WK 3 (2-0) Portsmouth West at (0-2) South Point

Who's going to win?

Total votes: 0

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: WK 3 (2-0) Portsmouth West at (0-2) South Point

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Portsmouth West 17
South Point 12

i'm takin west by at least 2 td's

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

i will take sp
west-20
sp -24

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

if the west players want to succeed they better have a better attitude than their posters.. . :roll: :roll:

demaniac, fbnut, etc: you guys owe me one. :lol:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Burg fans and MinnieM ---Posters from West may get on your threads but they do it respectfully, all anyone asks is the same. You can root for whomever you like, just leave kids names and nasty comments off...unless you have something good to say about a specific kid.

mcstephen10
Riding the Bench

Post by mcstephen10 »

pwest n burg if u want to go ahead n start talkin bout ur alls game then y dont u all juss make a topic bout it

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

Southpoint will win this game. West is far more concerned about going 10-0. This game will bring them back down to Earth.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Come on guys/gals Lets not start the bashing of the schools/kids.fans etc. We r all excited about our teams this yr so lets all just post some positive points about the games. We all love our teams so lets respect our teams and not make us all look like idiots.
'OKAY???

GO WEST!!!!!!!!!!!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

black76 wrote:Burg fans and MinnieM ---Posters from West may get on your threads but they do it respectfully, all anyone asks is the same. You can root for whomever you like, just leave kids names and nasty comments off...unless you have something good to say about a specific kid.

Whatever...Ill make mock the whole west side....No one I know likes to travel to see a game at Pwest because of all the negativity that comes from that place.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

who is the quarterback now for west?

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

THE'GENERAL' wrote:who is the quarterback now for west?

Bricker, he is the qb from last year.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

The Riepo Man wrote:
black76 wrote:Burg fans and MinnieM ---Posters from West may get on your threads but they do it respectfully, all anyone asks is the same. You can root for whomever you like, just leave kids names and nasty comments off...unless you have something good to say about a specific kid.

Whatever...Ill make mock the whole west side....No one I know likes to travel to see a game at Pwest because of all the negativity that comes from that place.

i envy the burg in so many ways because of the close nit community and all of the support of all the athletic programs that is why u win but its people like u that give the burg a bad name. me being from the west side i am glad u and your little buddies don't like coming over here. i always heard that if it rained in the burg half the people there would drown :lol: :lol: :lol:

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Respectfully so.. we'll(me being from minford, and the burg posters(which i will speak for them, hope they dont mind)) start being a little more considerate when you guys start being a little more realistic.. now if west goes 10-0 im sure all these posters will congratulating you... it happens every year, its a war during the season but we love to SOCII teams succeed in the long run, even if, sadly, its not our own team. Calm down, have fun with the season, and remember its just high school football..

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

mcstephen10 wrote:pwest n burg if u want to go ahead n start talkin bout ur alls game then y dont u all juss make a topic bout it

WOW SP edjumacated?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Waverly, Minford and Valley. Thats who we BOTH have left before this supposed big game between West and Burg. Like we think we may go undefeated. I see a foot to trip both teams up if it was up to us EX-PlAYERS now airmchair or couch potatoes! But the players play it on the field and so far, Burg has played better competition, but SP will show the siders that the season has just begun. I think SP will win but i wouldnt be suprised either if West gets the W. Good team. I hope to see Morgan back at Qb. Kid has a rifle for an arm and deserves the chance to showcase it. Good luck to him!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Heard Alfie bricker will not play due to off the field problems in school. Too bad. HE IS A GOOD ATHELETE! If West CAN continue the defensive dominance and running the ball on Offense, they can still win this game. But losing Alfie is a huge hit. He has great hands and was looked for by Ethan Morgan (starting Qb wk 1) as his go to guy. now Ethan is back at QB (if ready) and Bricker is gone for this game, West will still rely on the ruunning game to win. But what is the loss on D with bricker gone? Can Morgan keep playing the rough guy game and not be hurt again? Can SP key on the running game all day?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

OSU 77 wrote:The best thing West can do is focus on South Point and getting better every day in practise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing that the West players can do is stay in school to make sure they know how to spell "PRACTICE"!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Here is my take on this game.

West should be able to move the ball pretty easily on the SP defense unless SP made huge strides this week. The question is whether the West D is really as good as advertised. I believe SP will be able to run the football against the West D with their platoon of big RBs. A key will be the West LBs (2 sophomores I believe) and DEs and how they react to the SP misdirection, counters and traps. Sp runs this offense very well.

I do not see West keeping SP under 100 yards rushing in the game. Too many weapons at the RB spot IMO.

With that said West moves to 3-0.

West 28 (with Bricker)
SP 14

West 21 (wo Bricker)
SP 20

Return to “Football”