All the food is good there .Happy Hour 4-6
If you like smoked food, The Smokehouse is one door down from the Dock. If you go Get the Onion Rings

If you want to try a unique pizza go to Jerry's although it will be crowded for dinner and doesn't seat a bunch .Maybe get one for the ride home

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

grizzlynatural wrote:Shut down the pass AND run?

Your asking for a whole hell of a lot mister lol

We'll see come Friday :!: :-D

I am taking:

Chillicothe 24

Logan 14

GO CAVS :!: :-D

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Liked the story about the Chillicothe and Logan players. Good class by all involved. That is how we all should treat this game between two quality football teams. Respect your opponent but fear no one. Good luck to both teams.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Qualified, didn't last years Logan offense set an all-time SEOAL record for points scored in a season? And if I recall, wasn't that in week 9? Go Cavs!!! End the Purple Reign!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The nucleus of this year's Logan team was forged in last year's championship season. They all know what it takes to make a run at the championship. They also know it takes an extra gear when you get to the playoffs. This team is extremely talented but also extremely close knit. They play so well as a team it is scary. They had one close call this year with Zanesville; just enough of being close to the brink to drive home the fact you have to take care of business. Grinding it out in a close game will serve them well this week and beyond. Both these teams will be in the playoffs and that is great for the SEOAL. I hope first and foremost that it is a clean game and that neither team has any injuries. I hear it will probably rain Friday night. That will make turnovers critical. The team that can control the line of scrimmage and limit mistakes will win. Chillicothe will have the advantage of playing on their home field and this will only be the second time this season (not counting scrimmages) that Logan will be playing on real grass. I have no witty quotes or boasting to post. May the best team win and may the zebras be invisible. Having said that, I just think Logan has too much for Chili to pull the upset. Not predicting any score, I just think Logan wins and the season goes on.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Logan rolls to a ''''5 PETE'''' ---- :shock: :-D :!: CHIEFS 45 CAVS 14 ;-)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Lamont Cranston wrote:Qualified, didn't last years Logan offense set an all-time SEOAL record for points scored in a season? And if I recall, wasn't that in week 9? Go Cavs!!! End the Purple Reign!!!

Lamont -

Logan is not scoring at the same rate they were last season, but the offense has been more prolific.

In the 10 regular season games last year, Logan averaged only 335 yards of total offense per game. Through the first 9 games of 2008, the Logan offense is averaging 398 yards per game. That's 63 yards per game more than last season.

In fact, Logan is only 1 yard short of last seasons total offense for their entire 11 game season in only 9 games.

As for the scoring, it is down this year IMO because the JV's aren't scoring at the same rate they did a year ago, and that has to do with the change in offensive philosophy. Also, our JVs are finding themselves playing against our opponents Varsity a lot more than they did last season IMO.

But when we ran primarily out of the I-formation and pounded the football, it was a much more seamless transition and our linemen were able to spring big runs against tired defenses. With a more "finesse" spread attack, it's not as easy to spring the big runs it takes for JV offenses to score. Not many JV teams can put together "drives" on Friday nights - penalties, fumbles, mental mistakes, etc.

Our JV team isn't bad, they are 3-1 on the season with wins over Lancaster and Zanesville and their only loss being a 14-12 decision vs. Pickerington North. (The day after playing till after midnight!)

But I would say that the 2008 Logan offense is much more dangerous and prolific than the 2007 version for what it is worth.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

Hey LL

I will have to say this one is very interesting as you know Zville has played both and lost. I will say both teams have good QB. This game will come down to the front lines on both sides of the ball and because zville has played both I will give the edge to the Cavs in that department. Still it will be a heck of a game I am sure good luck to both teams I will give a perdiction later in the week.

Locos what you think? give me a score?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

LOGAN 25

CHILLI 10

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

zbd wrote:Hey LL

I will have to say this one is very interesting as you know Zville has played both and lost. I will say both teams have good QB. This game will come down to the front lines on both sides of the ball and because zville has played both I will give the edge to the Cavs in that department. Still it will be a heck of a game I am sure good luck to both teams I will give a perdiction later in the week.

Locos what you think? give me a score?

I said right after the Zanesville game that they played a heck of a game and had a great plan for Logan. But I also said and still stand behind it that Logan's lines played very well and were at least on a par if not better than Zanesville's. I'd be willing to bet if we could review the game tapes that my opinion would be verified. Zanesville was very fast, ran some delayed blitzes and covered up Logan's skill players well that night. But if we eliminate the turnovers, penalties and dropped balls that are not typical of a Logan performance, that game would not have been close. Maybe it would've been 35-10 or something. I know that sounds like sour grapes or rationalizing and I do give Zanesville their due. What I am trying to say is in comparing Logan and Chili's lines as your are, I don't think it is apples-to-apples. We'll see this Friday night.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

for all you logan fans who are taking logan by 20 or more,i have a question for you?who the **** do you think you are sheridan?give me a break!!!this is what got you in trouble 2 years ago talking this way.OH!LOGAN GONA BEAT CHILLI BY 40 BLAH BLAH BLAH!!let me tell you about another team that they thought their team was the best thing since slied bread.DUBLIN SCIOTO 9-0 they came to chilli thinking they were gona roll all over us.however they lost. why?cause they were talking all big.i garuntee that if your quaterback gets sacked too many time hes gona cost you the ball game.so just think about that for a while.hey doctor chilly,are you bringing your face paint or whats your plans for friday night?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

cavalierfan95 wrote:for all you logan fans who are taking logan by 20 or more,i have a question for you?who the **** do you think you are sheridan?give me a break!!!this is what got you in trouble 2 years ago talking this way.OH!LOGAN GONA BEAT CHILLI BY 40 BLAH BLAH BLAH!!let me tell you about another team that they thought their team was the best thing since slied bread.DUBLIN SCIOTO 9-0 they came to chilli thinking they were gona roll all over us.however they lost. why?cause they were talking all big.i garuntee that if your quaterback gets sacked too many time hes gona cost you the ball game.so just think about that for a while.hey doctor chilly,are you bringing your face paint or whats your plans for friday night?

You can't control what posters are putting on here in the way of scores. If they believe that way,well after all, it is a forum and these are all opinions. By the way, I can tell you it is not Logan players who are posting those scores so calling out guys (and girls) who aren't suiting up for this one serves no purpose. Seriously dude, have you ever thought of decaf? :lol: :lol:

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Congrats Chieftains on getting to 9-0 and securing a home game at the Reservation on Halloween night. One less thing to worry about now that the Chiefs will get one more home game. Now onto the Cavs. I haven't seen Chilli this year so I can't give an honest assesment of how they match up with the Chiefs but here goes anyway.

We've established that this will be a tough game for both. Both teams have pretty equal schedules and both have mobile QB's. The Cavs have improved every week while the Chiefs have been rolling along all season. However, in watching the Chiefs I truly believe that we have not really seen what they are capable of this season. With the exception of Zanesville, Coach Amyx has called off the dogs before any real damage could be done. It would be scary to see what some of the scores would have been.

I know that this Friday we will see for the first time this season what the Chiefs can really do. We will see an arial assault by Angle that we have not yet witnessed and the Chiefs D will shut down Mr. Knights and force Chilli to run which is something the Chiefs are good at stopping. The road streak will be broken this Friday and the Chiefs will bring home a 10-0 record and a championship. Lastly good luck to both teams and let's have both teams healthy going into the playoffs.

Final Score 35-20

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Return to “Football”