WK 8 Athens @ Nelsonville-York

dilligaf
S

Re: WK 8 Athens @ Nelsonville-York

Post by dilligaf »

Coach Skinner wrote:The Bulldogs need to bring their A game. This game should be well attended.

Forgive me, it is the teacher in me - it is humane society :122245

thank u i will sleep better tonight

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

Nelsonville by as many as they want

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Dont call the humane society, were going to have to put those puppies down :122247

scat_man
Waterboy

Post by scat_man »

NY Rolls in this one BIG
Arnold Runs For @ Least 250+ in the 1st half
JV get soe quality playing time to keep Varsity Healthy For Showdown Next Week...

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

While I like the passion of the buckeye faithful...I have to point out that some of these posts are the reason why teams and communities hate us some much. The arrogance and attitudes are ridiculous. I made a point to not post anymore but when I read quotes from people or children that have just signed on and have less than 10 posts, it only tells me your age or more than that, your IQ.

If these are kids from the football team talking this crap, I will be the first to tell you that Athens will come to Boston Field this Friday night with a "nothing to lose" attitude and will surprise some people.

WE sit at 6-1 on the season and about 5 plays from being 3-4.

I might seem a little critical and I love the success that we have had so far. We have one of the best players in southeast Ohio, a community that has stepped up and provided a facility that is one of the finest around and more important, a chance to put more paint on the wall. That is what it is all about.

Glad to be back on the internet and let's have some fun.

As always.....Bishtakes...The Buckeyes

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't think NY wins by as many as they want ... I like the Buckeyes, don't get me wrong. Arnold is a great RB and an even better kid - I got the chance to talk with him for a few at the Alexander volleyball invitational, and there are not many kids as nice and humble as Derek.

As for the Bucks; I was down at Wellston and I was down in Belpre, and their is no doubt the Bucks are a very solid football team. But Athens played right with Meigs and losing by 14 to Wellston (after they have gotten better since their NY game) gives me the impression that they can play with just about anyone in the TVC - Can they win? That's a different story, but I don't think NY wins by as many as they want that's for sure. (Especially with NY love for running the ball) Their just isn't enough timne on the clock to warrant blowouts when it comes to these two coaches.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think 'BISH' secretly has a love affair with the 'DOGS - hence, the reason for his lack of optimism or predictions of a NY blowout ... :mrgreen:

TRIVIA QUESTION FOR 107.7; if they are looking for one on Friday ... lol

What team did BISH help coach in 1993?

Hint: It wasn't actually a schools 'team', but it did have the name that represents the 'DOGS spread across the teams jerseys. AND, I do believe Bish wore his jersey with extreem pride and always was quick to show off the name that looked so fantanstic on him.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

LET'S GO BUCKS
Two more days till game time let's play hard and bring home a win.

Biggs
Waterboy

Post by Biggs »

ace63 i think you need to look a little more into now......your talking about stuff in the 60's we're in the 2000's now this is a whole different thing i mean we're talkin 40 plus years thats a big difference....the fact is that the bucks are gonna stomp all over the dogs and there wont be anything they can do about it. :twisted:

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Bish calm down old man its all in fun :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Biggs wrote:ace63 i think you need to look a little more into now......your talking about stuff in the 60's we're in the 2000's now this is a whole different thing i mean we're talkin 40 plus years thats a big difference....the fact is that the bucks are gonna stomp all over the dogs and there wont be anything they can do about it. :twisted:

It was more than the 60s buddy. So to never say they had a winnig team is just down right #)**.
You must be real young. Yes its 2008 and the bulldogs dont have teams like they use too. But the loses you have had through the years are A LOT . You dont want to see over all records. If the bulldogs get stomped , so be it . But i hope they show more class than what i have seen here.

Chain_Gang
Waterboy

Post by Chain_Gang »

any given day anything can happen. All it takes is a few turnovers and some momentum.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

I can tell you this, I know the coaches from NY have preached to the Buckeyes this entire week That Athens is a good team. They also know how important this game is. There are 7,000 people in our community. Dont judge our team or our Community by 6 or 7 posters on here that Dont know how to support the Buckeyes with some class... Go Buckeyes, You know whats a stake this week!

Quagmire
Riding the Bench

Post by Quagmire »

I think you're right, This is a big game an NY knows that Athens is a very good team. I tried to date a teacher from athens but she was allways busy with her class. I told her to call me when she had no class! Alllll riggght!

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

Buckeye 96

Do you know the team overall records for Nelsonville-York from consolidation to the present? If anyone would know I'm sure it's you!

Thanx

Max

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I think athens will come out trying to pass like meigs did on us..but NY will adjust and win goodluck and i hope for an injury free game........ and i think arnold will have over 200 yards also in this one

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

I've seen both teams play and I have to tell ya that this game may be tighter than one thinks. Alexander was able to move the ball on NY's defense,if Athens gets Tope going you all better tighten your belts because he is a work horse, along with Arnold, who keeps chugging as the game goes on.Both Arnold and Tope are the best 2 back's I've seen play.Now I still pick NY to win,but not a blow out like some predict.Good luck to both teams and stay injury free. 8)

tvcohiochamp
Waterboy

Post by tvcohiochamp »

Athens will play their best game of the season. They would love nothing more than to knock the Bucks off the top. In the past this has always bee a close game. N-Y has had a history of Champions. Now is your time. Show the State how hard-work, sweat, and PRIDE is N-Y.
Take your TVC OHIO CHAMPIONSHIP. Leave no doubt. When Athens leaves the Gladiator Arena (Boston Field) make them here cannons (BOOM) in their sleep. Its all yours, but you have to TAKE it. GO BUCKS!!!! Respect everyone,underestimate no one.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

buckeyeguy wrote:I think athens will come out trying to pass like meigs did on us..but NY will adjust and win goodluck and i hope for an injury free game........ and i think arnold will have over 200 yards also in this one

I would tend to disagree with you buckeyeguy. Athens has a stud rb in Tope and I can't see him being forgotten in their gameplan. Especially after the success that Alex had running the football. I do think they will try to make some plays through the air but Coach Adams likes to run the football and play physical defense. I can't see him scrapping that ideaology.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I see what your saying 91 buckeye,, and i hope they run all night, because NY will stop Tope if he is the only weapon they use most of the night , if Ny expects Tope to run most of the game they will be ready and win big in my oppinion........ NY has a great run defense... GO BUCKS

Return to “Football”