WK 6 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Army
S

Re: ironton @ chillicothe

Post by Army »

kantuckyII wrote:Hey hey hey! it's Donato's Pizza night for many Tiger Fans! ;-)

I hope to meet you finally. :-D

We will be there in support of our CAVS :!:

Going to be a good one to watch this Friday :!:

GO CAVS

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: WK 6 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

91blue14 wrote:chillecothe with home field and the better qb :mrgreen:

You may be surprised by the Ironton QB...

Army
S

Post by Army »

I am sure our defense will be prepared. We have heard nothing but great things coming out of Ironton's QB abilities. I am looking forward to watching this game.

GO CAVS :!:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Should be a pretty interesting game. A real "measuring stick" for both teams. IMO, the winner will stay in contention for the league title and getting a big bump in computer points.

Ironton will need to grind out yards on the ground and try to mimmick what Sheridan did to win the game. Ironton can throw the ball better than the Generals, so if they can have success early on the ground, they could exploit the Cavs deep with Morris.

Conversely, Chillicothe needs to be balanced like they were against Zanesville on offense. They have a solid 1-2 punch out of the backfield, and if Caleb can get it going through the air they could be very effective.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Truelly, will be a great game, Chilli always loaded with talent and brings a battle every year, I am taking my tiger's by 2 scores 28 - 14. GO TIGERS

Army
S

Post by Army »

LoganLocos wrote:Should be a pretty interesting game. A real "measuring stick" for both teams. IMO, the winner will stay in contention for the league title and getting a big bump in computer points.

Ironton will need to grind out yards on the ground and try to mimmick what Sheridan did to win the game. Ironton can throw the ball better than the Generals, so if they can have success early on the ground, they could exploit the Cavs deep with Morris.

Conversely, Chillicothe needs to be balanced like they were against Zanesville on offense. They have a solid 1-2 punch out of the backfield, and if Caleb can get it going through the air they could be very effective.

The CAV Team that played Sherdian a few weeks ago made several mistakes. Plus, it was raining throughout the whole game. Sheridan still won the game, but Chillicothe did have several errors in that game due to the weather, especially in the second half that caused Sheridan to take control of the game.

The CAVS hopefully, will play Ironton as they did against Portsmouth, all 4 quarters, not like the Zanesville game. In the Zanesville game, Chillicothe scored 17 points in the 4th quarter to come back and win. The defense will be the factor in this game.

One game at a time CAVS :!:

ravens
Waterboy

Post by ravens »

Army wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Should be a pretty interesting game. A real "measuring stick" for both teams. IMO, the winner will stay in contention for the league title and getting a big bump in computer points.

The CAV Team that played Sherdian a few weeks ago made several mistakes. Plus, it was raining throughout the whole game. Sheridan still won the game, but Chillicothe did have several errors in that game due to the weather, especially in the second half that caused Sheridan to take control of the game.

The CAVS hopefully, will play Ironton as they did against Portsmouth, all 4 quarters, not like the Zanesville game. In the Zanesville game, Chillicothe scored 17 points in the 4th quarter to come back and win. The defense will be the factor in this game.

WOW!!!!!! The offense will need to step up and play like they did against Portsmouth.Chilli's defense has played pretty good in all 5 games.May be Sheridan game but the defense was out there all night long.Any ways this team is starting to come together and play good some good football.These kid's are determined to go out and fight every friday and winning some ball games.They know what needs to be done,swarm to ball carrier and wrap up gang tackle.The O-LINE stay with their blocks,the running back keep running north and south you can gain a few more yards.The only thing that scares me is our safety,I think they need to make a change there.My question is why doesn't Caleb Knights play more defense than he does???? I'm just wondering!!!!!!! I think that Knights would be the finishing touch in the Defense back field.Yeah! I know he's the QuarterBack of the team.But if I remember right Big Walnut QB from last year play LineBacker and played both ways,so this can be done.Caleb is a very good Athlete so he can do it.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

I see this a very close game with Chilli pulling it out in the end. Locos, please tell me you are not even saying that Ironton is close to the team that Sheridan is? Maybe I miss understood you. I value your opinion but please! I also beleive Sheridan would throw the ball just as well if they needed to. The Ironton I watched play against us would get beat to death by Sheridan. Army, I hate to come at you man but here you go again. For two weeks you do not hear a word out of you, and now that you beat two below average teams you can not shut up and start shooting off crap again. I am glad you guys are getting it together and I hope you finish strong, but please think about what you are saying. I watched the Sheridan game on film. You scored on a fumble, and your next td was on a Sheridan defense that had 7 second teamers on the field. As far as a dry field, are you kidding me? if the field was dry it would have been 60-7! I would watch what I wish for Army, looks like your Cavs may get the Generals at their place in the playoffs. Call me, I will bet the house it is worse this time around. You should be happy man, and I wish you the best, but this is why people come at you. You got beat by a good team in Brookhaven and a very good team in Sheridan. Brookhaven you may get on the rebound but Sheridan beats you 10 out of 10 times. Making stupid excuses for a beating is lame. Except it, give the due credit, and move on. Really Army, congrats on bringing it together buddy, you are a great fan but you better watch your game film of the Sheridan game. If it was a prize fight, they would have stopped it early. Excuses and comments like you make are comedy at its best. Good luck Chilli, keep rolling and week 10 will be a great show, can't wait.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think all Loco said was Ironton has a better passing game than the Generals.

