WK 6 Athens at Alexander

nybucksmom
JV Team

Re: WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Post by nybucksmom »

To all of you tired of reading the stupidity on these threads, please PM a moderator. They will do something...I know this. Ever notice some posts missing? That's the moderators removing them due to complaints. The only way anything will get done is if you say something...so do it! DiamondD1 is right on the money with his/her post.

Good luck to both teams on Friday! :-D

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After watching the Alex-fed Hock game friday, Athens better come to play up front or they might end up on the wrong end of the stick. Federal Hocking seemed to control the line of scrimmage Vs Athens and the Alex D-line really did a number on the Lancer offense.

If Athens gets in the right mind set and plays hard for four quarters, im guessing the game could go either way.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

while it is nice to get on here and read about people picking alex based on how they played against FH. in all honesty FH shot themselves in the foot. and alex wasnt exactly able to capitalize on every one of their turnovers either.

i agree with everyone agreeing with diamond. i have tryed to get alexander spartan to stop, but without success. being that majority of it starts with him. i am 18 years old but i do not feel like i fit into the category of which you are speeking of.

i kinda got lost reading about your streaks. i will say that the last time alex beat athens was 2005 when we (we as in alexander. i say we cause i was a freshman that game.) threw a deep ball at the last minute and nick bolin mysteriously came up with it for the miraculous win. i still like alex in this game, as long as the defense keeps up the same intensity.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

This should be a a good game. I would have to go with the ALEX in this one due to the play of Soph. QB Chapman. By him playing well this opens up the running game with Lawson carrying the load. Arno does a good job and will have his boys ready to play. Athens and tope will be ready to play but I think Alex will prevail in the end. Well being a Trimble fan this is how we would like it to play out for computer points anyway.

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

I believe someone saw the Alex game as it was. Atown seen it is as I and am sure the coaches did during film review.
And alex won it fair and square. They caused turnovers and were able to capitalize them and FH blunders enough to win.
But Alex did not win the line of scrimmage, although they did play well and I believe they are hardnosed and
talented enough to control Athens. Couple that with Lawson in the backfield and the threat that Chapman
and Hedrick add, Athens will have all they want.
Alex by a TD.

DIAMONDD1- Thanks for your post. I think all responsible posters should and do keep their post out of a persons
personal life and if there is a criticism it is a professionally related to the athletic nature.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ATownWarrior.....I remember covering that Alexander at Athens game which you mention, it was 13-7 Alexander won with the pass that Nick Bolin caught with like 16 seconds left. The Athens player went for the interception and tipped it and Bolin caught it in stride and was off to the races. But I think it was in 2004 instead of 2005 if my memory serves me correctly.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i like atown in this 1 :122245

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Athens all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

alexanderspartan wrote:
Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:The Bulldogs finally have a victory, and the Spartans have no chance. Coach Adams isn't great, but he's better than Arno.

Roof! Roof!

I disagree, but at least Adams isn't a janitor like a certain coach/AD in the county. Still, I'm going with the Spartans, the best team in the county!

I'll take the high road in knowing that there are much more classy people from both communities than the above two portray. :oops:

Like Coach Skinner said, this should be a great night for football in Athens County Friday. I think the Spartans come away with a close win.

Best of luck to both teams.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

There are two things I want.

An Spartan victory and an injury free game.

I picking Alex in this one, but they have to play within themselves and stay focued every play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Federal Hocking definitly 'shot themselves in the foot' last Friday; but, the Alexander D-line and head coach deserve some of that credit. After the game both coaches said "The Spartan defensive line did a nice job of shooting the gaps and caused some havoc in the backfield."

For three straight games, Athens, Fort frye, St. Peter Chanel the Lancers strength was the linemen up front and Wilder and Burke able to hit the hole and gain yardage. Verse Alex, their was no hole, only black & red jerseys.

If Alexander is able to penetrate the gaps that well against Athens, they will have to find themselves a different game plan than the one coach Green had for the Lancers. I believe in Ryan enough to know that he has already started a gameplan that will give Athens the best chance to win.

