East Tartan Football updates for Matewon game Saturday 9/6

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Re: East Tartan Football updates for Matewon game Saturday 9/6

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Posts were done by my daughter in law Thank you.I know we played Matewan. Hats off to an East team that never gave up even though it was apparent 3 minutes into the game, that a win was impossible.Instead of throwing in the towel they poured their heart and soul's into each and every play. Job well done team!!!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Tartan_Pirate_Fan32 wrote:One of the refs of this game is president of the Matewon football booster. And I don't know if any of the fans recorded the game, but I know Coach Hall will have made a copy of the game tape for film review. Also, another piece of information, I personally spoke with the Symmes Valley Coaches that were there tonight, and they told me that their game film from last year showed the same type of officiating, and they even sent a copy to Parkersburg WvA, and they will do nothing to the refs at all. Maybe if that is how the whole WvA football system works, Ohio needs to stay away from them. Cause, Matewon might have actually been a good team, but we will never truly know because the game was so jaded by the poor officiating.
Correction President of school Board.Visitings teams beware!!!!Wish we could pick our ref's like that we might have a chance at being rated higher than we play.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:What a joke.
If East gained over 3 yards the flags were flying.
One of the Tiger players hit an East player while he was out of the field of play,The line judge grabs his flag, swings his arm up but hangs on to the flag,then he returns it to his back pocket and turns his back to the fans.
This was no upset. This was cheating everyone out of a game. I'd have to say East had -300 yards.
The only good thing about this game was they couldn't stop East from knocking the crap out of them. Man did East hit them hard. They will never forget that.

The last thing I want to say is: John Denver must have been pretty HIGH on drugs when he sung about WV. If that's almost heaven we don't have much to look foward to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I liked the one when Matewan was on one end of field with 2 yds to go on 4th down.Quarter ended and the Ref"s spotted it with 2 inches,no kiddding,to go at the other end and the score board still said two yards.Have to laugh now.Wasn't too funny several hours ago.In the above mentioned play Ref let the flag go then realized it would be on Matewan.It was like an automatic reflex then, DUH could have had a V8.Caught it in mid air and put back in pocket.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

The way to fix this problem is NOT to schedule this team anymore. Officiating should never determine the outcome of any game.

Chopper
Waterboy

Post by Chopper »

Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me TARTANS! Take your medicine and move on with your DOMINATION TOUR, lol

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I don't know if East got hosed or not. They probably did. One way Ohio teams could use to clear this up is not to play W.Va schools. Seems like all you hear . . . we get no points because the team is so bad or the refs got us beat. Don't schedule them. However, the best way may be for Ohio schools to not use W.Va. refs in their games. Get with the Ohio AD's and coach's and not schedule ANY W.Va refs for football or basketball. There is not enough schools in W.Va to go around. They need and want to come over here and work. Take it away from them!!!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I think that this proves the common thought that all things from WV are backwards. Even common football rules and penalties.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Chopper wrote:Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me TARTANS! Take your medicine and move on with your DOMINATION TOUR, lol

Did U get your name from the CHOP BlOCKS called when the ref's couldn't come up with anything else.U are either very young, or just a pathetic adult,if U can feel proud of this win.What a poor life lesson for these Matewan boys if they think cheating is an acceptable part of winning.The LEAVE NO DOUBT TOUR was not marred by this debacle of a game.Our sports ability can not be judged by a game where first downs and any play getting yardage was immediately negated by CHOP BLOCKS!!!!!!We will move on with our heads held high but everyone in that stadium, including Matewan players,fans,and ref's know this game was handed to them on a silver platter.The saddest part of this story is actually for Matewan.Their team should have had the chance to prove or disprove their athletic ability in a fair game.Maybe they would have won but unfortunately we will never know.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:The way to fix this problem is NOT to schedule this team anymore. Officiating should never determine the outcome of any game.

East is in contract for two more years.Next year will be in Sciotoville.Should forfeit last game there will lose no matter what then no worry about injuries.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

Da Bears wrote: However, the best way may be for Ohio schools to not use W.Va. refs in their games.

East pretty much has to play Wva schools or they would have to play some more SOC II schools and would get throttled.

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

RedStormRising wrote:
Da Bears wrote: However, the best way may be for Ohio schools to not use W.Va. refs in their games.

