Re: Burg in the SEOAL??????

Post by loyaldevilfan »

This is getting so good feedback....

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Army wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Hang on to your hats gentlemen. I have it on good authority that once Zanesville is gone, the SEOAL is going to retain their North/South divisions with four teams in each division. If I remember right, three different south teams (Chillicothe, Jackson. GAHS) will take two year turns in the North to balance out the divisions. Not sure of the motivation for not going to one eight team league. Perhaps it is to help the travel out for Portsmouth and Ironton. Don't take this as gospel, although it comes from a very reliable source. Time will tell.

You have to be joking? :roll:

I hope not. Especially with the possibility of alternate fuels. I know many of our School buses in Chillicothe City Schools run on Natural Gas, instead of Gasoline or Diesel Fuel.

I know Chillicothe will support what ever they are delt with, but this split division format is a crock if you have only 8 teams. If Ironton and Portsmouth are going to whine about travel, they should of thought about that in 2004 when accepting the invitation to join the SEOAL. I once have never heard Marietta complain when the SEOAL was without the expansion teams and they had to travel to Jackson?

If they want to split the divisions, how are they going to play football? Is everybody still playing a 7 SEOAL Game format? If not, I am not sure Chillicothe would be in favor of that. Our CAVS are already playing 7 SEOAL schools this year, with many other SEOAL Teams playing only 6 SEOAL Schools. We have traveled all over this state to play football and other sports the past 63 years. So travel is nothing new to The Chillicothe Cavaliers.

Concerning Ironton and Portsmouth, they have a travel history as well, especially in Football. To include their prior independent status they both played in, during the 80's, 90's, and up to 2005. :roll:

I could see applying the split division for all other sports to limit the travel on weeknights. That's understandable. If they split the divisions for that format change it to a West-East Format instead of a North-South one. Then there is no need to rotate 3 South Teams which is ignorant. What's that all about? :roll:

Make the Divisions with:

West Division
Chillicothe DIII
Jackson DII
Portsmouth DIV
Ironton DIV

East Division
Gallia Academy DIV
Logan DII
Warren DIII
Marietta DII

But for Football :?: :roll:

Be real :!: :roll:

Just make it an 8 team SEOAL League and drive on. No divisions needed for that sport. If so explain? You only travel once and it is on a Friday Night?

GO CAVS :!: :-D

In football, it will be an 8 team league, 7 game round robin.

In other sports, the division format will be utitlized. I believe there was discussion about permanently moving a South Division team to the North, but none of the 5 South division teams would agree to move (which makes sense in regards to travel).

Therefore, it was decided that Jackson/Gallia/Chilli would rotate every two years.

Army
S

Post by Army »

drrabbit wrote:Speaking of old times, did you know that Chillicothe and New Boston played in football? I don't know how many times they played but it was at least once. Maybe the TIGERS of Glenwood should join their old rivals in the SEOAL. ;-)

I believe it was in 1952. :-D

New Boston was in the SEOAL from 1926-1936. :-D

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Actually, the New Boston/Chillicothe game I came across was the first game of the 1951 season. But it may have been a two year contract and they played again in 1952. Or if you are looking at a yearbook, the 1951 game would be in the '1952' yearbook.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

New Boston also played Ironton in 1951 and 1952. Ironton won in 1951, but New Boston won 33-0 in 1952 in a game that was played at New Boston. It was New Boston's only win in the 11 game history of the two schools.

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:
Army wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Hang on to your hats gentlemen. I have it on good authority that once Zanesville is gone, the SEOAL is going to retain their North/South divisions with four teams in each division. If I remember right, three different south teams (Chillicothe, Jackson. GAHS) will take two year turns in the North to balance out the divisions. Not sure of the motivation for not going to one eight team league. Perhaps it is to help the travel out for Portsmouth and Ironton. Don't take this as gospel, although it comes from a very reliable source. Time will tell.

You have to be joking? :roll:

I hope not. Especially with the possibility of alternate fuels. I know many of our School buses in Chillicothe City Schools run on Natural Gas, instead of Gasoline or Diesel Fuel.

I know Chillicothe will support what ever they are delt with, but this split division format is a crock if you have only 8 teams. If Ironton and Portsmouth are going to whine about travel, they should of thought about that in 2004 when accepting the invitation to join the SEOAL. I once have never heard Marietta complain when the SEOAL was without the expansion teams and they had to travel to Jackson?

If they want to split the divisions, how are they going to play football? Is everybody still playing a 7 SEOAL Game format? If not, I am not sure Chillicothe would be in favor of that. Our CAVS are already playing 7 SEOAL schools this year, with many other SEOAL Teams playing only 6 SEOAL Schools. We have traveled all over this state to play football and other sports the past 63 years. So travel is nothing new to The Chillicothe Cavaliers.

