WK 6 Athens at Alexander

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Re: WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Post by ATownWarrior »

i cannot say that i have seen athens play to this point. from what i have heard they are better than their records show. i do believe that if alexander plays at the same level they did against FH (while keeping the turnovers in mind) they should be able to come out of this with a win.

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

ATownWarrior wrote:i cannot say that i have seen athens play to this point. from what i have heard they are better than their records show. i do believe that if alexander plays at the same level they did against FH (while keeping the turnovers in mind) they should be able to come out of this with a win.

They are a little better than there record but from what Ive heard there putter is not very good at all

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Athens is a lil better than their record shows is exactly correct. They play hard...They gave us fits....They are getting better each week to....

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

There putter better step it up or we will block every single put they do

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I would really like to see more fans come out and support Athens as well.....IMO Gallia had more fans than they did at the game and we were the away team....These young men we have playing (no matter what team) deserve all the support a community can give them whether they win or lose...They are making a huuge commitment and giving up alot of their summer and deserve the support...They work hard to put on a show for us on friday's

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

while i do agree with them being committed to the program. its hard for fans to want to come out every week and watch a team they think are just going to lose. though i am sure they are much improved. there is an obvious difference between Athens and Alexander in thesubject of fan support. It seems even though alexander has not had a par 500 season in a long time, the fans still watch. its truly something. either way i think that there will be plenty of athens fans to watch a game that is not that far and a game that the fans think they can win.

GO SPARTANS!!!

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

ATownWarrior wrote:while i do agree with them being committed to the program. its hard for fans to want to come out every week and watch a team they think are just going to lose. though i am sure they are much improved. there is an obvious difference between Athens and Alexander in thesubject of fan support. It seems even though alexander has not had a par 500 season in a long time, the fans still watch. its truly something. either way i think that there will be plenty of athens fans to watch a game that is not that far and a game that the fans think they can win.

GO SPARTANS!!!

that is no excuse for not coming out to support your team....That is an insult to your program especially the young men playing to say "I don't wanna go to the game because they will probably lose" River Valley lost over 40 games in a row and still had a better fan support than Athens....

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

i didnt say it was a good reason, but im sure that is the reason. i completely agree with you. once the young men turn the program around the fans will file back in.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

^^^^^oh Ok...sometimes it takes the fans to come back to get the kids to go out for football....you know...Athens used to be an extremely dominate football program and I can remember going to the games and their was standing room only...I was just really disappointed when I saw that week one....

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Athens has been consistent and is improving. Alexander has not been consistent from week to week. Both teams coming off good wins last week. Throw the W-L records out for this game.

I think the game depends on 1) best defense and 2) which Alexander team shows up to play. Will it be the Spartan team that played vs. Federal Hocking, or the team that played against Trimble/Belpre?

I'll take the home team in a battle.

Good luck to both teams--have a great game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree with most of the comments; the game is a toss-up.

Lawson, Chapman, Hedrick, Moritz ... they all can make plays.

Harris, Tope, Heron, MCollum, Glass - They can also make a lot of plays happen.

Best defense ON FRIDAY wins the game ... or maybe it comes down to special teams .... Or their are always those 'broken zebras' that somehow find their way into southeastern Ohio stadiums. ... At least the weather shouldn't be a factor.

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on both Power 105 and 970 WATH in Athens.

Caleb Troop and Brian Boesch will have the call. You can e-mail the broadcast booth during the game sports@wxtq.com.

For live streaming audio of this game, click here: mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

93Bulldog wrote:Bulldog0909 ... Alex did face a team that enjoys throwing the ball, the Trimble Tomcats in week 2 ... Trimble won 21-7.

But Alexander is sort of an inegma; They win one week, lose the next. Beat Eastern week 1, then lose to Trimble, beat Unioto, lose to Belpre, beat Fed Hock ... "Hopefully lose the the 'Dogs."

Im stilll woried about what happens up front though. You can't throw if your on your back, that is what happened to Torrence (Fed Hock), then Burke, then back to Torrence ... None of the lancers could throw the ball and if they did, it was picked off.

Just got to thinking....If the record of play hold true..The spartans would lose to Athens and beat Nelsonville. I am more apt to think we will get 2 wins in a row and take a loss to Nelsonville. But you just never know... FH was probably pretty sure they was going to beat us and look what happened. I am not holding my breath waiting on us to beat NY though. Good luck to all teams in Athens County on game day

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Gameday! Let's go Spartans!

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

JJ Hale wrote:Gameday! Let's go Spartans!

Lets make this a win for homecoming
Lets win Spartans

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Let's make the doggie's wimper tonight.GO get'em boy's.Knock'em out. :aaaaa91

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I think alex wins by three scores

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Power 105...
End of 1st quarter

Athens 7
Alex 0

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Halftime

Athens 14
Alex 6

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Very disappointing game for the Spartans. Special Teams killed the Spartans all night and a late turnover in the Red Zone seemed to be all Athens needed for some confidence in there D. It looked like some of the other Alex teams in the past when they got down by 2 scores, kinda packed it up and went home. Keep your heads up Spartans you guys are very young and are only going to get better as you mature. I see a lot of good things to come if the Spartans stick together. Congrats on Athens on the win, the score didnt really show how close the game really was.

Athens- 34 Alex-6

Return to “Football”