But no matter what happens during the week and on Friday night, nothing can prepare you for X-factors (weather, turnover, injuries) and Alexnader has a big X factor that lines up under center ... #16! For a soph, Chapman is a tremendous athlete and has some of nicest thrown balls ive seen all year. Scrambling, throwing, leadership shown on the field, etc..etc... he's got it all and Athens will have to contend with that; maybe look over the Belpre game tape is what I would say to Adams. But even that is no guarantee, I just wouldn't look at the FH tape only that's for sure.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Brutus8907....Actually, it was 2003 when Gregory, Hewitt, etc. were seniors and enjoyed a winning streak as you mentioned. I was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to cover that group regularly between 2001 and 2003.

my bad, they graduated in 04 so i often make that mistake. i was a freshman that year and missed it terribly throughout the rest of my time at AHS :oops:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

SEOPreps Disciple wrote:Alexander will fumble this one away. Athens is on a roll. I would not be surprised to see Athens get a share of the title this season.

oh, i think the bulldogs and bulldog faithful appreciate that but i think that may be a little premature for title talk coming to The Plains. they've already lost to Meigs who will most likely battle with Nelsonville for a share of the title. athens might pull off wins in the next two weeks (alex, wellston) but the dogs close out the last 3 weeks of the season with 2 tough road games at NY and Belpre. yes the dogs are playing very well but it'll be a few years yet before they battle for the title (the freshmen are undefeated so far this year, maybe they'll be the first).

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I WILL TAKE ATHENS IN THIS ONE.... ENJOY THE GAME SPARTANS BECAUSE NEXT WEEK YOUR IN LINE FOR YOUR YEARLY SPANKIN :oops: :-D :122245 :lol:

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:ATownWarrior.....I remember covering that Alexander at Athens game which you mention, it was 13-7 Alexander won with the pass that Nick Bolin caught with like 16 seconds left. The Athens player went for the interception and tipped it and Bolin caught it in stride and was off to the races. But I think it was in 2004 instead of 2005 if my memory serves me correctly.

sorry bro but it was 2005 because my sister graduated in 05. i was a freshman in 05, i just graduated. i actually had to count that out.

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

I see alexanderspartan is still on the site whining about Boston... you must have been one of those D1 prospects in high school that he benched.. if I had to bet I waould say that you never put the uniform on but you think you know everything about the game... Your dream of playing for Boston was shatered and you still can't live with it

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

diamondD1...well done.

Best of luck to both teams. I think the Bulldogs win this very close game.

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

buckeyeguy wrote:I WILL TAKE ATHENS IN THIS ONE.... ENJOY THE GAME SPARTANS BECAUSE NEXT WEEK YOUR IN LINE FOR YOUR YEARLY SPANKIN :oops: :-D :122245 :lol:

Hey, buckeyegay, why do you have to be such a jerk on here? Anyway, I look for the Spartans to take this one as just a warm up for next weeks game against the janitors, or I mean, Buckeyes.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

I look for this to be a tough game. I hope both teams play hard and stay injury free. I am going to cheering on my Spartans.

I would like to apologize for the ignorant remarks made by alexanderspartan... Please know that most people from Alex would not act like this person.

Alexanderspartan-----I would guess that you are either in college somewhere or doing nothing since your graduation. There are many people in the REAL world that starts out being a janitor. There is nothing wrong with it!!!! Coach Boston might be a janitor but who cares. ONLY YOU!!!! This man knows his football and had done great work over the years at Alex and NY. Give it a break. You are really making the Alexander community look bad with the remarks you post on here. I feel sorry for you in a way, you must not have had a very good childhood. You have so much anger in you and I know that everyone on here is sick of hearing your trash talking. Give it a break would you. No matter how much trash talking you do, chances are very high that we are still going to come out with at L at NY. Leave Coach Boston alone. Someday you will have to get a job and then we will see what you have to say about a janitors position. You are no better then anyone else and its great that you are a spartan fan but you have become a disgrace to the community with your remarks. Please stop the crap. I will be reporting the next nasty post I come across. Giving you one more chance,(for what reason I don't know) to get your sh** together. You should really apologize to the posters on here too. Hatred is awful.

Return to “Football”