Scweickart needs to start throwing more often

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Drifter,

There is no way ironton could beat Sheridan this season. But ironton could be a much better team by using the full aray of weapons available to them. A good Sheridan team, is a good team.

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

i agree they got the goods so why not use it!!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

I see the CAVS defense as one major factor in this game. I also see more passing by our CAVS against Ironton. This CAV team is not the one that got beat by Brookhaven in week one. That night, our line did not do there job in protecting Caleb. The Sherdian game was against a well rounded team that ran the ball successfully, eventuually wearing down our defense. The Generals are a top notch team, no doubt, but they can be defeated. To make a statement that one team can not rebound is overlooking the possibilities of the kids who play the game. If it was not so, then I guess the thumping Ohio State put on UCLA in California in the mid 70's but then got crushed by that same UCLA Team in the Rose Bowl must of been a once in a life time thing huh? Drifter, maybe if you would quit trying to be the CYBER Bully Coach on here and stop telling us CAV fans we are going to be destroyed by teams like Big Walnut and Zanesville, maybe some of us in CAV Land would answer you more often on here. No matter how you apply your logic, from where ever, the weather was a factor in the game between Chillicothe and Sherdian. The Sherdian Generals are for real, no doubt. And that night they would of still defeated our CAVS no doubt. But, they can be defeated just like any other team on any given night. It is up to the kids, not you.

For your information I applauded Sherdian for their performance against our CAVS. I was not making an excuse for our loss, but stating the weather hampered our offense that evening.

Oh, by the way, we are looking forward to week 10 too. :-D

Here is WBEX's 1490 take on the Chillicothe vs Sheridan:

Weather wise... the rain made its appearance on the first play from scrimmage.
Sheridan's offensive running attack didn't mind at all. The Generals rolled up 439 yards offense, led by Bryan Crader's 297 yards on 33 lugs. The Sheridan tailback rushed for four touchdowns.

Let there be rain... and there was. Enough to make things slippery.
The Generals coughed up the ball in Chillicothe territory. Momentum? It was very short lived.

On Chillicothe's initial play, Caleb Knights was stripped while gaining extra yards.
Sheridan recovered to march down the field. The Cavs defense stepped up to force a fourth down inside Chillicothe's 20. Jordan Benson stepped in front of a Treg Ulmer pass at the Cavs 11. A second shot at momentum? No.

Chillicothe ran 15 offensive plays in the game's first half. They briefly held a 7-0 lead when Isaac Beverly scooped up a fumble at the Chillicothe 11, returning it 89 yards for a 7-0 lead. Sheridan answered right back with a 19 yard run by Crader, then went up 13-7 on a 1 yard Crader run. The Cavs were still in the game at halftime, but could not stop the flood as the Generals built a 27-7 second half lead.

Caleb Knights led the Cavs on an 80 yard drive highlighted by a 40 yard pass to Ron Smith. The two connected again for a 14 yard score with just minutes remaining.
Final, Sheridan 34, Chillicothe 14. Chillicothe slips to 1-2 while the Generals head back to Thornville at 3-0.

The same goes for any season. If it wasn't so, look at the 2006 season as an example. Our CAVS defeated your beloved Logan Chieftians, but got crushed by Big Walnut at home the week before. The week befor Big Walnut the CAVS defeated Brookhaven. The CAVS then defeated an outstanding Gallia Academy team in a hard fought battle at Chillicothe after the Logan game. The next week they crushed Ironton 47-14. Then look what happened to them at Jackson the following week. Anything is possible, especially with any of these SEOAL Teams.

Just like this 2008 season, look at what happened to Jackson last week at Gallia Academy. Almost everybody was stating Jackson would win. The same goes for our game against Big Walnut and Zanesville this season. Our CAVS were not supposed to defeat either one of those teams by all the experts on here. Each week is a renewal and a re-look at the past mis-takes. To hone in on those and overcome them as a team. Thus, turning those errors made by the players into a positive from a negative for the next game. I believe our team is doing just that. The Portsmouth game was supposed to be close one. I for one predicted that myself with the past we have, concerning the Portsmouth Trojans. I was completely wrong. Our CAVS continue to rebound and are starting to believe in each other, their coaches and their goal to win. As stated earlier, the running game is starting to take effect within our CAV offense. That is a great compliment to our passing game. Ironton will be a great game for our CAVS to continue to show their improvement. Hopefully with a win for our CAVS come Friday night. The kids will make the plays, not any of us on here. No posters ever will. As for the Ironton Fighting Tigers, I am sure they will be as ready to play as our CAVS are. Their coaches are great at preparation and their tradition speaks for itself. This has been a decent series since the 90's and I look for a real barn-burner come this Friday at the Hernnstein. I am really impressed how far our CAVS have come since the come-back win up at Zanesville.

