WK 7 Fairland @ River Valley

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Re: WK 7 Fairland @ River Valley

Post by sportsnut mom »

I'm looking forward to this game tonight because we (FHS fans) enjoyed the River Valley announcer's take on every play 2 years ago when we played there. Do they have the same announcer this year? If my memory serves me correctly that was the coldest game I've been to in a long time.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Yes, Mr. Weaver is still the announcer....he is definitely very interesting at it! :122245

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Good luck RV

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Hope to see RV pick up an OVC win tonight.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Mr. Weaver really does a good job. RV gets a close and hard fought win tonight! GO RAIDERS!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Tom Weaver did the PA when I was in high school; he's got a voice and a face that were made for doing public address and radio.

(He would expect that sort of comment from me!)

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Any score?

earp
S

Post by earp »

Fairland-69 RV-34

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Wow - no defense tonight.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Fairland was way ahead when both sides cleared the benches.I do know that it was 28-6 Fairland at the end of the 1st qtr!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

fairland ran up the middle at will. a track meet for sure. i felt real good seeing a little youngster catch a bomb from river valley and took it to the house. fairland must have played some good teams those receivers were nice. #41 was a horse, #6 great player. i also seen the biggest 15 year old i have seen in my life and they say he wears a 22 shoe :122246

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

How many turnovers did RV have?
How did Fairland do against River Valley's offense. How'd they stop it?

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya hes a big one!I think they may have embelished a bit though,I think he only wears a 19! 8) But back in the mid 80s they were all that size at Fairland.We had a team in 1988 that averaged about 275 across the front.

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

fuzzhead wrote:How many turnovers did RV have?
How did Fairland do against River Valley's offense. How'd they stop it?

RV had a couple of turnovers, (fumble & interception) but mostly couldn't move the ball down the field...turned the ball over on downs a few times, too. Had to punt a lot and didn't seem to have anyone who could really boot the ball. Gave up good field position because the punts were short. Fairland's pass coverage was pretty good...batted down some passes, and at times put some pressure on RV qb which resulted in some incompletions. RV tried to run the ball up the middle a bunch and it just wasn't going anywhere. Should've stuck with the air. They have a couple good receivers and a good qb that can throw a good distance. Fairland's offensive line did a better job tonight...opened some nice holes for the running backs. Good job guys!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I think Adam Lee does wear a size 22. Fuzz I think Rv had 2 turnovers Fhs had 1. I'm telling you this Fairland team could easily be undefeated. This team is hitting it stride right now. RV has a nice QB and a couple of good receivers. It was good to see the reserves get plenty of action tonight.

sportsfan04
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan04 »

Wow - no defense tonight.

i just wanted everyone to know that fairland had all their subs in when rivervalley started scoring... no offense to rivervalley but i just wanted everyone to kno\

and adam lee does were a 22.. he told me his biggest in his closet is a 24

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ok, people are saying that River Valley has improved this year, but we're two games into OVC play and they've given up 111 points against Fairland and South Point.
Now I'd like to think they could possibly grab that big elusive OVC win this year against Chessy or Rock Hill, but I can't help but ask myself: just how good are the Raiders, really?

earp
S

Post by earp »

I swear I thought he told me once he wore a 19!Oh well hes probably grown that much since I heard that!Whatever size it is its a waterski!Like I have said before its just a shame this team lost all of those early games but it looks like it is starting to pay off!HUGE! game againist the Point next week,Hopefully I can make that one! Dragons pretty much control their own destiny now in the OVC! :aaaaa59 Oh and I almost forgot,There was no pepsi given out right Red?

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

RV IS improved from years past. This team is a better team than have shown, don't quite know what the problem is, but they are improved. Rv is playing with an inexperienced, young line, they have a freshman starting at tackle, only one player on the line that has any varsity experience. They also have young guys on defense also, making young guy mistakes. I think one of their problems on defense, is that the linebackers just can't seem to "read" I don't know if it is a coaching issue, or what. I thought that given the size diadvantage up front that RV protected well, just couldn't move that huge front of Fairland to open up the run. Fairland has a well diversed team, I can see them giving SP some major problems, I thought that SP was a definite to win the league, but now I'm not so sure. No. 41 from is a MAN!! runs hard, and has great speed for a big back. Fairland speed will give any team trouble. I still think RV can win in the OVC, they jus need to have faith in themselves we as fans do. They have a great passing game, and Curnutte is a good QB, and by the way, RV scored 12 points the first half, not on Fairland JV.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

yea but the second quarter we had a lot of jvs in. it was about half n half. when all of our varsity was in they scored once

Return to “Football”