River Valley 14 @ Eastern 0 Final

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: Wk 4 - River Valley @ Eastern

Post by Rvfan »

I don't understand you people sometimes. How can we reply to post, and then discuss something that doesn't even have anything to do with what the post was about? The post, since some of you must have forgotten, was about RV, and Eastern, not RV,an SG. As for the RV and Eastern, I look for RV to pick up a much needed win here. BUT, if they don't come to play 4 quarters of football, like they HAVEN'T done the past 3 weeks, then Eastern can get the win. I have seen RV play all 3 weeks, and they have played with every team, the first half. Even Meigs, although they were down 30-13 at half, they still were in the game. Coach McLelland and staff needs to find something to do at half-time to get them charged up to come out the second half and play ball.
As a footnote, The reason for there not being a RV SG game IS the administration. She knows that there ais no love lost between the two and is afraid of what might happen if this game was played. I'm talking from the fans, not the players.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

RVFAN wrote:

she knows that there ais no love lost between the two and is afraid of what might happen if this game was played.

Has it gotten that bad in Gallia County? As I remember, in the years prior to consolidation, the Gallia Co. teams played good, hard-fought games. It wasn't as if fights broke out all the time or anything like that.

It was said to me -- by a coaching colleague at the time -- that nobody wanted to see the superintendent's crown jewel (RV) shown up in such a game.
Last edited by madpolecat on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

Just getting rid of her would be nice, but that wouldn't solve the problem.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:lol:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

RVFAN wrote:I don't understand you people sometimes. How can we reply to post, and then discuss something that doesn't even have anything to do with what the post was about? The post, since some of you must have forgotten, was about RV, and Eastern, not RV,an SG. As for the RV and Eastern, I look for RV to pick up a much needed win here. BUT, if they don't come to play 4 quarters of football, like they HAVEN'T done the past 3 weeks, then Eastern can get the win. I have seen RV play all 3 weeks, and they have played with every team, the first half. Even Meigs, although they were down 30-13 at half, they still were in the game. Coach McLelland and staff needs to find something to do at half-time to get them charged up to come out the second half and play ball.
As a footnote, The reason for there not being a RV SG game IS the administration. She knows that there ais no love lost between the two and is afraid of what might happen if this game was played. I'm talking from the fans, not the players.

i'll have to agree with karl on this one. the jr hi teams continued to play against each other for several years but high schools could not? minus the crown jewel comment.
Last edited by theassassin on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

theassassin has been stricken with the KURU

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I don't know about that. You should see pics of him with hair in his high school days.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

VAUGHN:

Isn't your catcher's ex-wife a librarian?

By the way, I look very sexy with my hair up in a bun...

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

back in the day didn't the 4 county schools all play each other?? I don't think that GAHS ever played them until they became RV, then South Gallia was left by their lonesome at the other end of the county. They don't play each other b/c of the administration, but if you think about it, it doesn't make sense..They are all about saving money and the bus trips won't be far..but it will never happen

anyways good luck RV bring a win back to gallia co.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Rev. Jim sounds like an ex-coach who was ran off by SG or even RV. He may be the greatest football mind I have ever heard. If only he could be the coach of one of these teams, I'm sure he could lead them to the promised land. He really is a legend in his own mind.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Why can't everyone get along?
Last edited by boogerred on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

:lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Is Charla Evans related to the famous Bob Evans?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I know that at least one coach was "run off" from RV last year...

As far as SG, I think three resigned from last year's staff.

Of course, the on-going difference of opinion between the SG head coach and myself made it a "time to move on" resignation for me. By the time coach Burleson had gotten around to telling me personally (and I had to call him... he had sent word with my brother that we needed to "schedule a meeting"), I had e-mailed my resignation to the SG athletic director.

I know that RAT has mentioned loyalty and called me a "clown with my own agenda," but I will argue to the death that I would rather be unemployed because I defended my views rather than sat cozy in compliance. Anybody who knows me at all knows that I will stand up for what I think is the right way of doing things.

Justy (his program, his call -- fair enough) didn't want me around anymore and God's honest truth, I had openly told him that I was looking for other coaching jobs.

the REV was NOT run off from anywhere except maybe the Chinese Buffet for eating too much...

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I resigned after Dan left and John decided on going to Oak Hill.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

We all know who the Rev. is, and why he has his problems with both programs. If only I had the knowledge of the Rev. all would well. I didn't say anything about you Karl why are you coming back and explaining things to me I alredy know about??????
Last edited by rat on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Post by revjimjones »

Can you catch MRSA from a rat?

rebel_gurl09
Riding the Bench

Post by rebel_gurl09 »

good luck raiders from the rebel side of the county!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

fuzzhead wrote:Is Charla Evans related to the famous Bob Evans?

i don't know... maybe through marriage?

Return to “Football”