WK 8 Chillicothe @ Jackson

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Re: WK 8 Chillicothe @ Jackson

Post by Lamont Cranston »

I couldn't agree with you more, Ironman02. One game at a time should be, and usually is every teams Mantra. However, the big picture (and even BIGGER goals than league titles) are what many schools aim for. Don't get me wrong, league titles are GREAT. But, if given the choice, I'd trade a few of 'em for a Regional title... or more. Keep working hard Chilly... Go Cavs!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Lamont Cranston wrote:I couldn't agree with you more, Ironman02. One game at a time should be, and usually is every teams Mantra. However, the big picture (and even BIGGER goals than league titles) are what many schools aim for. Don't get me wrong, league titles are GREAT. But, if given the choice, I'd trade a few of 'em for a Regional title... or more. Keep working hard Chilly... Go Cavs!!!

Exactly. Winning your league and going to the playoffs is great. However, I believe that every program should also be aiming at a state title. Yeah, that won't happen many years...or it may never happen at all. You need to be realistic about expectations, but in the end, a state title is what everyone wants. Why not shoot for it? If you do, there's a chance that you may be able to achieve that goal someday.

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

Jackson will fare better than Gallipolis did, but will still come up short.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I believe Chillicothe is rearing for this game. I watched them practice tonight. They are pumped.

Keep moving the ball forward down the field in the SEOAL, CAVS :!:

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!:

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

I also watched the practice tonight and was at the fieldhouse. You talk about pumped. These boy's are focused. The atmosphere is nothing like it was the 1st couple of weeks. Davidson, Metzler, Crabtree, Sabo, Kenndey, McKillip, Basil and Netter have these young men believing in themselves. It's AWESOME!!!!! Sorry if I forgot any coaches. GO CAV'S!!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!!!! PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Being pumped 74 hours before kickoff is great....but these are teenage kids and so many things are in their mind.

Being pumped on Tuesday doesn't really say how you'll respond if a call or a bounce doesn't go your way early...or if the other team is just playing perfectly.

Chillicothe is the big favorite.....but Tuesday is not Friday.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Not quite sure what that post means......lol :lol: :lol:

But..i would have to say Chilli does just fine....they have endured more than just a bounce or call one way or the other.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

OK, you clearly get my point.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

These youngmen are ready to go.Knights and Young need to give those big hogs up front some love.If your line don't block you can't run,Remember O-line or D-line get no respect at all.If I was a coach of a team,I would be worried facing a team like Chillicothe.One heck of a running game and the Defense my gosh!!! what hard hitting group of youngmen and I NOT TO FORGET THE O-LINE.Keep up the good work gentlemen,you kid's are doing a great job.Remember one game at a time Boy's.Like I tell my son one game at a time, stay focus do your job at your position, go out and play the game likes it's your last game give it 100% everytime.PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE WE GO CAVS HERE WE GO!!!! HERE WE CAVS GO HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

I hear you BIG DAWG 86 CAV's. WHEN WE SAY BLUE YOU SAY WHITE WHEN WE SAY GO YOU SAY CAV'S!!!!!!!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

I look for the CAVS to really excite the Cavalier Fans come Friday night.

Keep moving the ball forward down the field in the SEOAL, CAVS :!:

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Well Cavalier fans today is hump day. Only 2 more days to go and it's game time. Hopefully we will have a huge turn out of fans travling to Jackson to help root the Cav's to VICTORY!!!

WHEN WE SAY BLUE YOU SAY WHITE WHEN WE SAY GO YOU SAY CAV'S!!!!! REFUSE TO LOSE!!!! PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!!

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Chilli by 4 tds, 48-20.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Yes it is Hump day.Two more days before the Blue and White invade the land of the red and white.Let's have a hard fought physical game in Jackson.With out any cheap shots or should I say dirty football.I hope both teams come out healthy,I wish the best of Luck to both teams.But I have to say Chillicothe will come out on top on the hill top.This could be one of the top rivalries in the SEOAL along with Portsmouth and Logan for the Chillicothe sports programs.Like I have said before in other post.The team that blocks the best and tackles the best and The team with the fewest turnovers will win the game.Coach D and the Boys will have this team ready to play friday.This senior and junior class that was there in 2006 watched and lopsided and embarrassing game.While the Cavs went down in defeat.It will not happened this time in Jackson.
PRIDE HIT DESIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BLUE AND WHITE GO BEAT THE IRONMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU KID'S CONTROL YOUR OWN DESTINY,YOU BEEN THROUGH THICK AND THIN TOGETHER,LET'S STAY WITH OUR WINNING WAYS AND BRING HOME A VICTORY AND A LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP.ONE GAME AT A TIME.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I understand what you are saying, goals are important. I also know that so much emphasis gets placed on making the playoffs, that sometimes you can lose focus on what is directly in front of you.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

Chillicothe by 14

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

wolfmannum8 wrote:02,

I understand what you are saying, goals are important. I also know that so much emphasis gets placed on making the playoffs, that sometimes you can lose focus on what is directly in front of you.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. You can't achieve the overall goal if you don't make it through the steps along the way. Gotta be patient and focus on the task at hand.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey 02...you going to make it to this one? I'm looking forward to Chillicothe breaking the single game scoring record at Alumni Stadium.

I'll call Chilli by 20+ at half....I'm right you buy me a veal...if I'm wrong we'll record it appropriately as a fluke first.

Is it true we agreed on a running clock and 8 minute qtrs?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

LOL. That's the vibe I'm getting from everyone about this game too. Let's hope that the Ironmen can prove them wrong.

Not sure if I'm gonna be there or not. I really want to make it home for this one, so I'm gonna do everything I can to make that happen. And a Jackson County Veal sounds really good right now.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

C'mon 02....Think NIKE circa 1988.

JUST DO IT

Return to “Football”