WK 6 Jackson (4-1) @ Marietta (2-3)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 6 Jackson (4-1) @ Marietta (2-3)

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd say the receivers wil be more of the reason.

Tired is OK if you win.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Getting a little off topic here, but I know a lot of Jackson fans will be interested in this.

Dante Love, former QB at Cincinnati Withrow, was injured in Ball State's game against Indiana on Saturday. He took a hit to the head and collapsed immediately on the field. I have read that he lost consciousness and was immediately stabilized by trainers and medical personnel, carted off the field, and then taken to the hospital in Bloomington. He was later transported to a hospital in Indianapolis where he underwent a five hour surgery to stabilize a cervical spine fracture and a spinal cord injury. I have heard that his C4-C6 vertebrae were fractured. Love has regained movement in his arms and legs at this point, but still does not have a full range of motion in his limbs. Doctors are optimistic that he will regain full usage of his arms and legs, but his football career is likely over. Here is a link to a story on ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3600875

Love led Cincinnati Withrow to an undefeated regular season in 2004 before losing to Jackson 36-35 in the first round of the Region 8 Division 2 playoffs in what is possibly the greatest high school football game I have ever watched. He then went to Ball State and has had a great career as a WR and was projected to be drafted in next year's NFL Draft. It's extremely sad to see his career cut short and I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully the members of SEOPS can keep him in their thoughts and prayers.

black_and_orange
Riding the Bench

Post by black_and_orange »

Marietta's run defense is much better now that people are healthy. Many of South's yards came after the Tigers began subbing starters out late in the third quarter and South's starters played til the buzzer. Should be an interesting match-up.

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

I fully expect Jackson to gring it out with Huff on the ground. I would like to see us stretch the field a little, maybe a little more of Trace and Lindamood. If we can do that, it will open up more lanes for Huff to run.

Our defense has to come up and cover those receivers tight. We can not give up the underneath stuff all night long. We also must put some pressure on the QB.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I agree that Trace and Lindamood need to be involved. It's hard to do that when you rely so much on the ground game, and when you can run the ball so well. However, those guys are both playmakers. Good things will happen if they can get the ball in space.

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

it depends on who plays qb if they use the same one as last week tigers have a good chance !!!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

This should be a real good game!!!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Man I tell you what, after the game the radio station gave the Jackson Coach an interview and I must say, Jackson fans have to be mighty proud of him...He is a real stand up guy and made some classy comments..I know the games can get heated at times but I have NEVER met finer football fans( besides Gallipolis ofcourse) than Jackson Fans... I look for Jackson to rebound big in this game...Good luck to both teams and I hope you have an injury free game.....

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I look for a good game.Jackson on the road!!! WOW Close one.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bballin,

I look for a close game as well, but it's not like Jackson is traditionally bad on the road. In fact, Jackson is 8-3 all time at Marietta and has won the last three times they have went there.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With the first three team Marietta played--you just have to watch out for them.
I'm looking for Marietta to pull a couple upset this year. Calling them upsets because they just may not be peoples picks. But in their minds it's not an upset.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

There's no doubt about that. Marietta definitely stepped up to the plate and played a very tough non-league schedule. They're a dangerous team that could really cause some problems for SEOAL opponents. I'm sure that Jackson is aware of the fact that Marietta is much better than their record shows. The Ironmen have to work hard this week to prepare for the Tigers' passing attack and they better come to play when they go to Marietta on Friday.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I think Marietta wins this one. Especially, after last weeks victory the Tigers pulled off.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

marietta has alot of different weapons that can be hard to contain at times
while on the other hand jackson is more one deminsional focusing on huff

both teams are good at what they do and it should be a good one with marietta on top

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Well, another game down. The Tigers are building momentum. Most of all confidence is building. I have been told Marietta does not deserve to be on the same field with Darby, and New Philly. I say to those people stay with your own team, and if your team is Marietta and you are saying this, get a new team. The Tigers could have won any of those games. The fact is we did not. Those games were all played weeks ago and the only thing we deal with now is how they prepared us for the challenges that the SEOAL brings. RUN, RUN, RUN…. This is all people talk about when the Tigers come up, that and the first 3 games. Can the Tigers stop the run, can they run themselves. Jackson is a fine football team with a star studded backfield. They run it very well. I am sure they will gain some yards on the Tigers. The simple fact is you get 0 points for 300 yards rushing. Jackson will score some points, but so will the Tigers. Jackson will run the ball that’s what they do. We will throw the ball, that’s what we do. (not sure if anyone knows wheeler had 250 on the ground last week for the Tigers.) But we will pass all around. For the 5th time I will tell you if the score is 87 Jackson 3 Marietta, the Tigers will keep fighting. This is a great week for the Tigers to take some respect from the league. No more can Marietta win; it’s who can stop them from winning. Good luck Tigers, and Jackson.

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

Jackson by 2 scores.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I think the Tigers can win by 2-4 scores if they contain Jacksons running game and the Tigers open up on them with the passing game.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

4 scores? I think that's going a little overboard. I'm sorry but I don't see this game being a blowout either way.

It's funny that you don't show up on a Jackson thread until they lose a game. Now you're predicting that they'll get blown off the field by Marietta.

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

not to get off subject of the game i just read an article on yahoo news I thought i would share concerning Dante Love receiving a probable career ending spinal injury injury

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns.

Im sorry to hear this. He competed against Jackson in the 2004 playoffs for Withrow... thoughts and prayers go out to this young man and his family

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:4 scores? I think that's going a little overboard. I'm sorry but I don't see this game being a blowout either way.

It's funny that you don't show up on a Jackson thread until they lose a game. Now you're predicting that they'll get blown off the field by Marietta.

No disrespect to either team. Don't take it the wrong way, maybe Jackson will surprise many this week. Who knows? But looking at the stats pertaining to defending the pass, Jackson has had some difficulties this season. Am I wrong on that statement? As for Marietta, I don't know much about them this season either, other than they defeated Parkersburg South and they pass the football. If they do stop your teams running game, and can connect the pass, it could be a long night in Marietta this year. :-D

Good Luck to both SEOAL Teams! :-D

Return to “Football”