Concerning Ironton and Portsmouth, they have a travel history as well, especially in Football. To include their prior independent status they both played in, during the 80's, 90's, and up to 2005. :roll:

I could see applying the split division for all other sports to limit the travel on weeknights. That's understandable. If they split the divisions for that format change it to a West-East Format instead of a North-South one. Then there is no need to rotate 3 South Teams which is ignorant. What's that all about? :roll:

Make the Divisions with:

West Division
Chillicothe DIII
Jackson DII
Portsmouth DIV
Ironton DIV

East Division
Gallia Academy DIV
Logan DII
Warren DIII
Marietta DII

But for Football :?: :roll:

Be real :!: :roll:

Just make it an 8 team SEOAL League and drive on. No divisions needed for that sport. If so explain? You only travel once and it is on a Friday Night?

In football, it will be an 8 team league, 7 game round robin.

In other sports, the division format will be utitlized. I believe there was discussion about permanently moving a South Division team to the North, but none of the 5 South division teams would agree to move (which makes sense in regards to travel).

Therefore, it was decided that Jackson/Gallia/Chilli would rotate every two years.

Who is rotating first from the South :?: :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

drrabbit wrote:Actually, the New Boston/Chillicothe game I came across was the first game of the 1951 season. But it may have been a two year contract and they played again in 1952. Or if you are looking at a yearbook, the 1951 game would be in the '1952' yearbook.

someoverkill wrote:New Boston also played Ironton in 1951 and 1952. Ironton won in 1951, but New Boston won 33-0 in 1952 in a game that was played at New Boston. It was New Boston's only win in the 11 game history of the two schools.

drrabbit and someoverkill,

Chillicothe Cavaliers vs New Boston Tigers

Chillicothe leads the series 4-0-0
The series began between Chillicothe and New Boston in 1945
From WBEX 1490 Sports (CAV Sports) in the CAV Records Section

Ironton Fighting Tigers vs New Boston Tigers
From the Ironton Football Web Site

Ironton leads the series 10-1-0
Years Winner Score
1921 Ironton (H) 13 0
1927 Ironton (H) 6 0
1928 Ironton (H) 30 0
1929 Ironton (H) 22 0
1930 Ironton (H) 19 0
1933 Ironton (H) 6 0
1939 Ironton (H) 25 6
1951 Ironton (H) 47 6
1952 New Boston (A) 33 0
1970 Ironton (H) 35 0
1971 Ironton (H) 40 14

GO CAVS :!:

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

someoverkill wrote:Wheelersburg has had the best overall athletic program in the southern part of the state, in the past several years. They are simply good in almost everything. Yes, they play in one of the most weak conferences in the state, but they still beat non conference teams as well. The Pirate administration has to be commended on upgrading their facilities and making an overall commitment to excellence. Theuy hire top notch coaches and they flat out get after you in all sports. They are to be commended.
That being said, they will not leave a great situation. They have the luxury of short drives in conference for all of their sports. they have the luxury of attracting visiting fans evn though they win probably 75% or higher of all of their league contests in all sports. (Mainly again due to distance). Their revenues are strong and their travel budgets are low. They also have the luxury of playing Portsmouth and Ironton in almost all sports, so even their non conference games are fairly close. The only positive thing that the SEOAL would offer Wheelersburg is overall better competition in basketball and football. I dont think the SEOAL offers better competition in baseball or other non revenue type sports.
Wheelersburg would try to entice Ironton and/or Portsmouth to the SOC, before they left for the SEOAL.
With all that said, I look for some type of merger between the OVC and the SOC, before Ironton or Portsmouth would ever be invited. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

As a matter of fact...Burg tried to get Ironton to join the SOCII my junior and senir year..the only thing is, the other SOC school would not vote them in. I have no idea why..Burg has won more SOC championships than other SOC school...u think Minford, Northwest, West and Waverly( Valley was in SOC I those years) would want someone else to be in there...

i would love to see BOTH PHS and IHS on the SOCII...make for a very interesting SOCII race...but time will tell..

Good Luck PIRATES...

We are...The BURG

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Post subject: Burg in the SEOAL???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Army
S

Post by Army »

burggrad_2000 wrote:
someoverkill wrote:Wheelersburg has had the best overall athletic program in the southern part of the state, in the past several years. They are simply good in almost everything. Yes, they play in one of the most weak conferences in the state, but they still beat non conference teams as well. The Pirate administration has to be commended on upgrading their facilities and making an overall commitment to excellence. Theuy hire top notch coaches and they flat out get after you in all sports. They are to be commended.
That being said, they will not leave a great situation. They have the luxury of short drives in conference for all of their sports. they have the luxury of attracting visiting fans evn though they win probably 75% or higher of all of their league contests in all sports. (Mainly again due to distance). Their revenues are strong and their travel budgets are low. They also have the luxury of playing Portsmouth and Ironton in almost all sports, so even their non conference games are fairly close. The only positive thing that the SEOAL would offer Wheelersburg is overall better competition in basketball and football. I dont think the SEOAL offers better competition in baseball or other non revenue type sports.
Wheelersburg would try to entice Ironton and/or Portsmouth to the SOC, before they left for the SEOAL.
With all that said, I look for some type of merger between the OVC and the SOC, before Ironton or Portsmouth would ever be invited. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

