DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Da_Burg
Freshman Team

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Da_Burg »

smurray wrote:Waverly is the perfect location for this game. Located in between both schools for fair travel. Great, GREAT field with fencing around the track which is required. Ample seating, plenty of parking, very easy to get in and out of (parking and stadium), great food and amazing hospitality.
Portsmouth and Chillicothe have parking issues and both of those locations would favor one team over the other in travel. I don't believe Valley applied and Jackson has turf issues.
I honestly don’t think it matters where they play, if the Pirates come and play mistake free football, I don’t think it will matter.

Reach Higher
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Tribal Force
Riding the Bench

Post by Tribal Force »

Da_Burg wrote:
Rabeanos0512 wrote:If the ZT qb is healthy IF.....
I'll take ZT in this one. ZT is not getting the respect they earned and they completely disrespected a good TVC league.
I would take that bet, Burg played sloppy with turnovers and still dominated a year in year out Inter Valley team.

I will give them respect for making it this far, but I do believe the “Cinderella Season “ ends next week.
Agreed. Burg just played sloppy. Burg kept Ridgewood in this game with turnovers and penalties.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

No doubt. Burg cleans that up and they will roll right into the final four.

Bezzer22
Waterboy

Post by Bezzer22 »

Da_Burg wrote:
smurray wrote:Waverly is the perfect location for this game. Located in between both schools for fair travel. Great, GREAT field with fencing around the track which is required. Ample seating, plenty of parking, very easy to get in and out of (parking and stadium), great food and amazing hospitality.
Portsmouth and Chillicothe have parking issues and both of those locations would favor one team over the other in travel. I don't believe Valley applied and Jackson has turf issues.
I honestly don’t think it matters where they play, if the Pirates come and play mistake free football, I don’t think it will matter.
have you ever seen Zane trace play?

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Yep... just a "cinderella season" for ZT... don't know about the outcome, "Burg" is obviously a very good football team, but I promise you that ZT is a legitimate team and WILL COMPETE!!! Don't see this one being a blow out either way... my biased prediction...

Burg 17
ZT 21

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

ZT has a great resume this season! Burg coaches will NOT take ZT lightly!!! Two 12-0 teams for Regional final!! Wont get any better than this!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I've got a legitimate question. What happened against Paint Valley?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burg keeps rolling IMO 42-15

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

P(irate) wrote:I've got a legitimate question. What happened against Paint Valley?
A WIN!!!!

Against another very good football team!
Last edited by BudLytle on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BudLytle wrote:
P(irate) wrote:I've got a legitimate question. What happened against Paint Valley?
A WIN!!!!
I saw that. But why did it take overtime to beat them?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can Waverly hold the amount of people that will be there for this game? How many does Waverly's home side hold? Logan's someone said held 3500 and Burg almost filled it up.

Burg will need to clean up the turnovers and penalties for next week, even though I don't think Dominic Reyes fumble was that. It looked like he was slammed to the ground and then fumbled.

Look for this to be a good game. Do think Burg can win but won't be as easy as everyone thinks.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 31
Zane Trace 17

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Oak Hill could be another possibility but I don't think their home side could hold our crowd. The 3500+ capacity at logan barely held our crowd

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Djourney20 wrote:
Tribal Force wrote:Not sure Valley put in to host. Probably be Waverly
After being dominated by burg I wouldn't wanna host their playoff game either lol
That's an ignorant statement considering Valley has never hosted a playoff game in round II... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And, I'm fairly certain they cant since they don't have a fence around the dam@ field...Grow up and enjoy your ride, KID!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly has the large home side seating section, really have to think it comes down to Valley or Waverly and my money would be on Waverly. With Jackson playing same night I believe probably go ahead and rule that out otherwise I believe that would've definitely been a location in play. Portsmouth to close to burg and parking is terrible. Most logical spots come down to Waverly and Valley, with Waverly already picking up their 1st playoff hosting my guess would be a return to Waverly. Now back to the game; obviously for ZT it comes down to is your QB available or not being huge in this one because once he went out the ZT offense just wasn't the same last night against Alexander. I think regardless of who plays QB for ZT, Burg still takes this one but it's a matter of margin if he plays or not. ZT is big up front and tough defensively however Burg has already played a game like that this year and they spanked Jackson. Think the overall athleticism for Burg will be to much in this one Burg by 14

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Oak Hill could be another possibility but I don't think their home side could hold our crowd. The 3500+ capacity at logan barely held our crowd

I'd say was 2/3 full, still lots of seats, both end sections were empty.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Oak Hill could be another possibility but I don't think their home side could hold our crowd. The 3500+ capacity at logan barely held our crowd
Had a lot of Logan people in those stands

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

If ZT plays 2nd half like they did tonight..........It will be Burg by 20Pts!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

If ZT can go and recover from their injuries it sounds like they sustained against Alexander, then this is no slam dunk for Burg.

Otherwise Burg will impose their will I believe if ZT is at 3/4 health.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg has historically never been a good pass defense team. That being said their Cinderella season could be over if they don't go back to playing Burg ball and forget about all the style points and how much they could and should win by. That team lining up on the other side of the ball would like nothing better than to beat the Burg. Go play your game and do what you do and bring home a regional title!

Return to “Football”