WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-1)

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: WK 5 Jackson (4-0, 1-0) @ Gallia Academy (2-2, 0-0)

Post by loganlocos »

Ironman92 wrote:My favorite post of all-time was when bb69 said that when all was said and done Jayme Haggerty would have 3 times the athletic career of Jared Humphreys.

awesome

We still joke about that one at our house too.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

Don't force me to be harsh. As i said it does not matter who Gallia schedules this year. Every game has been and will be a challenge for the Blue.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Because i point out the faulty thinking of posters mainly and leave kids alone. The only time I call out a kid is concerning an above average performance.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

gahs4ever wrote:
2old wrote:That is a part of the path. But you end your series with good teams and continue to play weaker teams. I am speaking of the path that in recent years include PT., Meigs, VC, this year Athens, and Wellston. That path is way too easy.

You blame us for series with Burg and Sheridan ending after their two year contracts. Are you sure it was us who did this? You blame us for playing Meigs but it was they who got tired of that streak and ended a long, tradition-laden series several years ago. We havent played Meigs since 2005, or three years ago. they dropped us to schedule DOWN and add either Coal Grove or Oak Hill; I forget which one.

Apparently you live in the world of yesteryear when GAHS was more comparable to Logan in size and not the DIV school we are today with fewer than 250 boys. For a DIV school, the only others I know who play a comparable schedule of larger schools are other SEOAL schools, Portsmouth and Ironton. What other DIV plays DII Marietta, DII Zanesville, DII Logan, DII Jackson, or DIII Chillicothe? Then add in some of the others we have played like Burg and Sheridan and how many more games do we have to play against larger schools before we meet the 2old seal of approval? Even mighty Ohio State plays the MAC schools and Youngstown States of the world.

If we were still DIII or DII, and especially if we were located more centrally as Logan is on 33 less than an hour from Columbus, I too would be an advocate of playing the schools you schedule; especially if we had the talent level to compete with them. This year we arent in the same solar system as schools like Logan, so why is it so far fetched that we play an Athens or Wellston every once in awhile? Or maybe you think our kids deserve a beatdown like they've taken the last two weeks EVERY week for ten weeks?

I have no idea what our kids learned about themselves the past two weeks other than the knowledge that they can take a hit and keep getting up for more. I think that is called character.

I AGREE WITH 4 EVER. IT'S EASY FOR 2 OLD TO MAKE THE STATEMENTS HE DOES WITH A STRONG PROGRAM , ETC IN PLACE--- BUT TURN THE TABLES AROUND AND THE STORY WOULD BE SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT .

BACK TO OUR TOPIC--- I AM GETTING ANXIOUS FOR AN EXCITING MATCHUP THIS FRIDAY NITE !! GO BLUE!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

superblue,

I'm doing fine. How about yourself?

I'll be making the trip down to Gallipolis on Friday. The Gallia Academy game is one that I never miss.

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Yet Logan lost in the first round of the playoffs. It should be clear on why i seek improvement in the level of play in this conference.

This is a strange country. i am rooting for the opponents of the team i support to get BETTER and the supporters of those TEAMS think i am a bad guy. While you are at it explain that one to me.

I dont know how much of a difference the other teams in the League effect a teams playoff run... Jackson has made it to the second round in 03 , and 04 and i believe we were a very small d2 at the time.... I mean i know the level of competition has something to do with it but look at Olympic athletes that train for years by themselves just to compete in one event.. my point is that i feel hard work in the off season... in practice..and in the weight room will make a bigger difference
Last edited by Ironman61 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Have a safe trip.....02 4ever hangs out around the North endzone....... I kind of come & go....... It would a pleasure to meet up.....Maybe it can Happen....

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I61,

I can see your point and i think it is the prevailing(although I maintain incorrect)point in SE Ohio. Jackson had Jared Humphries those years. My position is not to wait until the next Jared humphries comes along and be prepared through challenges during the season.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

fun in the sun

thxs. doing better as long as i don't move any faster than my shoulder wants me to.

is there a game tonight at the field??????

I need to get out of the house,but not allowed to drive due to medication.

good luck friday blue

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Speaking of streaks, younger Jackson fans don't remember when the Ironmen held an 11-year jinx over the Blue Devils.

From 1936 until 1947, Gallipolis wint winless against the Ironmen. The 1947 Blue Devil champs broke the streak with a 33-7 win in the rain and mud on old Academy Field where the current high school rests.

