WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

boilermaker
SE

Re: WK3 (0-2) Wellston @ (1-1) Waverly

Post by boilermaker »

Just because I think they were bad calls doesnt mean they were . It is my opinion. If you watched the film you must have seen the bad punt hit a minford linemen at the 30 ? Maybe you missed that. This is why I didnt get on here last friday , because it doesnt matter anyways . Its over and we will move on . I was responding to JohnKnight response to Mr Boggs article in which he does not blame the officals.

We are focused on Waverly now, this will be a tough game for the Rockets as the first two have been. No one can say the Rockets have a weak non- league schedule. The Rockets must run the ball and keep Waverlys potent Offense on the sidelines.Good health to both teams.
GO Rockets :!: :!:

Another nice artical keyser :!:

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

JohnKnight......First of all, my name isn't "Dude" and second of all — and for the last time — I DID NOT imply that the officials made a bad call.

The ruling was key because Minford ended up with the ball with just 20 yards to drive at a critical juncture of the game and because the officials CHANGED THEIR MINDS TWICE on that call.

So, with that said, that's 'nuff said there. Either it is crystal clear at this point (which it is for me) or it is not. Thank you.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Boilermaker....Thanks again for your understanding of the matter and kind words on the article. Julie Billings of our Waverly sister paper will be covering the game for us.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

The punted ball hit #27 for Wellston at about the 32 so after that it is a live ball. The Officials got it right. I am looking at it right now.

As it turned out, the officials ruled — after twice reversing their call — that the ball had hit Wellston’s Chris Howison and therefore made it live.

Thus, Minford was re-awarded the football, which was the initial ruling much to the dismay of Mantell.

The call was never overturned.

Then, with Wellston trailing 21-13 and only 2:17 remaining, the Rockets appeared to have scored the potential game-tying touchdown when freshman Jaylen Prater rumbled in from just inside the 10-yard line.

But Prater fumbled as he crossed the goal line, and the ball rolled all the way through the end zone and beyond the back pylon.

As a result, the officials awarded Minford the football again in the form of a touchback.

As they should have!
These comments are written in the story like the officials made incorrect rulings. That is how anyone would read them. That is not right to those officials. They made some tough calls and got them right. Good work ZEBRAS!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Whatever JohnKnight.......My only concern if I was the Waverly offensive line and linebackers coach — at this point in time — I would be concerned about the preparation of my offensive line and linebackers for the Wellston game.

Again, goes back to priorities.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Tell me what I can do that hasn't already been done? The hay is in the barn for tomorrow night. I am watching film and relaxing. My boys are home sleeping, I hope, but I am going on a little cruise to make sure everyone is home. Good night!

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

JohnKnight wrote:The punted ball hit #27 for Wellston at about the 32 so after that it is a live ball. The Officials got it right. I am looking at it right now.

As it turned out, the officials ruled — after twice reversing their call — that the ball had hit Wellston’s Chris Howison and therefore made it live.

Thus, Minford was re-awarded the football, which was the initial ruling much to the dismay of Mantell.

The call was never overturned.

Then, with Wellston trailing 21-13 and only 2:17 remaining, the Rockets appeared to have scored the potential game-tying touchdown when freshman Jaylen Prater rumbled in from just inside the 10-yard line.

But Prater fumbled as he crossed the goal line, and the ball rolled all the way through the end zone and beyond the back pylon.

As a result, the officials awarded Minford the football again in the form of a touchback.

As they should have!
These comments are written in the story like the officials made incorrect rulings. That is how anyone would read them. That is not right to those officials. They made some tough calls and got them right. Good work ZEBRAS!

100 percent correct coach knight and I'm sure tour linbackers are ready and you have improved that o-line of yours so you can run the football this week
Go Waverly

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Here's the preview article for today's (Thursday's) Times-Journal. I co-authored this version with Julie Billings of the Pike County News-Watchman, our sister paper in Waverly. Thanks to her for her help as always with the Waverly side of the story. Enjoy.

Regardless of the drama, nice coverage. I am sure you have been reading the posts about the PDT and their lack of coverage. The coverage means a lot to the kids and they DO read it. Too bad you aren't in Scioto County. I am sure you are appreciated more than you know.

Good luck to both teams.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

John Knight.. a few questions, and not hot-headed ones..
1) Why would a coach feel the need to be on a message board? Seems like you put yourself in the dram.
2) You have to admit, as we all do, that its MEDIA, and it will biased to the area. Mr Boggs represents Jackson County and well he did that in their view. I'm sure he wouldn't have a job, or a window left in his vehicle, if he wrote in favor of the falcons
3) No harm done, right? In the end, the falcons won, thats all that really matters. Id rather win 15 ugly games than 14 great games and lose the last one.