As a matter of fact...Burg tried to get Ironton to join the SOCII my junior and senir year..the only thing is, the other SOC school would not vote them in. I have no idea why..Burg has won more SOC championships than other SOC school...u think Minford, Northwest, West and Waverly( Valley was in SOC I those years) would want someone else to be in there...

i would love to see BOTH PHS and IHS on the SOCII...make for a very interesting SOCII race...but time will tell..

Good Luck PIRATES...

We are...The BURG

I could never figure out why the SOC II schools deny Ironton and Portsmouth to join their Conference. Is Waverly against those schools too? I know Ironton pretty much man handled Waverly when the Waverly Tigers were in the SEOAL from 1970-1982.

The SOC could be changed if those schools would give in.

SOC I
Portsmouth N.D. D6
Portsmouth East D6
Green D6
Symmes Valley D6
Oak Hill D5
add South Gallia D6

SOC II
Waverly D4
Lucasville Valley D5
Minford D5
Northwest D4
Portsmouth West D5
Portsmouth D4
Wheelersburg D5
Ironton D4

Make a basketball league:

SOC III
Pike Western D6
Pike Eastern D6
Portsmouth Clay D6
New Boston D6
South Webster D5
add Ironton St. Joe D6

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

As for as I known Ironton as never applied to join the SOC . As for Portsmouth the AD,s from ALL SOC schools vote the last vote was 3 against (I will let you decide which schools),The vote is all or none in

Army
S

Post by Army »

D-5 wrote:As for as I known Ironton as never applied to join the SOC . As for Portsmouth the AD,s from ALL SOC schools vote the last vote was 3 against (I will let you decide which schools),The vote is all or none in

Well if the vote is strictly SOC II Schools, let me try. :-D

Northwest
Lucasville Valley
Minford

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Army wrote:
D-5 wrote:As for as I known Ironton as never applied to join the SOC . As for Portsmouth the AD,s from ALL SOC schools vote the last vote was 3 against (I will let you decide which schools),The vote is all or none in

Well if the vote is strictly SOC II Schools, let me try. :-D

Northwest
Lucasville Valley
Minford

No the vote is all SOC schools one is all it takes

Army
S

Post by Army »

Hmmm, New Boston, Portsmouth Clay, Beaver Eastern? :-D

Unless some SOC I football schools said no?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

You are on track let it go ,They will not them in I can sit here all night and say this or that The BURG has no reason to join the SEAOL //go E

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Wheelersburg is growing as a community. the kid count doesnt show it yet but they will be D4 very soon. We may ask Burg in the seaol in a few years with the Coke plant growing, the Steel Mill coming in and whatever else wants the ohio river basin. Give it a rest for about 2-3 more years because we need an influx of people to man these plants and their kids will go to schools. What schools they want is up to them. Green looks to make out but Burg will get the share. And Ptown will gets its share with the expansion of the A plant. lets just wait a few years and see what happens.

Army
S

Post by Army »

demaniac1 wrote:Wheelersburg is growing as a community. the kid count doesnt show it yet but they will be D4 very soon. We may ask Burg in the seaol in a few years with the Coke plant growing, the Steel Mill coming in and whatever else wants the ohio river basin. Give it a rest for about 2-3 more years because we need an influx of people to man these plants and their kids will go to schools. What schools they want is up to them. Green looks to make out but Burg will get the share. And Ptown will gets its share with the expansion of the A plant. lets just wait a few years and see what happens.

If Wheelersburg would come in a few years from now, I would also love to see Waverly come back into the SEOAL too.

The divisons would have to be re-arranged most likely, but I believe both schools could compete very well IF THEY continue to grow in size. If the A-Plant continues to grow, look for Waverly and Portsmouth to go back to a DIII status.

The Divisions could be a West-East format with:

West Division
Chillicothe
Waverly
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
Ironton

East Division
Jackson
Gallia Academy
Logan
Warren
Marietta

Only time will tell. :-D

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Geez, how about Piketon?? Forgot about those Red streaks. They could easily go D4 in the upper scale. Football coming along, other sports I am not sure of. I like your SEAOC better!!! WOW!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

The Football setup for the SEOAL will be fine with eight.But, one thing many have yet to consider in spliting the two into four team divisions for Basketball is, you will have to schedule ten out of conference games.( meaning half the schedule is out of conference)If it was all one division you would only have to have six out of conference.A pain in the ad's butt for sure...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GEESH, ALL THOSE LONG BLUE DIVISIONS, MAKES MY EYES TIRED.

Return to “Football”