Game of Week #4 Chillicothe vs. #1 Logan SEOAL Championship

Who wins the SEOAL

Total votes: 0

86cavs
Freshman Team

Re: week 10 logan vs chillicothe

Post by 86cavs »

qualified101 wrote:i think logan puts up at least 40. if chilli can put up more points than that against logans d then chilli has a chance. seeing as how logan has only given up 14 points in the first half of games this whole year, i really dont think chilli can get to 20 let alone 40. playoffs start next week for logan, got to take care of business.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Game of Week #4 Chillicothe vs. #1 Logan SEOAL Championship

Post by loganlocos »

86cavs wrote:I have to agree with you ldr.Chillicothe has play 3 great teams before league play,which helped us get ready for the league.On the other hand Lancaster is way down,pickerington north has a losing record and hamilton another losing record.

86cavs -

I think you need to re-check your sources:
Lancaster 5-4
Pickerington North 5-4
Hamilton Twp 5-4

Where are the losing records you speak of?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

But I also agree with LDR.

Logan has not played a "great" team all season. We've played some decent teams, but not great ones.

Chillicothe is 0-2 against the "great" teams they've played.

It's Logan's chance to prove how good they are (or aren't).

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

chiefswrestler09 wrote:Logan has alot of firing power both ways its almost as if impossible to contain Go Chiefs 5peat

havent heard alot on chilli but from what ive been told its been all knights.... i dont see this one being much of a contest if one player carries the whole team on his shoulders i predict 35-14 the final in the Chiefs favor

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LoganLocos wrote:
86cavs wrote:I have to agree with you ldr.Chillicothe has play 3 great teams before league play,which helped us get ready for the league.On the other hand Lancaster is way down,pickerington north has a losing record and hamilton another losing record.

86cavs -

I think you need to re-check your sources:
Lancaster 5-4
Pickerington North 5-4
Hamilton Twp 5-4

Where are the losing records you speak of?
Ok not losing,but not great records.
Last edited by 86cavs on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

86cavs wrote:Locos they still are weak teams.

As you can see above, I have said neither Logan OR Chillicothe haven't beaten a "great" team this year.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

We'll see come Friday night on the Herrnstein :!: :-D

GO CAVS :!: :-D

dr awkward
Waterboy

Post by dr awkward »

Locos you make a great point regarding schedules and or quality wins. We will find out a lot about both teams on Friday night. Good luck and safe travels to and from Chillicothe. Go Cavs!!

I don't think you can compare scores either, matchups, personel, field/weather conditions, etc. Logan and Chillicothe have both blown teams in the SEOAL out and have had close games (Zanesville). IMO Logan has been impressive starting week 1 and all through the season and Chillicothe has improved every week since the first game at Brookhaven. Earlier in the year or even halfway through the season I wouldn't have given Chillicothe a chance in this game but they have really hit their stride. Logan is the favorite and the defending champion so the Cavs will have to play solid. They must win the turnover battle and excel at special teams to beat the Chieftans or IMO the SEOAL championship will make its way back to Hocking County.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

grizzlynatural wrote:
BuckeyeCAV wrote:
qualified101 wrote:i think logan puts up at least 40. if chilli can put up more points than that against logans d then chilli has a chance. seeing as how logan has only given up 14 points in the first half of games this whole year, i really dont think chilli can get to 20 let alone 40. playoffs start next week for logan, got to take care of business.

Just wondering? Did you wear you purple to the N-Y Game tonight? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll see about what the Cavalier Team has to say about your predictions in week 10 on the Herrnstein in Chillicothe. :-D

Hopefully, your great prediction will be the same as it was for the Ironton at Nelsonville-York game. :-D

By the way, what was the Logan-Warren score 42-0

Chillicothe 57-Warren 7 :-D

How many of those were thrown up in the 2nd half?

There are a couple teams this year that Logan could have scored over 80 pts on if we REALLY wanted to but being the classy staff/team that we are we call off the dogs. Only one time all year long has Logan had to actually play the starters in the 2nd half.

To answer your question it was 47-7 at half .....

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Just for the record Chilly moved to #3 :-D

thief
Waterboy

Post by thief »

Fact check

Lancaster is currently in play off position in D-1

Pick North is 5-4 not a losing record

Reality check

Logan will defeat the Cavaliers

bj439500
Waterboy

Post by bj439500 »

Chillicothe has a good chance to finish #1 in the region with a win over Logan.

Seems everybody in the top part of our region has a tough game for week 10!

#3 CHillicothe vs Logan 9-0
#1 Sheridan vs New Lexington 9-0
#2 Logan Elm vs #4 Canal Winchester, both 9-0, and both in our region
#5 Valley View vs Brookville 9-0

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Going to be a GREAT game.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

The defense and special teams for Chillicothe will be a major factor in this game. The crowd, the tradition, the home field advantage will also be a help. The offense is rolling and will be ready to excel. :-D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I said before the season that I thought Logan would go 10-0 but I also said that Chillicothe could be the most likely team to upset the Chieftains. I am still going with LHS to win this game but it would not surprise me at all if CHS comes out on top. Chillicothe has been playing very well for the last month, while Logan has been consistently strong throughout the season.

