River Valley 14 @ Eastern 0 Final

madpolecat
All State

Re: Wk 4 - River Valley @ Eastern

Post by madpolecat »

Sometimes, I find my self just typing, and I just can't help myself.

It's that darned KURU!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

theassassin wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Is Charla Evans related to the famous Bob Evans?

i don't know... maybe through marriage?

I just didn't know if a particular family ran things around there like major families do around here :122249
Are there any of Bob Evans' relatives around those parts?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Didn't mean anything nasty by it. Don't get feisty.
I know you Gallians seem to be a very moral people.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Really tired of hearing the Gallia county crap.You should of passed some school levies and you could still be beating the crap out of each other!!!!!!!!!!

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

BACK to the game,Eagles O leaves a lot to be desired.Still enough play makers to beat RV.Eastern20 rv12. ps to the sultan of swat the jv's would probably take on you,your wife,brother inlaw or whatever that garbage you were talking the last Friday night.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

Good luck R.V. Hope this is an injury free game...will take R.V. by 10

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

I have know Tyler since Youth football and is great young adult and has full support of both mon and dad. There must be a really good reason for dad to let him quit once he started.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

River Valley 33 Eastern13 RV line too much for eastern to handle

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

superfresh,
What's the sizes between the two lines?

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

If the rain is here and there is a wet, soggy, slippery field . This works in Eastern's favor and can ground RV's passing attack. Eastern by at least 12 at home. Good luck from the Warrior Nation. :12224

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I know a lot is expected out of Eastern with the coaching staff they have put together. Last year the talk was this is the best staff to ever coach there. Frankly, I expected them to be farther along than they are right now. The schedule is kind to them this year. Let's hope the coaching staff can take advantage of it. I have heard some great things about the head coach and his leadership. This week they are facing a new coach, so that gives them an advantage IMO.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

If Dr. Evans has a "crowned jewel" it's SG not RV. When those schools were consolidated, that was the plan from the very beginning to open SG as a high school. I do agree to some extent, those students in that end of the county was going to have a long way to travel in order to stay within the county system, and that was fine until it came time to build the new school. Why couldn't we have picked a more central location? that would have solved the problem of building 2 new schools in the county. Let the ones that wanted go to GAHS, or Fairland, and the rest to the one county school. The reason we have 2 is Dr. Evans, and the people in that end of the county. They are only concerned about what benefits THEM, not the whole county. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good people in that end of the county, and there are a lot of them have the same opinion as I do, however it only takes one REBEL, to spoil the whole pot. I think the students from both schools get along real well, even they see the benefit of them all going to same school. As far as who would win the match-up? Just depends on which team shows up to play, and which one doesn't, I would bet though with all the hype about it, it wouldn't be a game you would want to miss!!! Good luck Raiders with the Eagles, I'll be there cheering you on!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

^^^^^^^^^ RVFAN, I am one of "those people on that end of the county" and I went all 4 of my high school years at RV. Trust me, it isn't fun being on a bus 2 hours or more each way everyday. I am proud to be a Raider alum but if SG was opened while I was in school, you can be certain that I would have bolted to Mercerville. While I went to RV, everyone stayed in their own little school "cliques" and it stayed like that until I graduated. The only students who talked to students from other schools were the ones who played sports. And the ones who did play sports were hated by the others who didn't because they were jealous. I always thought that athletes were looked up to in high school until I played and realized that it's not true. I made a lot of friends at RV while I was there but I also lost some when the schools consolidated and they went to Fairland or GA. As for you saying we only care about what benefits us, what do you mean? What makes you think SG folks don't think the same about RV? As for us being Charla Evans' crown jewel, it's very public knowledge that she has NO interest for SG whatsoever.

sportsgoofy
Waterboy

Post by sportsgoofy »

Lets get back to the topic!! Hate to hear it about Tyler, we're going to miss him. Was a major factor on the team and a good leader. Eagles by 7!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

friday_nite_fan wrote:^^^^^^^^^ RVFAN, I am one of "those people on that end of the county" and I went all 4 of my high school years at RV. Trust me, it isn't fun being on a bus 2 hours or more each way everyday. I am proud to be a Raider alum but if SG was opened while I was in school, you can be certain that I would have bolted to Mercerville. While I went to RV, everyone stayed in their own little school "cliques" and it stayed like that until I graduated. The only students who talked to students from other schools were the ones who played sports. And the ones who did play sports were hated by the others who didn't because they were jealous. I always thought that athletes were looked up to in high school until I played and realized that it's not true. I made a lot of friends at RV while I was there but I also lost some when the schools consolidated and they went to Fairland or GA.

I attended River Valley for 4 years as well, and rode the busses for an hour and a half each way. The bus ride wasn't ideal and I mostly hated it or took the chance to sleep. I likely attended RV at the same time as you, and don't find the
"While I went to RV, everyone stayed in their own little school "cliques" and it stayed like that until I graduated. The only students who talked to students from other schools were the ones who played sports. And the ones who did play sports were hated by the others who didn't because they were jealous."
to be particularly true.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

[/quote]

I attended River Valley for 4 years as well, and rode the busses for an hour and a half each way. The bus ride wasn't ideal and I mostly hated it or took the chance to sleep. I likely attended RV at the same time as you, and don't find the
"While I went to RV, everyone stayed in their own little school "cliques" and it stayed like that until I graduated. The only students who talked to students from other schools were the ones who played sports. And the ones who did play sports were hated by the others who didn't because they were jealous."
to be particularly true.[/quote]

I haven't found this to be true either. Have taught/coached there for 8 years and had two kids graduate from RV. Both made friends from all other elementary's coming into RV.

I will not comment on the crown jewel statement. Guess those in SG area have their opinion just as those in RV area have theirs.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Any score yet?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Final score yet?

renob
Freshman Team