Jackson's streak included eight wins and three ties, six shutouts, and two come-from behind 13-12 wins.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

2 old how about you just stay in your threads and stay out of Gallia threads....Noone wants to hear your ignorance....4ever has told you straight up facts and you are either blind or ignorant...I think both but hey it is just my opinion. The Logan game is over... We now have to play Jackson, and that is what this thread is about..Not scheduling not how good Logan is (the will get beat this weekend by the way) or anything else but the Jackson game. Good luck Blue and Good Job 4ever.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

loyaldevilfan wrote:not how good Logan is (the will get beat this weekend by the way) or anything else but the Jackson game.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Why bring up Logan and their game if this thread is for Jackson/Gallipolis only?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Locos & 2old are always welcome on the GAHS threads........ They speak the truth... I know you don't like to hear it but that's the way I see it..... Plus if it wasn't for 2old & locos these threads would be mighty boring.......

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Gallia has to be able to stop the run, something they couldn't do much of against Ironton. Jackson seemed to have the athletes to pass (good line, strong armed qb, decent receivers) , but when Portsmouth forced them to air they never seemed comfortable. When they dead set on running it though, we couldn't stop Huff.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Cody Huff is a darn nice running back with good balance and vision, and he runs extremely hard. Jackson's front line on both sides of the ball are strong an athletic, not big and slow like some of the past years.

Ryan Hughes is John Leonard all over again for the red and white. I got to see Jackson at Wellston and they manhandled Wellston all night long. NOW, with that said, it's hard to tell just how good Wellston is. They are 0-4 with close losses to Nelsonville-York, Minford, and Waverly and a blow out with Jackson. All 4 of those teams are supposed to be among the top 3 in their respective leagues.

I saw Gallia Academy on Friday, and they need to get healthy to win this football game. The Blue Devils must be better against the run OR hope for Jackson turnovers to defeat the Ironmen.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

During the run with Jared Humphreys....yes it did help to indeed have Jared Humphreys......that being said Jackson defeated Withrow the #1 team in all of D2...at their proximity and they had their Jared Humphreys in Donte Love........it was the other players that helped decide that particular game. Our player of decade was cancelled out by their player of their decade....a guy that will likely be playing on Sundays either next year or the year after. Jackson had a great deal of great players during that time.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

superblue wrote:Locos & 2old are always welcome on the GAHS threads........ They speak the truth... I know you don't like to hear it but that's the way I see it..... Plus if it wasn't for 2old & locos these threads would be mighty boring.......

YES , THEY BOTH ARE QUITE KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT THE SPORT AND CERTAINLY ADD COVERSATION TO THE SITE.

I JUST HAVE CONCERNS WITH 2OLD BREAKING HIS ARMS PATTING HIMSELF ON THE BACK ALL THE TIME.

I NOTICED A THREAD ON LOGAN THE OTHER DAY--- NOT ONE COMMENT ON IT FROM 2OLD... IT SEEMS HE KNOWS MORE ABOUT BLUE DEVIL FOOTBALL (AND IRONTON) (AND JACKSON ) (AND ...) THAN WE DO...
ANYWAY - ITS ENTERTAINING....
YES - I'M A RELATIVELY NEW POSTER... BUT I BEEN WATCHIN' A LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG TIME ...... GO BLUE !!

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

GAHS WILL HAVE TO STEP UP RUN DEFENSE TO HAVE CHANCE TO WIN THIS GAME. SPECIAL TEAMS MAY PLAY A ROLE IN THIS ONE. DESIRE TO WIN WILL BE IN FAVOR OF THE DEVILS- THEY HAVE BEEN POUNDED THE LAST 2 WEEKS . JACKSON HAS YET TO PLAY TEAMS OF THE SAME CALIBER. IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THEY HAVE A REAL TALENTED FOOTBALL TEAM THIS YEAR AND IT WILL MAKE FOR A REAL COMPETITIVE GAME . GALLIA WILL BE GLAD TO PLAY AT HOME WITH A LARGE DEVIL-ROOTING CROWD. I SEE IT AS A REAL CLOSE GAME.
GO BLUE !

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

One thing is for sure, no matter how banged up Gallia Academy is they will be ready to play. Hopefully, the Ironmen can make it 2 in row! It will be a great game and as always when these two teams hook up, a great atmosphere!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's pretty weak to hide behind screen names^^^^^ lol

Welcome JJ

Return to “Football”