The SEOAL schedule worked out just right having these two teams meet for the league championship in week 10.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as they say "to be the best you have to play the best" ... obviously both teams are the class of the SEOAL this season on the gridiron ... both teams can bring it on the ground and in the air ... games like this are decided in the trenches - which team will control the line of scrimmage on the offensive side AND the defensive side ... which team has the fewest TOs- my experience is that the team that goes +2 or better in the TO department gets the "W" ... in any war "field position" will be key - which team plays with the short field the most , conversely which team will have to go the "long route" to get it done - vs the quality teams the advantage goes to the team playing the short field .... finally it will come down to that intangible - when you look back at the great Logan teams ... those undefeated teams in the past ten years , there was leadership that "willed" the outcome on the football field - the fumble recovery vs New Lex, the halfback pass on 4th down the clock running out vs Marietta ... this one may be one of those games where that "intangible" comes to play a part in the outcome - leadership in adversity ... the cliche "who wants it more" comes to mind ... the players, the team that can keep it together "when those around them are losing theirs" ... should be a great game ...

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I would like to see chilli win

logan_259
Waterboy

Post by logan_259 »

logan 42
chillicothe 17

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

logan_259 wrote:logan 42
chillicothe 17

im glad you think chilli has no chance....keep thinking that way...remember, logan came into chilli 2 years ago thinking the same way.end result, a loss! :lol:

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

big win for the cavaliers last night.good luck to the warren warriors next week

now on to this friday night.logan.hey logan can you hear that......tick-tock........tick-tock.........6 days till doomsday.6 days till you come to our d-5 football field.yeah you think i didnt hear you calling our field d-5.this is the pit and you better be ready cause the cavs are bringing home the title back were it realy belongs to the first capital.

cavs 35-logan21

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

bronc21 / cavalierfan95....good one :!: :-D

The Cavalier Team is ready. The fans, Herrnstein Stadium, the Tradition, Home of the Chillicothe Cavaliers, the Cavalier Football Team, the Chillicothe Seniors, the Cavalier Coaches, the City of Chillicothe....Ohio's First Capital City, Ross County Home of several Buckeye Hero's, the South Division vs the North Divison rivarly one last time before the round robin starts next year in the SEOAL, the food at Herrnstein, the Cavalier Cheers, the Cavalier Band playing the Fight Song, the fans that kept coming when several counted Chillicothe out, the Cavalier Parents, the Cavalier Future CAVS, the Chillicothe Grade School Kids, who have been watching their big brothers play the game....that's what it's all about. The jokes about our stadium, doesn't bother any of us here in Chillicothe. Why? Because our fans love Herrnstein and what it represents.

I am taking the CAVS in this one. :-D

As Pfloyd discussed some gut checks with his team, I too can reflect on a few myself concerning the CAVS. The 14-5 win at Brookhaven who were the 2005 DII State Champs the previous year before. The 29-28 win at Portsmouth in 2006. Punching into the end zone with the 2 point conversion by Beeler with only seconds left in the game. The come back win this year verses last years DIII State Champion, Big Walnut on their field at Sunbury. The comeback win at Zanesville this year. Losing 21-7 going into the 4th quarter and winning 24-21 against the Zanesville Blue Devils.

Chillicothe began play in the SEOAL in 2006.

Since 1994, the home team has had the advantage in this game. Here is the history behind these two schools.

Chillicothe leads the series 5-4 verses Logan

1990 Chillicothe 17 Logan 6 AT Logan
1991 Logan 13 Chillicothe 0 AT Chillicothe
1993 Chillicothe 60 Logan 28 AT Logan
1994 Chillicothe 40 Logan 21 AT Chillicothe
2003 Logan 9 Chillicothe 0 AT Logan
2004 Chillicothe 29 Logan 28 AT Chillicothe
2005 Logan 29 Chillicothe 23 AT Logan
2006 Chillicothe 31 Logan 21 AT Chillicothe
2007 Logan 47 Chillicothe 18 AT Logan

I am going with the CAVS in this one. This will be a great game. The Cavalier Defense and Special Teams will make the difference in this game. The Cavalier Offense will open up in this game and be a major difference too!

Keep rolling forward down the field in the SEOAL one more time CAVS!

October 17, 2008
Chillicothe 57 Warren 7....AT Chillicothe

October 10, 2008
Chillicothe 46 Jackson 16....AT Jackson

October 3, 2008
Chillicothe 41 Gallia Academy 0....AT Chillicothe

September 26, 2008
Chillicothe 17 Ironton 9....AT Chillicothe

September 19, 2008
Chillicothe 34 Portsmouth 14...AT Portsmouth

September 12, 2008
Chillicothe 24 Zanesville 21....AT Zanesville