WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I must disagree. Nobody expects the Blue Devils to win again this year, from what I have been reading on here. I think they will play loose and relaxed, and maybe, just maybe pull one off. :roll:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Well may I ask, when will you win again !!!!and have a winning season?

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

2old wrote:Witness,

Everyone knows i do not like to pick on a poster in his or her first stab at posting( i usually wait until the second) however in your case I am going to forget my benevolent self and help you out from the beginning.

You complain about some of ther banter on this topic. Now let us examine your "insightful post"

1. It has been said countless times on this thread many people look forward to the Gallia -Jackson game. Try to look for original thought.
2. It has been previously stated that it could be a long night and that Gallia has injuries.
3. You get points for saying mem. Stadium is Magical. Kind of sounds like Disney World to me.
4. You admit you don't know much about Jackson. Heck don't let that stop you. It does not bother anyone else on this forum.
5.Yes I think injury free has been noted more than let us say the scheduling situation.

The point being you come in here and gripe yet bring nothing new to the table. Now if you had come in and "played nice" and not complained I would not have pointed out the vanilla flavor of your post. But if you can't add anything to the discussion post away, but don't complain.

Now play nice.

You are a sad and pathetic individual. You are also arrogant like no other on this board. I'm going to call your sorry rearend out every time I see something stupid like this posted. :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

2OLD HAS WRITTEN-----Go Chiefs

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

they will win at least 1 more time, won't they daddy??????????????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122249 :122249 :122249 :122248

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

HEY SuperBlue and Old School, I know who both of you are. I can get all 3 of us to meet up. Maybe the jesters know more than you give em credit for! :-D

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Why is there pressure on the GA coaching staff? There is always pressure on coaches.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In Gallia's defense....in 1989 that Jackson team had a great deal of talent....it's just taht the majority of it was 1st year varsity players or sophomores who started as freshmen...very early in the Blackstone era.....just getting them going...great offensive and defensive lines and good skill players...were just very, very young that season.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Gee guys,

i thought i had stumbled onto an Ironton thread. Never read so much history. Trust me get off this history kick before you Play Ironton. They will love to tell you how they used to do it.

The question is: Is the Red going to man up and take care of business this year?

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

gallia and jackson this should be a great game..

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

2old,

Taking care of business so far. Let's hope that continues on Friday night.

Ironman92,

You're right. A lot of good, young talent on that team. I watched a few games in 1990 and 1991 when Mike was playing, but I don't remember them very well. I have had a chance to watch some film of those teams, but that has been a long time ago as well. I pretty much just have to go on what other people have told me.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would tell you but 2old is nearby and his history radar would sound off and chastise us......I just can't handle that....maybe some other time.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

lol...sounds good.

Are you making the trip to Gallipolis on Friday?

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

ocho stinko wrote:Apple Festival is going on right now. I have had two large bucket of fries, two steak sandwiches with onions, peppers, and cheese. Tonite I am getting mushrooms and deep fried oreos. On Thursday I am getting an extra large cinamonn roll before work. I don't know if I will make it Friday. I will probably be drinking pepto bismol all evening. I hope the players aren;t eating like me, or we will be in trouble. :122246 Somewhere in there I will get an apple dumpling with ice cream. Go Ironmen!

That is awesome....I have yet to miss one....Thanks for the info Good Luck Friday...Be another good game..

familyofthreeboys
Waterboy

Post by familyofthreeboys »

TIGERS90 wrote:Is either of Galipolis's QB's back...hope they are doing good

Yes, Moore has been practicing this week. Wandling has returned to school.

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

2old wrote:Gee guys,

i thought i had stumbled onto an Ironton thread. Never read so much history. Trust me get off this history kick before you Play Ironton. They will love to tell you how they used to do it.

The question is: Is the Red going to man up and take care of business this year?

does it ever stop :lol: :lol: :lol:

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

superblue wrote:BDF said "not mad at you at all superblue...I agree fully with the points comments.. i get off track somewhat I will admit....LOL See ya at the gme friday."" Have to admit when you first started posting I kind of thought you & I might not get along..... But will admit I probably misjudged you alittle......LOL Enjoy reading your posts. Don't always agree but that is what friendly open discussion should be...... Maybe we will meet this week.. I hang out at the North end of Mem. Sort of come & go.... 4ever knows me, he may not admit it sometimes.... LOL

will be good...I will definately intrduce myself...I know alot of people at the games...I will definately stop by and say hi...will get more info between now and game time..I know alot of people in this area...

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

What is it about the Gallia Jackson game where anything unforseen usually always happens....I mean One team heavily favored and ends up getting beat...that has happened both ways....Acrobatic catches to keep drives alive late in the 4th when you are down...Have seen alot of big plays and and awesome display of defense in this game... I mean if you have watched this game just in the past year you have seen just about everything that could happen to either team happen...LOL That my friends is why I love High School Football so much...It is never dull.....Can't wait till Friday.....

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

by the way superblue...lost another 5 pounds....diet is going good..

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Ironman02 -
After considering my post for a day or two, I have to apologize to you. You are a legend. I am not. Me calling you out is like that guy from the Wizards calling out LeBron James in the playoffs last year. Not a smart move. I shouldn't have done it. You went to school with my nephew, think he was in some math classes with you. So I was kind of just busting your chops actually. I always heard you were a fine citizen. I'm considering going to the game Friday. I am a fan of the bands too. So maybe I'll try and find you in the end zone during the third quarter, introduce myself, and we can discuss how each band approached halftime.

But one thing is for sure - 2old is no Ironman02. If Ironman02 is LeBron James, then 2old is Mark Madsen. I can't remember seeing I-02 ever boast about shreading somebody to ribbons. He is a classy man.

Choosing between 95, 03 and 04 is tough as far as heartbreakers go. I think I would have to pick 04 though. Had the best QB maybe in school history in his senior year going against a freshman making his first start, even if it was Jeff Golden. We were supposed to romp all over Gallia after beating Logan. Gallia was supposed to be down. We were supposed to go 10-0 in our first season in Alumni Stadium. We were supposed to have a home playoff game. Then we fumbled 5 times. I'll never forget seeing the Gallia guys start celebrating after the last fumble. I kept thinking, 'no way, no way that just happened.' Then the Gallia fans errupt as the ref points for a first down in their direction. Everything was ruined in that moment. The longer that game was close, the more nervouse I got. Losing to Marietta the next week made it worse. Gallia and Logan, our two biggest rivals, share the league when we had the league MVP.

Maybe I'm a glass-half-empty kind of guy, but when I think of 2004, I think about the blown league title before I think about the thrilling Withrow win.

Return to “Football”