WEEK 9 Chillicothe vs Warren

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 9 Chillicothe vs Warren

Post by Botcowa »

Wow...there's a word, "facetious" Hey we can't use words like this on SEOPS, simple football people here. :lol: :lol: :lol: Where's my websters dictionary at???
:122245 :122245 :122245

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

Caleb Knights looked absolutley terrific last week did he not?

Ron Smith plays good D, Isaac Beverly plays good D, even Tyler Dunkle got in a few snaps on defense and made the best of them...with all of this as a combination, the Cavs get a 41-16 win and I think it will be a similar outcome this week.

I see no signs of letdown and I think the Cavs will once again, go home happy with their sixth straight win and will be ready for Logan come October 24.

Cavs, 48-14

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I see the CAVS winning this game with ease.

GO BLUE and WHITE!

GO CAVS :!: :-D

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren hasn't been in this position for a long, long time. This team has the TALENT to win again, even against some of the toughest competition of the season. More than that, this team has the PERSONALITY to win. The program has turned the corner. It's funny, but things are coming together so that Warren has a chance to do something very special before the season is through. This is going to get interesting.

The pass defense will improve again. The run defense will be tough as always. They will put pressure on Knights. The running game will be there, and maybe we'll pass the ball a couple times. More than anything else, Warren will be fighting for the playoffs. Warren will keep it close in the first half, then it will be anybody's ball game.

Big. Bad. Blue.

Warren's offense is a technically sound Wing-T. They don't make mistakes, but they haven't taken a lot of chances either. The defense is a 4-3 that has been very effective this year. The key to the game will be the Warren offense. If the offense can eat-up the clock and score some points it will be a great game.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

LETS GO WARRIORS!!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Lets GO CAVALIERS :!:

Ron Burgandy
Waterboy

Post by Ron Burgandy »

cavs win big

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

LET'S GO CAVS!!!!! PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

CAVS will win this one. At the Herrnstein and preparing for week 10! :-D

GO CAVS :!:

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Actually the Warren offense is called a wing-T. But it is a hodge podge of several different things. At times it looks like a modified spread, or a goofy looking pro-set or drawn up in the dirt. But it works for Warren. It is not a big flash offense. The Warriors can grind out the ball and use up a great amount of clock. The defense while the scores don't show it is/can be very stingy. Many of the points scored are after turnovers on a short field or late in the game. They play the run very well, the pass not so well. Tooooooo much cushion then drop three more steps, don't break on the ball, wait till its caught then try to make a tackle, seems they have never been shown that they have to cover the flats. 10, 36, 8 & 20 IMO should be the secondary they seem to play the best together. 27/49 have become the a defenseive leaders and should get a look by the other SEOAL coaches as all league candidates. As someone stated above Warren has turned a corner and can not be considered a easy win anymore. The 8th and 9th graders have a solid nucleus of football players. Yes, FOOTBALL players, they look like it, play like it and both have had good solid winning seasons. So while the Warriors are still a ways off. They are coming and they seem hungry.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

There are FOOTBALL players throughout the program, there just haven't been enough of them the last few years. When you get into the grades you are referring to (9th, 8th, 7th) they benefit from numbers and the fact that they are the first players to come all the way through the youth league. It's what we all worked for when we started the new youth league. Many of our 8th graders have been playing football since they were 7 years old and the coaching has been solid. It makes a difference because they have been able to win games and keep momentum. I don't know what justifies more praise, playing under the best of circumstances or playing under some of the worst. The Junior and Senior class we have now only won a game or two in Jr. High because they would go and compete with 15 players against teams with 40. They persevered, and you are correct they have turned the corner and the program looks solid into the future. Take a look at Warren's success in football in you will see that it goes up and down in direct correlation to participation. I guess I'm just saying that we are part of a rebuilding process and all of the kids currently in the system have played a role. Should be fun to watch!

Having said that, I hope the youth league continues to prosper. I have heard some mixed messages of late.

CHS
Waterboy

Post by CHS »

Can we expect any of our young guns to make big plays this week?

GO CAVS

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

fan,

From the looks of things - Warren has indeed turned the corner, and yes, there are football players out there. The youth league has made a difference - your efforts will not be wasted.

The youth league is very good thing, and I do not know what the "grumblings" (there will always be some) are. I can guess.

The two issues that you and I never agreed upon might be the problem.

1. Every kid that comes to practice - should play in the games - not just a few plays here and there - but really play - it is not hard to "hide" kids in Pee Wee football. Winning at all cost is not necessary in youth football. I am not saying - lets not keep score or any of that soccer stuff - but let's play to win and let's play all of our kids - every coach knows who the less agressive, timid kids are, you know the ones who are not sure they want to be there - find a place in the defensive backfield and let those kids (and Mom and Dad) see if they are cut out for football.

2. 10 years old - 5th grade is as early as "young men" need to be playing full contact, tackle football - any younger than that is just not necessary - they can play flag football - the game is not hard to learn - and young bones and muscles are too easily compromised. Just think how many more resourses could be committed to the youth football league if we did not think it necessary to put helmets and pads on kids who are barely strong enough to carry them around - stick a flag around those kids waists.

Stay on course Warren - good luck boys!

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

I COMPLETELY agree with you regarding kids younger than 5th grade playing full contact football. Actually, I feel 7th grade is early enough for football and most sports. BUT one can not deny that we are reeping the benefits of the youth football that was sewn by Dave Ellenwood and others.
Last edited by coal miner's son on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

A rumor is circulating , kids came over to the house this evening and said some Chilly football players were going to be suspended for tomorrows game . Apparently, a prank at someone's house carried over to school and kids involved will be suspended for 1 game . We will have to wait and see if this comes to pass . :(

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Hmmm.....

heavyhitter
Waterboy

Post by heavyhitter »

thats the word around here bein a westfall fan a heard a couple of rumors when i was in chilli today ! will this affect the game tomorrow..

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

Could this be diversion? Be careful Warren.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

A few or masses?? Masses may make a difference but probably not, a few won't matter in the outcome. Good luck to both teams. Hope for an injury free game. Need much more than a running game to beat this Chili team.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

GO CAVS :!:

Return to “Football”