Nelsonville-York 34 vs. Welston 28 (2OT) Final

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York 34 vs. Welston 28 (2OT) Final

Post by alexanderspartan »

It took 2 overtimes to beat a team that was 0-10 last year? :lol: :lol: Oh excuse me, I guess they were 1-9 with the win they had over York last year. Still, how pathetic is Nelsonville this year? Can't wait until we destroy them in week 7!

btrain_7
Waterboy

Post by btrain_7 »

lol...You are kidding me right????....There is no way Alexander even stands a chance against Nelsonville. I mean they cant even beat Belpre....lol...anyways...I dont see Alexander even winning 1 League game this year...as usual :122245

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: alexanderspartan you should try comedy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not football it aint for u :lol: :lol: :lol: GO BUCKS GREAT WIN

RocketAtHeart
Waterboy

Post by RocketAtHeart »

btrain_7 wrote:lol...You are kidding me right????....There is no way Alexander even stands a chance against Nelsonville. I mean they cant even beat Belpre....lol...anyways...I dont see Alexander even winning 1 League game this year...as usual :122245

How does that have anything to do with Wellston vs. Nelsonville?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

You Buckeye fans should just ignore alexanderspartanfan, he obviously has no clue.N-Y and Wellston just come off a classic game both teams laid in on the line last night. This guy wants to get on here and talk smack about something that happend last year that had nothing to do with the actual game between Wellston & N-Y on the field of play last season.He also dosent play or he wouldnt be talking so boldly about week 7.
Before you other Alexander fans get on me .I respect what coach Arno has done for your program and have no ill feeling towards anybody from Albany.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Congrats Buckeyes!!! Was an interesting game from the refs viewpoint but all credit to The Rockets. The TVC-Ohio should know that they are back and the future looks very bright for them. It will be tough for any Ohio team to go undefeated in league play.

About the refs, I am not saying that the calls they made were wrong, questionable might be a better word, but the timing of the flags being thrown would have given anyone reason for pause. Having said that the outcome of the game was not affected by the officiating. Wellston really is that tough. That was a game for the ages last night and NY/Wellston fans realize what they saw. I think you may see the NY/Wellston game become a huge rivalry in the future as when NY beats Wellston they are usually TVC-Ohio Champs. I am not sure but I think the same can be said for Wellston when they beat NY.

The alex fan that is on here is just downright interesting to say the least. I realize that he is not indicative of Spartan fans and the more you respond to his/her slights the more power this person is given. I would recommend ignoring this person as it seems many of the Alex fans are doing as well. Remember you can only have a battle of the wits when all the people arguing have them, wits that is.

Good Luck the rest of your season Rockets and keep rolling Buckeyes.
Last edited by buckfan84 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

WELLSTON IS A GREAT0-4 TEAM. i'D EXPECT THEY WIN NOW.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Congratulations Buckeyes on a hard fought victory!!!!! Best of luck to a hard hitting, well coached Wellston team!!!! To the refs you are absolutely horrible YOU ruined what was a meeting of two great teams. To the athletic department of Wellston High School Why in the world do you continue to jeopardize the athletes health with those utility poles and rope that are less than 5 yards from the field of play?????

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

You guys need to stop using the word great to describe Wellstons football team! No great team could be 0-4. Even 3-1 for that matter. This game should have been over at halftime. The Bucks fumbled the ball inside the 5 twice. They also had 2 or 3 TD's called back by the Ref's. The Rockets played tough. The Bucks played hard, but neither played GREAT!
I do think that if both teams play their best they can win out in the TVC Ohio.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I disagree with you nybucks7080 ,It was a great effort on both teams part .I do agree if both teams play hard they can win out. Also the Rockets outgained the Buckeyes 429-279 total yards,so to say It should have been over at halftime is completely crazy.
It was a good game by both teams :!:

southern ohio fan
Waterboy

Post by southern ohio fan »

yes both teams played extremely hard. but somthing has got to happen in wellston. theball just doesnt go their way at the right time

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

Saw the game on 15, and from what I have seen and heard the officiating was not the best.
And for all of the Wellston people I know you don't hand pick your crew, and that they have no affiliation with the school. Some times you just get bad officials and I have seen it everywhere even at Nelsonville.
Both teams played very hard, and I really like the QB from Wellston. I do have one question, why didn't Lockard see the ball more towards the end of the game. They kept splitting him out. Thought maybe they would throw to him, but they didn't even do that. He is one of the best backs I have seen all year, just thought he should of been given the ball at crunch time.
The Bucks played well, just gave up some big plays at times. I really like the option look the
Buckeyes are showing! When will everyone be back playing for the Bucks. I know Talbert is done, but I had heard they had some banged up players.
Good luck to both teams next week.

Return to “Football”