WK 8 Meigs @ Alexander

spartacat
Freshman Team

Re: WK 8 Meigs @ Alexander

Post by spartacat »

Good Luck to the Alexander Spartans!

A special note to the seniors, Josh Moritz, Greg Croxford, Ryan Deeter, and Jacob Roach, enjoy your last game at Alexander. Make the most of it. Play like you have been taught and upset the Mauraders. It has been a pleasure watching you boys play the last 4 years.

Go Spartans beat Meigs.

TheViper
Waterboy

Post by TheViper »

I am looking for someone who will be at this game to give me text message updates. After each score and quarter would be greatly appreciated.

Send me a PM if you are willing to help me out!

Quagmire
Riding the Bench

Post by Quagmire »

ATownWarrior wrote:there is no doubt in my mind that the spartans can come out and win this game. they played well at ny, made some mental errors and came out on the short end...they play well and i think they have a legit chance at winning this game.

GO SPARTANS!!!

I'd say you're right! I see them getting the short one again. Meigs wins this one.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Alexander doesn't play teams like Logan, Jackson, and Ironton on a regular basis because they are a team that is trying to rebuild a tradition. Once they get some quality seasons under their belt, I'm sure they would be more than happy to go against the big dogs...Meigs has the quality seasons so they need to play some better competition if they are going to complain about the playoffs.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

now you have lost me? we get a jerk on here who follows me around like a fly crying because meigs does not play logan, a state d1 contender, or chillicothe,another d1 state contender, and therefore is not in fact good enough to be 2nd in the tvc
then when i point out that meigs plays a schedule that is at least as strong as alexander's he cries because alexander is not trying to win( huh)?

...and i'm the crybaby?

i have a suggestion see a psychologist or at least a mirror.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Maybe I've misunderstood...you're upset because a 7-3 season, or 8-2 or 9-1 won't get you into the playoffs correct?...I think Meigs is probably the 2nd best team in the TVC (I'm not sure why the other guy has a beef with you), but I thought you were upset because you guys never make the playoffs...all I'm saying is play some better non league competition.

I think playoffs is a distant dream for Alexander as of right now...they are improving every year and will one day be in the position to make it, but you were calling them out because they play the exact same schedule as Meigs (or close to it talent wise)...Alex isn't the one trying to make it in the playoffs right now... you are. I don't think you'll make it in due to the lack of strength in your schedule this season. Earlier you asked the question of who else Meigs could play in the area to improve their chances of getting in...Logan would be a great start. A good showing agains them (even if you lose) would be a great statement.
And another thing...calm down dude.

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Meigs Football has had Mike or his dad for coach for a lot of years and each year is the same class act by both father and son. If fans of Meigs are satisfied with results of Coach C, then the heck with making playoffs. Not making playoffs does not make them a bad team. If fan base and Board of Education want something different, then it is time to change coaches and try another route to getting better results. Happens in most schools all the time. Produce or move on.

Ask Coach C's players that have played for him. It is more than saying that you went to a playoff game. The man and his dad give more to the program that just a playoff appearance. Hopefully all will go in Meigs favor for once and they will see what next level is like. Maybe some of the playoff feelings will cross the river as good old Wahama seems to have it worked out.

How about Meigs and Wahama football game each year. Good for both as Wahama usually wins even if Meigs would beat them and would help Wahama by playing better competition other than Southern and So Gallia.

Boy what a crowd that would be if the crowd from basketball games are any indication. MONEY for both schools every other year. Put the new bridge to good use.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

baseball you have read me wrong i just meant that with meigs being 9th and gallipolis being 7th and having a bad year, meigs should make it if they win out.
hoping not upset. i have absolutely nothing against alexander. i only know a few up there and i like them. i do have something against spartan who posts after me on almost every thread.
i am cool but i do not like posters ripping meigs football and then making excuses for their programs. that's hypocritical.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Some facts that some either don't understand or choose to overlook:

1. Meigs enrollment has been dropping for years. They are no longer the Goliath they once were. I am fairly certain that enrollment at Alexander and Federal Hocking are at least as big (possibly bigger) as Meigs. They have no reason to explain why they don't play some of the D1's. Why should they? They aren't D1! Maybe they could look into improving nonconference competition. But when you schedule people two years in advance you have no way of knowing how many games they will win.

2. Meigs would love to play Wahama every year. Wahama wants no part of that game although they should. I think a long term series would be closer than Meigs fans want to admit.

3. Meigs is better than Alex this year. Forget about it! Meigs 28 Alex 6

TheViper
Waterboy

Post by TheViper »

I am looking for someone who will be at this game to give me text message updates. After each score and quarter would be greatly appreciated.

Send me a PM if you are willing to help me out!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

picking meigs but rooting for alex :12223

Quagmire
Riding the Bench

Post by Quagmire »

I pick meigs

Last edited by Quagmire on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Meigs and Wamaha attempted to play a home and home series a few years back.The game at Meigs was played with Megs winning that game.The following year Wahama pulled out of playing the second game at Mason,this was a last second thing and left Meigs scambling to fill that week on their schedule.Coach Chancey stated then that he would never schedule them again.I do not know the reason that Wahama pulled out of that agreement,they may have had a legit reason?

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

The Meigs wahomma series ended because of the folks in Mason. They historically have chosen to play when they werent very good. If they played every year, like they should, Wahama would be very competitive and both schools would get good gates. However, this would go against the Meigs naysayers who insist they play bigger competition since Wahama would only be at best D5 in Ohio....

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

jiveturkey wrote:Some facts that some either don't understand or choose to overlook:

1. Meigs enrollment has been dropping for years. They are no longer the Goliath they once were. I am fairly certain that enrollment at Alexander and Federal Hocking are at least as big (possibly bigger) as Meigs. They have no reason to explain why they don't play some of the D1's. Why should they? They aren't D1! Maybe they could look into improving nonconference competition. But when you schedule people two years in advance you have no way of knowing how many games they will win.

Enrollment figures from OHSAA website, 10th, 11th and 12th grades (boys) as of 10/2006
TVC Ohio
Athens 340
Vinton County 295
Meigs 253
Alexander 207
Wellston 198
Belpre 166
Nelsonville York 160

TVC Hocking
Federal Hocking 165
Miller 129
Trimble 126
Eastern 99
Southern 97
Waterford 81

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

OK....I stand corrected on the actual enrollments.... :oops: But, at 253, if my math is right. Meigs is graduating about 85-90 kids a year. When that school opened in 1967, they were graduating closer to 200 kids a year. This is my point. Meigs is not what they were when they were an SEO member school in terms of enrollment. I spoke with Jay Evans not long ago and he said the class of 84 at Meigs had 179 in it. How big is Logan in comparison?

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

Meigs is much better then Wahama thats why they rather play eastern and southern.

Chain_Gang
Waterboy

Post by Chain_Gang »

They have never been to the playoffs?

How long has Meigs had a football team?

I hope they make it this year they have a great team.

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

Meigs deserves to be in the playoffs if they don't screw up for the rest of the season

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

it is time to quit talking and start doing good luck meigs i hope you win, good luck alexander although i hope you don't.

play fair and have fun!

my main hope is that no one gets hurt.

Return to “Football”