WK 7 Athens vs. Wellston

boilermaker
SE

Re: WK 7 Athens vs. Wellston

Post by boilermaker »

Nobody can contain Ralph Whittington,it is impossible. He catches rabbits with his bare hands for his mother to cook them for him.Rabbit stew YUM YUM :!:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think this is Wellston's hump game. Wellston is obviously much improved from last year and has taken two straight after starting 0-4 to a tough schedule.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I will take wellston by three scores

goodluck to both teams

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Athens has 2 league victories, These are against the two teams that will battle not to be the bottom teams in the league. Vinton is way down and Alex hasnt had more than one (Yearly)league victory since entering the ohio div. This week will be the test to see if Athens is legit. Wellston is very good and I pick them to win this week. Athens can show they are for real with a victory. Hope there are no injuries for either team and its a good game for both. Good luck

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Good luck to WEllstoN! I think they should win this by about 2td's. I believe they are to physical for Athens. Best of Luck Rockets keep on a winning roll!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

dana is gay????

Nice username.....while it lasts

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I think Prater should have a big night....

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I won't say wellston will blow athens away cause i don't know much abt athens. I do know they have a good running game.

But wellston can runsometimes 4-5 people a game they can pass good. they play good def and if needed lockard can kick some field goals.

i'll say wellston by 10 speaking of field goals lol

lancerfan16
Waterboy

Post by lancerfan16 »

Wishing Athens the best of luck this Friday from Lancerland! :122249

Army
S

Post by Army »

I am wishing both teams a great game. Going with Wellston in a close one.

GO Golden Rockets :!:

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

I don't know much about Athens but from what I have heard this year, and in years past they are very physical and athletic. Wellston is exactly the same in terms of hardhitting and running the ball right at you. I think Lockard will have his 150+ yards again and Prater will get his 15 carries for a good amount of yards. The ground game for the Rockets is great and that make them a good team, but Cody Wilkett has to complete his passes more often if they want to get really good. I think if he gets it going, not only will Wellston win, but win by 2 or 3 touchdowns. With that being said, good luck Wellston!

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

I'm taking the Rockets! To much Lockard and Prater for the Bulldogs.

gridiron fan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridiron fan »

If Athens can continue to make the gains up front that they have the last few weeks it should make for a competitive contest. The Harris boy is gaining confidence in his ability to throw the ball (as long as he rolls out) and the team seems to be behind this sophomore. Sure, he's going to make mistakes . . . that's what sophomores do . . . but if he keeps his head up and comes back to fight another battle on the next series he'll be fine.

The kicking game has been solid the last few weeks. David Starkey is punting well giving the defense a long field to protect.

Defensively, Sweeney needs to keep his troops fired up and the DEs need to keep the ball away from the sidelines. Pursue and Tackle the ball! Two deep wouldn't hurt for extra run support.

Coach Adams is doing a fine job and really has the kids believing in themselves. The boys are starting to see the results of all the extra time spent in the weight room and have bought into Coach Adams' philosophy.

Go Dogs!
Last edited by gridiron fan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I truly feel that Wellston will be in control of this game for the entire game. I think they will be too physical with thier running game. Like I said, I think they will run the table. Good Luck Rockets.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Wellston should win

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Rockets against Athens.

I would imagine that Wellston has a ton of confidence right now. I look for them to get the running game going with Lockard and Prater early and often. If they can play well defensively, they should have more than enough offense to get the win.

Army
S

Post by Army »

JJ Hale wrote:I'm taking the Rockets! To much Lockard and Prater for the Bulldogs.

JJ Hale,

I agree :!:

Go Golden Rockets :!: :-D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 - Im very disapointed in you son! Here ive been cuddling you and the other Ironfolk for years and then I have to take care of your boy, the young Wise-one, while he graces our good city of Atown ... Then you go and pull a 'Go Wellston stunt' ... What the heck man? You Jackson poeple, I tell ya ... :mrgreen:

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Both teams have very good athletes I think it will be a real good game and here is wishing both teams an injury free game.

But I will have to go with Wellston for the win.

GOOD luck to both teams.

Return to “Football”