WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by fbnut »

There is a lot of would've , could've, should've talk on here. Good teams figure out ways to win, it might not always be pretty but they win the only place it matters on the score board. It goes the other way also, teams that aren't very good always seem to do things that cost them games.

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

I guess from the talk...I should just stay home and save my money. Maybe listen to the radio to find out how bad West got beat Friday...or just wait to read about in "Sunday's" Portsmouth Daily Times.

On a lighter note...Good luck to both squads and hoping for an injury free game.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

update!!!! I have said in the past WEST by 3tds, I no longer believe this to be the case Im now saying WEST by 4tds. Thats all I have to say and you will not hear from me again on this matter or post. GO WEST!!!!!!!!!!

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

fan4sure wrote:update!!!! I have said in the past WEST by 3tds, I no longer believe this to be the case Im now saying WEST by 4tds. Thats all I have to say and you will not hear from me again on this matter or post. GO WEST!!!!!!!!!!

Have you another beer or two, and it may be up to 5 TD's.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

fan4sure wrote:update!!!! I have said in the past WEST by 3tds, I no longer believe this to be the case Im now saying WEST by 4tds. Thats all I have to say and you will not hear from me again on this matter or post. GO WEST!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke! If West has played such a strong schedule why are they undefeated and ranked 7th in the computer polls? They are barely in the playoffs now. Minford with 1 loss is third and was #1 before lossing to an undefeated team. Minford at home wins this one by two touchdowns if not more. Minford is too fast for West and p!$$ed about letting last week slip away with 5 turnovers that decided their fate.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

WOW GUYS!! Good luck WEST!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fanatic23 wrote:lone ranger wheelersburg is not a good team they beat a weak ironton team they have a little bit of speed but are very small they have played the same teams west has south point should have beat them and minford also but mistakes cost both teams. i think burg only beat sp by seven west man handled sp. so if all you minford fans do the math west should win 42-7 going on the games played.

p.s. minford gets thier seven on our jv with 11 minutes left in 4 quarter

fanatic23, by your math and your reasoning then the Burg should kill West since the Siders really struggled with Rock Hill and was only up 14-0 at the half while the Pirates were up 35-0 with 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and 42-0 at the half. I watched the Rock Hill/West game and while West did eventually take over the game and dominate the Redmen in the second half, RH moved the ball with realitive ease in the first half but just couldn't score. RH didn't get past the 50 yard line on the Pirates until late in the 4th quarter and that was on mostly 2nd and 3rd string defenders.

In other words what I'm saying is you can't compare scores from two teams playing against the same team and get a feel of who will win a game because everyone matches up differently. West may very well go 10-0 and run the table on both the Burg and Minford and if they do I will be one of the first to get on here and congratulate them and wish them the best of luck in the postseason, but to say that the Burg isn't very good is an idiotic statement considering they are 7-0, soon to be 8-0, ranked #1 in Region 19, #6 in the AP Poll, and have handled the same teams that West has beaten with just as much ease.

There's not that much difference in these schedules.

Wheelersburg 2008
8/22 H Ironton (4-3) W 23-22
8/29 A South Point (3-4) W 28-20
9/5 H Portsmouth (1-6) W 28-6
9/12 A Greenup County (KY) [2:0] W 35-7
9/19 H Rock Hill (0-7) W 52-7
9/26 A Valley (4-3) W 34-3
10/3 H Minford (6-1) W 14-7

West 2008
9/22 A Fairland (2-4) W 21-0
8/29 H Portsmouth (1-6) W 34-0
9/5 A South Point (3-4) W 28-7
9/12 H Rock Hill (0-7) W 42-6
9/19 A Chesapeake (3-4) W 49-20
9/26 H Northwest (1-6) W 57-0
10/3 A Waverly (3-4) W 49-0

With that being said, good luck to both the Falcons and the Siders this week. Lets hope for a closely contested game with no injuries.

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

i watched that game and Minfords starters played well into the 4th against waverly. that doesnt really matter though i think west is to much for minford. i guess we will find out friday

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Same crap different thread.

Lets face it... This game should be a close one and no blowout unless one team is given the ball inside their opponents territory.

West has given up 33 points in 7 games. That's averaging just under 5 ppg. Minford has given up 47 points in 7 games with just above 6.5 ppg avg. It is speed versus size in this one.

I'm going out on a limb here saying Minford wins this 17-14 on a late FG.

Brick Tamlin
Waterboy

Post by Brick Tamlin »

Minford wins..ends the undefeated season

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

speed kills ;-) sorry west

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

Minford will win with speed tomorrow nite. "We will find our way to get where we need to go." :aaaaa19

tartan_warrior
Waterboy

Post by tartan_warrior »

minford wins by 14

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Going with Minford

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

All you people are going to be shocked when you see wests team speed. I am going out on a limb and saying that west's team speed is just as good as minfords. West wins this game going away. Minford can't tackle the three-headed monster for 4 quarters.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

West hasn't been tested this year. Yet people are claiming that West is the best team in the region and they are saying Minford and Wheelersburg may as well not show up to play the game because neither team have a chance against West. The combined record of teams that West has played is 13-35. The best teams West has played are Chesapeake, South Point, and Waverly and they have 12 of those 13 wins.

Chesapeakes wins are against Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, and Rock Hill

South Point- (Probably the best team West has played so far) wins against Point Pleasant (WV), Valley, River Valley

Waverly has wins against Piketon, Wellston, Vinton County

Now looking at this West hasn't been tested what so ever. Now West maybe the best team in the area but they have yet to prove it and will have that chance against Minford and again against Wheelersburg. I don't think anybody really knows how good West really is but we will all find out over the next few weeks.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

what about the so called 5 headed monster at minford :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:All you people are going to be shocked when you see wests team speed. I am going out on a limb and saying that west's team speed is just as good as minfords. West wins this game going away. Minford can't tackle the three-headed monster for 4 quarters.

We shall see huh.

West has a good team, but you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves on how good this team really is.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

I hope that the seniors from West go to Minford and enjoy Senior Night. Keep rolling. This group of seniors as 7th graders undefeated, 8th graders undefeated including a big win over the Logan team that had yet to have been beat in Junior High and I believe they were also undefeated as Freshmen. So go out play hard keep the streak going.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bleed_blue2324 wrote:West hasn't been tested this year. Yet people are claiming that West is the best team in the region and they are saying Minford and Wheelersburg may as well not show up to play the game because neither team have a chance against West. The combined record of teams that West has played is 13-35. The best teams West has played are Chesapeake, South Point, and Waverly and they have 12 of those 13 wins.

Chesapeakes wins are against Oak Hill, Symmes Valley, and Rock Hill

South Point- (Probably the best team West has played so far) wins against Point Pleasant (WV), Valley, River Valley

Waverly has wins against Piketon, Wellston, Vinton County

Now looking at this West hasn't been tested what so ever. Now West maybe the best team in the area but they have yet to prove it and will have that chance against Minford and again against Wheelersburg. I don't think anybody really knows how good West really is but we will all find out over the next few weeks.

Thats good info.

The record of Minford's schedule thus far: 24-25......Huntington Ross kills this by being 1-6

The record of Burgs schedule: 19-28......Portsmouth being a dismal 1-6 and Rock Hill being 0-7 kills their combined record.

Return to “Football”