Riding the Bench

Re: WK 2 (0-1) Chillicothe @ Big Walnut

Post by Ironman61 »

Chilli starts the season 0-2

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

The next two weeks will be ugly for Chillicothe, then they can get on the winning track for a few weeks anyway

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

One thing i know is that when chillicothe is the BIG underdog they always play their best. With that said everyone is going to pick Big Walnut, but I'll pick the cavs, because i feel like they will be overlooked by Big Walnut. I suspect last week was a humbling experience for the cavs, and they will get their act together.

Chillicothe-17

Big Walnut- 14

Chillicothe wins with Drew Basil kicking the game winning field goal, from 42 yards out, for the WIN with :29 seconds left.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

You were the underdog last week, what happened? You are the underdogs in most games, what happened? Sorry, just do not understand that statement at all. It will not be close enough for a kick to make the difference. Big Walnut and Sheridan will be easily better than Brookhaven.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

DRIFTER wrote:You were the underdog last week, what happened? You are the underdogs in most games, what happened? Sorry, just do not understand that statement at all. It will not be close enough for a kick to make the difference. Big Walnut and Sheridan will be easily better than Brookhaven.

Are you serious? What country did you live in last week? Chillicothe wasn't the underdog. They had all those write ups about how good they were going to be, about having an experience line, targets for caleb to throw to, Caleb, a good kicker, the list goes on and on. Chillicothe IMO came in very confident/ a bit over confident and it bit them in the butt. You just proved my point in the last sentence of your post, everyone seems to think these next two weeks are easy wins for chillicothe's opponents. that's why i feel they will be over looked and pull out the W.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I watched "The Nut" in the state finals last year and Chilli better hope that team was hit hard because of graduation because if not, it's going to be a LONG night for the Cavs.

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

What Country did you live in? Let me help you with something, Chillicothe is not a Country! Read something not produced by Chillicothe Homers! Every site, forum, and poll I read had Brookhaven the favorite. Also have Chilli losing their first three, and with blowouts to Big Nut, and Sheridan! Most have Chillicothe going anywhere between 3-7 and 5-5. Read something other than a Chillicothe paper.

pinapplrdhwk
Freshman Team

Post by pinapplrdhwk »

DRIFTER wrote:What Country did you live in? Let me help you with something, Chillicothe is not a Country! Read something not produced by Chillicothe Homers! Every site, forum, and poll I read had Brookhaven the favorite. Also have Chilli losing their first three, and with blowouts to Big Nut, and Sheridan! Most have Chillicothe going anywhere between 3-7 and 5-5. Read something other than a Chillicothe paper.

I love how you continue to just BASH chillicothe whereever you go? You have serious mental issues with chillicothe. I think you get happy in the pants when you hear the name chillicothe. Just admit it we all know it's true just one time.

Drifter's posts = Swing.........................................................................................and a miss.

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

the only thing that can be said is chilli is gonna have to hold there heads up,shake it off and keep on going!! i heard davidson on the radio this morning doing the same thing he always does blaming the defense. could someone please tell this coach he is not an oc!!! worst play calling i've ever seen. the demick kid is not a full back at all!! he needs to be on the o line where he has played his entire football career. put dere on the ol you've got plenty of talent in the back field you just need some major help on the ol!! those two could help alot!!! the defense kept chilli in this game hands down!! if you don't get some beef on that line caleb will be running for his life all season!!! chilli has ran this spread offense every since davidson has been hc ,every team knows whats coming! as dr. phil would say "hows that workin for ya"? its not!! chilli has one of the top kickers in the state and you don't let him kick? if he would have kicked those 2 field goals it would have changed the whole game. it could of been 7 to 6 at one point. i only hope the offense makes some new plays and most of all let someone else call the plays!! if someone dosen't step up on this coaching staff and make some changes its gonna be a long season. this is the team that has alot of talent that could go far but not with this same ole offense!!!