East pretty much has to play Wva schools or they would have to play some more SOC II schools and would get throttled.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and if Minford was so darn good they would play Jackson instead of Wellston and Chilli instead of Huntington. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

RedStormRising wrote:

yeah because we don't want to play anybody in the SOC II..... :roll: I mean not like Wheelersburg wants to schedule us...what would they gain as well as Waverly and West with them wanting to make the playoffs. The only teams in the SOC II the could even remotely be scheduled are Valley and Minford. After this contract with Matewan and Buffalo are up as well as Manchester....East needs to try and schedule Unioto again, Bishop Rosecrans, and then try to work something out with Piketon or Paint Valley

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

sleeper wrote:
RedStormRising wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and if Minford was so darn good they would play Jackson instead of Wellston and Chilli instead of Huntington. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i think anyone that knows anything would tell you east cannot compete year in and year out in SOC II. i heard at the 7 on 7 against Minford that Minford was so much faster than East it was not funny. don't be mad just saying the truth. different level of athletes.
Last edited by RedStormRising on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

Tartanblue wrote:
RedStormRising wrote:

yeah because we don't want to play anybody in the SOC II..... :roll: I mean not like Wheelersburg wants to schedule us...what would they gain as well as Waverly and West with them wanting to make the playoffs. The only teams in the SOC II the could even remotely be scheduled are Valley and Minford. After this contract with Matewan and Buffalo are up as well as Manchester....East needs to try and schedule Unioto again, Bishop Rosecrans, and then try to work something out with Piketon or Paint Valley

do yourself a favor and do not schedule Piketon. they are on par with Minford and would be a sure loss for East. unioto, maybe until they get their program turned around.

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

Who cares if East can't compete in the SOC II!

Minford/Piketon couldn't compete in the SEOAL! Don't get mad, just a different level of athletes. Your entire rationale is retarded.

Piketon is a joke. They certainly can't compete in the SOC II. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Tartan_Pirate_Fan32 wrote:One of the refs of this game is president of the Matewon football booster. And I don't know if any of the fans recorded the game, but I know Coach Hall will have made a copy of the game tape for film review. Also, another piece of information, I personally spoke with the Symmes Valley Coaches that were there tonight, and they told me that their game film from last year showed the same type of officiating, and they even sent a copy to Parkersburg WvA, and they will do nothing to the refs at all. Maybe if that is how the whole WvA football system works, Ohio needs to stay away from them. Cause, Matewon might have actually been a good team, but we will never truly know because the game was so jaded by the poor officiating.

Are you kidding? SV coaches made it all the way down to Matewan to scout East even after playing Friday night and having an awful game? A long Friday night and then all day trip Saturday would make for a long weekend. That shows some real dedication from the SV coaches. Let's hope their boys appreciate this and really work hard for those coaches.

I heard that East had a running back cut a fit and threw his helmet about 30ft high during a play? Any discipline happening here?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

i think anyone that knows anything would tell you east cannot compete year in and year out in SOC II. i heard at the 7 on 7 against Minford that Minford was so much faster than East it was not funny. don't be mad just saying the truth. different level of athletes.[/quote]

:roll: I guess that's why Minford used 2 players from ND. They needed that different level from SOC 1 to help them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

does anyone know exactly how many penalties and penalty yards East had?

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

riverball wrote:

Are you kidding? SV coaches made it all the way down to Matewan to scout East even after playing Friday night and having an awful game? A long Friday night and then all day trip Saturday would make for a long weekend. That shows some real dedication from the SV coaches. Let's hope their boys appreciate this and really work hard for those coaches.

I heard that East had a running back cut a fit and threw his helmet about 30ft high during a play? Any discipline happening here?

Unfortunately true.On the last play when Matewan scored,and by the way that was a good run by Matewan,a running back took his helmet off and threw it.I am sure Coach Hall will handle this behavior appropiately.I imagine a lot more players and fans felt like releasing their frustrations but did not.Dempsey was sorely missed on the line glad to see his return next week.LOL Qb missed his presence too!!!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

battlecats wrote:does anyone know exactly how many penalties and penalty yards East had?

From memory only low estimate of 10-12 penalties 150-200 yards but they were at key moments.If we would get a 1st down or close to goal line big penalties.Also lack of calling penalties on Matewan was a factor.I think they had maybe 3.Several times we thought the flag was and should have been on Matewan but WRONG.Ref's would march off yardage against East.The interception for first TD was a good play for Matewan.I don't think East realized it had been picked off,thought it was an incomplete pass, and players kinda quit playing. When they realized Matewan intercepted and was returning it too late to get a tackle.Anyway the players have moved on, it is us fans that are still rehashing it.

Return to “Football”