I wish both respected SEOAL schools the best. I also hope the game is an injury free one with great sportsmanship portrayed by both teams.

GO CAVS :!: :-D
Last edited by Army on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Army,

I agree Chilly should look forward to week 10!!!!!!!!!!!

The it will almost be basketball season. lol

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Yes, Army said a mouthful, thats for sure. Always a 10 page history lesson to cover up his stupid remarks. First of all, Cyber Bully? Because I was right on from the beginning! You as always ran your mouth about a team you knew nothing about. I did pick Chilli to lose to Big Nutt, but from the beginning knew Sheridan would BEAT YOU EASILY AND THEY DID! You are the only one wanting to make this me against Chilli. I picked you to beat Zanesville, they are terrible. You have not beat anyone that good to this point. I have pulled for Chilli from the beginning, just because I do not throw around stupid, no fact comments like you do. Read what you sent me man, Geez you are really not all there are you? " Sheridan coughed the ball up in the rain" 439 total yards, hell Chilli only had like three positve plays the whole game. Sheridan had three starters on defense, two on offense, not even dressed. Could not get their break away man Denny the ball, BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER. Starting qb Ulmer was a last minute decision to play because of a ankle injury. Again, if it was not raining it would have been worse! No one said Sheridan could not be beat, just not by Chilli. You get your butt thumped by Sheridan and you go into hiding, then you beat a terrible Zanesville team, Portsmouth and your mouth takes off again. I can not wait untill week 10 Army, and even better the playoffs. I could get to see you at Sheridan and see what your excuse would be this time around. Field too dry, too wendy, too many cornfields? Good luck to Chilli, hope it is dry Friday, I would hate to see the weather only effect one team on the field.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Drifter,

Are you sure you haven't trashed our kids team on here concerning their 2008 season? You wouldn't want someone to pull up all your negative comments earlier this year you made on SEOPS would you? :-D

Statements made like certain teams would thump Chillicothe. And they didn't. Remember those by chance? You never know who might have saved them before they could have been deleted. Statements like Chillicothe has a D5 level football field, I wonder who said that? :-D

You don't want to go down that trail do you? :-D

Then when our CAVS win and make you look like the cyber want to be coach on here that you are, with his foot inserted in his mouth, you seem to change your toon, like, I was for Chilli in that game :!: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure you where :!: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always, Certain Logan Posters who love to talk trash on here have no where else to go evidently, so they have to slip over on Chillicothe Cavaliers thread again and start running their traps against our kids team as usual.

Oddly enough, this weeks game is Chillicothe vs Ironton. It's not Chillicothe vs Logan, not yet anyway. :-D

One would think Drifter and 2old might be a little concerned about week 10.

You think CAV Fans :?: :-D

Especially, knowing their team has to play at Chillicothe this season. :-D

Doesn't your team play Zanesville or someone?

Why don't you both try to slip back to that thread. Hey, you might be surprised to see that you can talk trash over on that thread to. :roll:

Now, back to this weeks game, I think the Chillicothe vs Ironton match-up will be a great game this Friday.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Army,

I agree Chilly should look forward to week 10!!!!!!!!!!!

The it will almost be basketball season. lol

They are the reigning D2 State Champs.........

Army
S

Post by Army »

OHbuckeye1,

As 2old always says, but instead, he must have CAV envy. :-D :lol:

I look forward to this Fridays game. I think this weeks game will probably be a barn-burner and a serious defensive battle between our two respected schools. Good luck to your Fighting Tigers and may the game be an injury free one. Our CAVS will have to bring their A-Game Friday, that's for sure. We know Coach L will have a great game plan too.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

Who cares Army? Bring out your saved files! Man you have some serious issues dude. No one has ever trashed your kids. Most negative comments are to you and your big mouth. You did get THUMPED. You did lose to Sheridan and Brookhaven. You beat Big Nut who anyone who has seen them agrees they are way down and not too strong this year. You beat a very bad Zanesville team. and a Portsmouth team that got beat by Portsmouth West for God's sake. I hate to use your winning excuses but if it was not raining you would have lost to Sheridan by 50 points! The comment to your field was pretty much accurate, but was in response to you always going on about Hernstein like it was the Rose Bowl. The Sheridan fans could not beleive the atmosphere, they were shocked. They thought it would be rocking as you say. I understand Sheridan had more fans standing than Chilli had there! Quit exagerrating everything Army. It is not the Rose Bowl and you still have a program that averages 5-6 wins a year. If you lose to Ironton are you going to disappear again untill you beat another weak team? Envy Chillicothe? Afraid of them? You are nuts dude. You are still begging for someone to give you some respect. Well Army I do wish your kids the best, you need to seek help man! By the way Army, if you did not get to go to the Sheridan game watch it on film. You will see Cavs lineman on their backs all night, Cav's being ran over all night, CAVS being outran ALL NIGHT, Caleb on his back all night, DO NOT think it had anything to do with the weather!!!!!!!!!! You might also want to notice all the second teamers Sheridan played the last quarter. Their last td was ALL second teamers! I hope so much I get to see you week 10 Army.
Last edited by DRIFTER on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

IRONTON 24-10

Return to “Football”