Sincerely, good luck on rebuilding that offensive line, we all have a "rebuilding" or "reloading" year. I'm sure you guys will come prepared every week as much as possible..

And Mr. Boggs... your articles are great, but keep it at that. I'm not sure SEOPS is the type of place for professionals such as you and Mr Knight. Now i didn't want to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it happend, i apologize beforehand. That is my opinion of the situation.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Waverly

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

RougeWarrior1965 and MinnyAckMack10....Thank you for the kind words regarding our football coverage and my articles.

In answer to MinnyAckMack10 about being on SEOPS, websites such as this give me a chance to perhaps further explain something I have written when people have questions/issues about it. I do feel I have a right to defend myself or my work when questioned about it or even attacked on it. I'm not out to please everybody because that's impossible. If I wrote every sentence worrying about if it was going to rub every single solitary person out there the wrong way, then I would have suffered an ulcer, a stroke or a heart attack or all three of those things a long time ago. People want to know what's on my mind, I just tell them. No offense taken by me to your post, and hopefully, this explains things a little bit.

RougeWarrior.....Yeah, I've seen the PDT coverage thread. Their coverage, or lack thereof, gives the profession a black eye.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Not sure what the dram is but football coaches are fans too. Someone has to defend the officials in a case like this. They are like State highway patrolmen, just doing their job and everyone hates them. For someone to allude to me not doing my job because I call them out for their public comments in ridiculous.

I do not hide behind a screen name and I stand behind anything I say on this or any website. It is easy to knock others and attack coaches and officials when you feel you are not accountable for your words (not directed at Mr. Boggs he doesn't hide, either).

Mr. Boggs asked why I would be watching a game from last week that we didn't play in. You all know Waverly plays Wellston this week, right. What game do you think I would be scouting? We play Minford too you know!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Coach Knight is a straight forward kind of guy and may rub some folks the wrong way sometimes. He posts very little on this site or jjpuddle but when he does he feels it is pretty important. In this case, after reading several posts bashing the officials and reading the news article, he felt compeled to defend the officials, WHO MADE THE CORRECT CALL. No matter how long it took, the officials got it right - sort of like McCain got it right and NoBama got it wrong. Sorry about that one but I couldn't resist.

You bash coach Knight for watching a video of a game that does not concern Waverly when in fact it does concern Waverly - WE PLAY BOTH TEAMS IN THE VIDEO! I would expect nothing less of our coaches.

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

SEOPs is a great site for "professionals" to hang out. Coaches can get a ton of additional info if they are able to weed thru the BS.

Quick statement... If the officials eventually get the call correct, then it is not the officials that shifted the momentum of the game... it is the players. It is the coaches' jobs to mitigate the reaction of the players when mistakes happen to try and keep them focused (not an easy job).

I think that this is all that JohnKnight is saying. And if John had watched that film any fewer than 60 times, he was not doing his job. Waverly is playing Welston tonight and reviewing film is the biggest part of preparation (priorities).

From play one.... Go Tigers!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Well you both replied successfully.. hmm.. :oops: :oops: ...

I agree for a coach to review film heavily when preparing for not 1 but 2 teams that his team will face.. sounds like a dedicated guy..

Mr Boggs, I understand your position, and accept it accordingly..

My apologies to all SEOPS posters.. for my lack of professionalism..

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Play hard Rockets and take care of the ball .You guys can win this game . Execute and no matter what never give up :!:
GO ROCKETS :!: :!: :!: :!:

CARBON HILL BLITZ
Waterboy

Post by CARBON HILL BLITZ »

If Wellston can stop the run they have a chance b ut it has been hard for them to do in the past few years, so I go with Waverly

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

CARBON HILL BLITZ wrote:If Wellston can stop the run they have a chance b ut it has been hard for them to do in the past few years, so I go with Waverly

They better hope they can stop the pass......... :122246

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

NO MATTER WHAT THE REF'S WHERE STUPID WELL MAYBE NOT STUPID BUT PATHETIC GET IT RIGHT 1'S TIME. GOOD LUCK ROCKETS AGAIST WAVERLY.

AND MR BOGG'S EVEN THOU I MAY HAVE KINDA SLEPT ALOT IN YOUR CLASS'S YOU DO AN AWSOME JOB ON COVERAGE FOR THE PAPER THANK YOU..

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Good Luck Rockets. Be physical! You are do for a win.

Return to “Football”