region 23 playoff picture

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Re: region 23 playoff picture

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^gotcha, honestly by the looks of him I thought he was more 200-220.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:^^^gotcha, honestly by the looks of him I thought he was more 200-220.

He might be by now.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Buckeye 09- If Chesapeake lose they will most likely move to 5th.

Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Hoff »

What teams do all of these backs play for?

Buckeye09
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeye09 »

rockcoach wrote:Buckeye 09- If Chesapeake lose they will most likely move to 5th.

Thank You. Not likely to happen, but with a rivalry game stranger things Have happened. Was hoping you would say Chesapeake will Still keep the home playoff game tho. ; )

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Players of the year Region 23
1. Devin Dukes Rb Ready
2. Lukas Islay QB River
3.Casey McComas QB Peake
4.Casey Lewis RB Fort Frye
5.Jacob Rings Rb Centerburg
6. Caide Bunfil RB Barnesville
7. Kyle Gibson RB Newark Cath
Last edited by EasternDspy on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

That's a nice list Eastern, I would also add (not the actual player of the year, but worthy of recognition) is Cardington-Lincoln's wide receiver Devin Pearl.
40 catches 710 yards 13 TDs.
Weather you think the numbers are impressive or not, word has it he has demanded double coverage every game this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lewis actually has 27 Tds

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My predictions

1. River vs 8. Col Bishop Ready

4. Chesapeake vs 5. Barnesville

3. Fort Frye vs 6. Centerburg

2. Newark Cath vs 7. Bellaire

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will most likely avoid Bishop Ready unless Newark Cath and Barnesville lose.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River should be rooting for Union Local. If Union Local wins River will most likely play Card Lincoln unless they get beat by Fredericktown. If CL and Barnesville lose Coal Grove or maybe Southeastern could sneak in.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Never mind Barnesville would probably make it over Coal Grove and Southeastern even if they lose.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I would enjoy watching a Fort Frye vs Centerburg matchup. Up until about Week 8 I would have said Centerburg in a less than 10 point ball game......now I'm thinking more along the lines of Fort Frye by 10-14 points.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:I would enjoy watching a Fort Frye vs Centerburg matchup. Up until about Week 8 I would have said Centerburg in a less than 10 point ball game......now I'm thinking more along the lines of Fort Frye by 10-14 points.

I know Centerburg is not Fredericktown but that matchup of Centerburg would feel like a redemption game for the Cadets. Both come from same league and are run based. I'm not super impressed with Centerburgs schedule and results. Last year Freddie's were also 8-2 and proved that the league made them ready upsetting PV and Fort Frye. Also they played Grandview tough.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^ totally agree. From what I understand Centerburg having only one possession wins against MG, Northmor, and Fredericktown (this years team) is absolutely nothing to be proud of. Their Cardington score impressed me only offensively. The Highland loss is somewhat impressive (as impressive as a loss can be), and I only mean that due to it looks like Highland coasted through the rest of their league play. That MOAC blue division is probably good playoff prep for the teams in this region. The Freddies have had some decent playoff success in recent years. Centerburg has had I want to say 2? Appearances in recent history. One they got knocked off by Fredericktown and Monroe Central sent them home in the other one. For the D4 and D5 schools in the MOAC blue in Highland and Mount Gilead, however, it's not great of playoff prep. I'm pretty confident the Cadets would score a playoff win if they drew Centerburg this year. They would beat Cardington too if that matchup were to happen (probably won't lineup that way though)

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Centerburg is basically a 3 man team QB (Gregory), RB (Rings) and WR/kicker (Armstrong).

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^ Hard to disagree with that. I'll say this nobody in this region should struggle to put points up on them.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If Newark Catholic uses the entire field on offense and with the weapons they have, they could waltz through this division.

But have watching them play enough over the years, I would be shocked if this turned out to be the case.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:If Newark Catholic uses the entire field on offense and with the weapons they have, they could waltz through this division.

But have watching them play enough over the years, I would be shocked if this turned out to be the case.
Even if NC plays their best, I don't think they will waltz though the region. They might win it but not waltz.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I see what LCF is getting at though. At the end of the day this is not a great region across the board....and really if NC were to utilize all their weapons and then the kids brough their A game for three straight weeks, I think their closest game would be a 10 pt win over Ready. After that (considering the above happens) I think they could possibly get by Patrick Henry. I don't think they would beat Marion Local or Kirtland. Obviously that's all assuming NC, ML, Kirtland, and PH were the final 4.

However, with some of the injury struggles and some of the inconsistencies mentioned, I think NC is my favorite to win the region, but I don't think they will have total control of any of the games.

Return to “Football”