WK 6 Ironton @ Chillicothe

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

WK 6 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Post by cavalierfan95 »

chillicothe makes it 2 in a row can they keep it up?

Army
S

Re: ironton @ chillicothe

Post by Army »

GO CAVS :!: :-D

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

What a great dinner at the RIBBER!! The Cav's are on track and will be ready for those Ironton Tigers when the roll into Chilli Bobo. Should be a great game.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hey hey hey! it's Donato's Pizza night for many Tiger Fans! ;-)

BockBock
Waterboy

Post by BockBock »

AWWWWW Donatos!!!!! mmmMmmmmMMMmMmMMMmm!!

BockBock
Waterboy

Post by BockBock »

Hey Tucky did you know that the Kroger in Wheelersburg has Donatos Pizza ready to heat and serve in their Deli? yep sure do......just not the same as eating at the D but I guess if you have a good imagination it may work...lol

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Just did DONATOS on Bridge st. this week. yummy yummy yummy in my tummy,tummy,tummy.

oh this is about the game. close one but have to go with chilly

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know BockBock. It just wouldn't seem the same I would imagine.

I would boycott any Donato's coming to this area as well. Right now, it's always a nice treat when we go that direction or Lexington. Hate to see it just be the same ole' same ole', you know?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton needs to redeem themselves vs Chili. Its gut check time for these Tigers especially the line.

chiefswrestler09
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefswrestler09 »

chilly will win if knights can connect the dots on the grid-iron...
ironton will need to rebound and step it up if they want to compete in the league for the rest of time being this year and years to come.... looking forward to the s.e.o.a.l. to start getting the credit it deserves instead of southeasternohio all together....
but to do so all teams need to step up reguardless of division
good luck to both teams imo i say a close one 24-14 chilly
looking forward to week ten!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Chillicothe in a close game. Ironton needs a passing game coordinator.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironton will look like a different team this week

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Hopefully Ironton learned somethings in their game with Logan. They must make half time adjuatments and learn ho to deal with a moblie qb. Secondly they have leaned that to move the ball you have to be balanced and run and pass. I do know they have a good film available to study if they are so inclined.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think Ironton rebounds this week and wins this one 28-14.

GO TIGERS

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Ironton has never been able to coach a secondary and this year is no different. The athletes are there, the coaching isn't. With the high school game the way it is today, if you can't defend the pass, you can't win.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

If ironton does not defend the pass they could be in for another long night. I am still confused. i thought this staff could adjust at half time. Now are you saying they can not adjust from year to year to year and week to week?

Army
S

Post by Army »

One thing I have noticed this season is, our CAVS continue to improve as each week goes by. Our running game is totally new to some of us. I have seen Chillicothe run the ball more and within multiple formations, than any time that I have been watching them play football. Our CAVS have always have been a passing team and I am sure we will use that to our advantage, I assume that part of our offense we have in our arsenal, will be seen this Friday against Ironton. We have multple receivers, and most likely will spread Ironton out by utilizing a mixed formation against the Fighting Tigers as we have other teams this year. Our defense have been stuffing many teams this year, especially those that run the ball a lot. I was amazed at this years CAV defense verses last years CAV defense. I like our teams chances in this game. We have home field advantage, the threat of Caleb to run, throw, pitch or hand off to the many speedy HB's, the 3 FB's the many Flankers, the WR's, SE's or TE's that we have in our offensive set and our of course our defensive side of the house. One thing I have seen this season verses last season is, a huge three to two FB set once we get in the red zone with a TE swing around to bust a hole or two for either Caleb to slide behind or one of the backs to follow through. Man, the CAVS blew a hole open behind the offensive tackle with the three follow through FB's and TE in the Portsmouth game down close to the end zone wide enough for a mack-truck to drive through with it's trailer hooked up to it. But instead, it was Caleb Knights that came through that hole into the end zone :-D

I know Caleb has hit some big passes this season already, and if Ironton is exposed over the middle, flat or post, that should be a plus for our CAVS. Especially, with the short swing passes to our backs and flankers. The CAV WR's, SE's and TE's could be the bonus in this up-coming game for Chillicothe. I look for a mixture of pass and run by the Blue and White. We will have to wait and see what Coach D puts together. Our CAV Offensive Line needs to keep doing what they have been accomplishing the past few games, protection, busting open holes for our backs and staying focused.

One game at a time CAVS :!: :-D

I am sure their confidence continues to grow with each CAV victory. Our CAVS defense needs to continue to swarm and attack. WOW...I was astonished at what the Defense did against the Trojans last week. Our CAVS pass defense is pretty much doing what they are supposed to be doing, but needs to continue to work on some things. I am really impressed with the team tackling and wrapping up this year, verses the body hits and attempts from last season.

What a year makes, especially with some added Chillicothe Cavalier Alum, who are now, Chillicothe Assistant Coaches that was added to the this years Coaching Staff. :-D

I am also amazed with the multiple backs that our CAVS are gifted with speed this season, man they can run and there are several on our team this year. The special teams is playing a totally different way this year, verses last year too. Our kicking game is an added avantage for our CAVS. Our kicker is a D1 recruit in the future. That's for sure. He is only a Junior this year. He was kicking extra points over Portsmouth's score board Friday night. He hit a 40 yarder the other night against the Portsmouth Trojans. When he kicks off, he is putting the ball deep near the end zone and at times, in the end zone. For sure, the CAVS are steadily improving and I know they are motivated. :-D

With all that stated about the team I support, our CAVS, Ironton is by far, no team to be taken lightly in our beloved SEOAL. Their coach, coach L, will have them ready to play, I and many in Chillicothe are sure of that. Our series with Ironton is tied up. We are 15-15-4. Our CAVS have been playing the Fighting Tigers off and on since 1920. Our history is one with some pretty decent games against the Fighting Tigers from Ironton, but is not a long standing one like the series we have with our old river rivarly concerning the Portsmouth Trojans or the one with our former C.O.L. rivarly we have with that long standing foe, the Zanesville Blue Devils. We have a past with Ironton in their short few years within the C.O.L. during the early 60's, and in these past three years within our SEOAL.

Coach D and his Cavalier Football Staff, will watch Ironton's game tape from last week against Logan with intensity, I am sure, and with the utmost urgency and attention, knowing, they will have to put a serious A Game plan together for this Friday's match-up against Ironton. I am sure the CAV Coaching Staff will have the kids focused on this game and ready to play some Football come Friday Night at the Hernnstein. This should be a great SEOAL game.

Good luck to both teams. May it be one, that is an injury-free played game, and one that is played with outstanding sportsmanship between both respected SEOAL schools.

One game at a time.

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by Army on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

A 3-5-3 defense is the best one to defend the spread with, no loose zone coverage, a blitz package with tight zone or manup coverage. The backers have to take away the 5-10 yard passes, and the corners must defend the flats as tight as possible, no 5-7 yard cushion should be allowed.
As for the up coming game, if the line does their job and the defense steps up I see a narrow Ironton Victory, 24-21.

The D- Backs know that they can bump the reciever all the way down the field, until the pass is thrown don't they?

tl895
Varsity

Re: WK 6 Ironton @ Chillicothe

Post by tl895 »

what a night next friday, a great steak at the Dock then a tiger victory. no more college size teams this year :122246

Return to “Football”