WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Re: WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Post by Ted Striker »

I like to stir the pot as much as the next guy but this has really escalated quickly. There's a difference between having a little fun on here as opposed to beating a dead horse and publicly disgracing a man's profession and commmunity's reputation.

As far as the game, I see the Spartans in a close one. Haven't seen them play but beating Fed Hock is no easy task.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Any key injuries on both sides :?: I know about Medows.Looking forward to a good game of football.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

alexander spartan seems like the kind of person that if you do NOT respond to his ignorance than he will get bored and stop. he has disgraced the alexander community. 1/10 spartan fans are ignorant. and he is the one.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

great win for the Spartans against fed hock,but i think athens ability to run with tope,and then counter it with a better passing game each week,dont really think Alexander has played a team where they have had to guard the pass as much as the running game....but no doubt about it,Athens can not take this game for granted

and lets just hope they get different refs from last year,they about won the game for alexander last year...lol

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

ATownWarrior wrote:both teams are coming off incredible wins. alex tramples federal hocking for the SPACER. athens wins its first TVC win agains vinton county. Who wins? Im going to throw my prediction out there. Alex wins in a close one and celebrates homecoming. Alex-21 Athens-13

I agree with you I think the Spartans will be ready for this game even if they talk smack during the game ;-) ;-)

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

Ted Striker wrote:I like to stir the pot as much as the next guy but this has really escalated quickly. There's a difference between having a little fun on here as opposed to beating a dead horse and publicly disgracing a man's profession and commmunity's reputation.

As far as the game, I see the Spartans in a close one. Haven't seen them play but beating Fed Hock is no easy task.

A close ya right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Spartanman88 wrote:A close ya right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that English? Can someone from Alexander please decipher this?

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

SEOPreps Disciple wrote:
ATownWarrior wrote:alexander spartan seems like the kind of person that if you do NOT respond to his ignorance than he will get bored and stop. he has disgraced the alexander community. 1/10 spartan fans are ignorant. and he is the one.

I think alexanderspartan seems like most Alexander supporters. He actually reminds me of your former AD: Larry Herges.

i would say what i think of Larry Herges but i enjoy my time on this site and would rather not put my screen name in such jeopardy :evil: :lol:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

ATownWarrior wrote:
Keyser_soze78 wrote:ATownWarrior.....I remember covering that Alexander at Athens game which you mention, it was 13-7 Alexander won with the pass that Nick Bolin caught with like 16 seconds left. The Athens player went for the interception and tipped it and Bolin caught it in stride and was off to the races. But I think it was in 2004 instead of 2005 if my memory serves me correctly.

sorry bro but it was 2005 because my sister graduated in 05. i was a freshman in 05, i just graduated. i actually had to count that out.

not to be argumentative but it was in 04...the game itself that is. that year's senior class was the class of 05 but football is played in the fall. i was a sophomore at Athens that year and i remember that game all too well, but the Bulldogs redeemed themselves the following year at Peden 8)

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

I believe Athens wins this one by at least 2 scores. I think Athens is much better with Tope running like he is. Athens can challenge for the TVC Ohio division.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Brutus8907 wrote:
SEOPreps Disciple wrote:
ATownWarrior wrote:alexander spartan seems like the kind of person that if you do NOT respond to his ignorance than he will get bored and stop. he has disgraced the alexander community. 1/10 spartan fans are ignorant. and he is the one.

I think alexanderspartan seems like most Alexander supporters. He actually reminds me of your former AD: Larry Herges.

i would say what i think of Larry Herges but i enjoy my time on this site and would rather not put my screen name in such jeopardy :evil: :lol:

Lets keep Herges out of this thread,you all are starting to sound like some other idiot we all know who bashes Boston and you dont want to be like that poor little feller do you? Now back to football,Spartans beat them little dogs Friday Night and send them back to the pound with their tails between their legs!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Bulldog0909 ... Alex did face a team that enjoys throwing the ball, the Trimble Tomcats in week 2 ... Trimble won 21-7.

But Alexander is sort of an inegma; They win one week, lose the next. Beat Eastern week 1, then lose to Trimble, beat Unioto, lose to Belpre, beat Fed Hock ... "Hopefully lose the the 'Dogs."

Im stilll woried about what happens up front though. You can't throw if your on your back, that is what happened to Torrence (Fed Hock), then Burke, then back to Torrence ... None of the lancers could throw the ball and if they did, it was picked off.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

Brutus8907 wrote:
ATownWarrior wrote:
Keyser_soze78 wrote:ATownWarrior.....I remember covering that Alexander at Athens game which you mention, it was 13-7 Alexander won with the pass that Nick Bolin caught with like 16 seconds left. The Athens player went for the interception and tipped it and Bolin caught it in stride and was off to the races. But I think it was in 2004 instead of 2005 if my memory serves me correctly.

sorry bro but it was 2005 because my sister graduated in 05. i was a freshman in 05, i just graduated. i actually had to count that out.

not to be argumentative but it was in 04...the game itself that is. that year's senior class was the class of 05 but football is played in the fall. i was a sophomore at Athens that year and i remember that game all too well, but the Bulldogs redeemed themselves the following year at Peden 8)

Yes i never thought about that. thouche my friend. but yes athens very much did redeem themselves the next year.

i agree with keeping hurges out of the topic. he is out of the program and most everyone is happy. just cause he's your AD doesnt mean you support him. he is the 1 out of the next 10. so lets stick to the game.

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

I think that alexanderspartan must have dreams about Coach Boston every night.
I can't believe you would trash a Coach who has been the only one in your school's history to win a league title.... More than ONE in fact!!! I also thought you would like to know that he is the AD/Football Coach at NY a school that your team has NEVER beaten in it's 40 plus years of existance.... Maybe you should have kept Boston and then the only thing that would be shattered is your DREAMS!!!!

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

SEOPreps Disciple wrote:

I think alexanderspartan seems like most Alexander supporters.

EDIT: I edited the name of a school official from this post as per the warning associated with the post. Newbie poster, so some slack is warranted but I will send a PM.

Not sure how you can see most Alexander supporters acting like alexanderspartan.... This poster has to be the most ignorant individual that has ever posted on here. They are a disgrace to the Alexander community for the remarks they have posted. I really can't believe that you think we are all like he or she is. You should look back at the post that most Alex supporters have posted and you will see that they are more of us trying to get alexanderspartan to shut his or her mouth then not. I hope you will check out other post and change your mind about the rest of us. Proud to be a Spartan supporter but SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO not proud of a fellow spartan.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Not sure how you can see most Alexander supporters acting like alexanderspartan

Not everyone sees it like that. I am an avid NY fan and know a lot of people at Alex. This is one person. I am sure there are others but I figure 95% of the people in that community are not like this one. Good luck and no injuries this friday.

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

Thank you AmosMoses. That makes me feel better that someone sees there are good people at Alex. I am ashamed of what alexanderspartan as said one here and hope there are many people who feel like you do about the rest of us. I am a true Alex fan but I like to see our area teams do well and stay healthy....

Good luck to the spartans on Friday night against Athens. Play with heart and do your best. We will support you all the way.

Spartanman88
Waterboy

Post by Spartanman88 »

buckeyeguy wrote:I WILL TAKE ATHENS IN THIS ONE.... ENJOY THE GAME SPARTANS BECAUSE NEXT WEEK YOUR IN LINE FOR YOUR YEARLY SPANKIN :oops: :-D :122245 :lol:

We will be ready for you guys so that means your guys will be getting your yearly spankin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”