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

I agree, Chilli would be much more of a threat with a conventional offense. The offense they run is confusing to the kids.The walk game plan and play sheet looks like a college one. It's hard for a new coach to learn, but remember, they just have to learn one side. Most of the players for Chilli have to learn the offense and the defense. They have 2 hour thursday practices, with the defense getting 20 minutes, and the offense running 40-50 different plays. Game night they run a tenth of what they practiced. The kids get confused. By the way, the defense always gets blamed.Metzler is a great coach and has simplified things and has created a pretty nice defenseive scheme but only when he is allowed to do HIS thing. KUDOS to him for staying as long as he has.He's been the whipping boy from the day he took the title of DC.Coach Davidson has several strong points as a coach, but he needs to let an OC run the offense. He does several things above and beyond what most HS coaches do. Things like leadership classes, team oriented activities etc... Not to mention he and his staff does one of the BEST jobs as far as selling his kids to colleges.The recruiting program is second to none.
I know the OC this year quit right before camp. I'm not even sure why. Was it b/c he worked extremely hard on an offensive scheme and saw the writing on the wall the more he got involved? I honestly don't know.It may have been something totally different.but let's be real, it would have been the same as when Valentine was there. he was the OC but didn't even get to make decisions on the game plan. Come Friday night he was nothing more than a spotter in the box. Every play he suggested was ignored. Cant blame him for leaving. I'm not bashing Coach D, I have the utmost respect for him.But he needs to simplify things, and utilize the talent they have. WIth those hogs up front and a center and guard combination like Gray and Russell, not to mention the plethora of big bruising backs, quick hitting curl traps and Iso's/Powers IMO would be difficult for opponents to stop.
The next 2 weeks are going to be VERY tough games, not to mention being on the road, so I hope things work out for them. They have a tremendous group of kids and a community hungry to get behind a successful team(i.e. basketball season)Good luck to the kids and staff at CHS.
Last edited by bigdaddyblitz on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

first of all all you people have to admit that the game was close.not like last year when the bearcats busted us real badly.14-7?at least the d kept us in the game good show by the defence.second:i think davidson needs to rip up the playbook and play some old school 49ers football and play a westcoast offence.i see alot of schools play this style.some coaches dont play this way which i understand but comeon,something has to be done about this if i get to go to big walnut and i dont see anything change? that tells me another 4-6 season is on the horizon i wish our boys good luck this week. keep your heads up and get that first win! GO CAVS BEAT THE BIG RED!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Chilli starts 0-2. It will be interesting to see how they do in the SEOAL league play.

They'll be fortunate to finish the year 5-5.

O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Like I said back in July on here. To much talk and no action. Same thing year after year. All the talk about What the 10th game of the year with Chilly and Logan being undefeated in the news paper. I thought( Here we go again) Folks: It is time for a change at the top of this program. Davidson Great guy- No coach.

Keep in mind the only good year was because the presence of Chris Givens on that team period.

The Coaching change was made in the Basketball Program. Look what happend. 2008 STATE CHAMPS (Man that feels good to say that) I think there is even more football talent walking the halls in this school. Just need to come under new leadership and this program could become as respected as the B-ball program in the state. Oh Well For now GO CAVS

old school
Waterboy

Post by old school »

GOOD LUCK CHILLICOTHE

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

Cavfan95--I think your showing your age if you think the 49ers West Coast offense is old school.lol
I was thinking more like Rocky Blier/Franco Harris old school, or even older. A simple run, play action, mixed with some 3-step action would be deadly with the kids they have.But thats one mans opinion.I'm not at all implying he run an Ironton style offense or a run only, throw to your TE once in a while scheme. I think you've got a great passing/running QB in Knights and he needs to be used, but in a way that doesn't just feature him. If it continues the way it was vs B-Haven, that kid will be tore to pieces come week 8. Line up in the Offset I and roll him out, giving the CB or OLB a tough decision to make. Some waggles, option passes mixed with some quick 3 step routes etc...With the right play calling, the talent they have could give DC's fits preparing for them.Regardless how they do it or what formations they use, they have to run the ball and spread the wealth to more than just Caleb. I know if I were a LB or DE I'd hate to take on Smith, Dere or Demick on an ISO or Power 10-15 times a game. Regardless, boys, if the coach wants you to run his game plan, buckle down, ignore us computer coaches and execute it to the best of your ability. You have a really nice team and don't let anyone tell you any different. Good luck Friday.
PS-The Cannady kid is dangerous--don't kick the ball to him.

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

hey big daddy,
are you gona check out the game friday?

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

Probably not, I'm going camping. I'll probably be at the Sheridan game though.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

ID LOVE TO SEE CHILLI WIN. EVEN THOU THEY STINK LOL JUST PLAYING JUST YOUR TOWN AND ONLY BECAUSE IF MEAD i lived there myself a month ago back. but the nut may just be to powerful,

ravens
Waterboy

Post by ravens »

bigdaddyblitz wrote:Cavfan95--I think your showing your age if you think the 49ers West Coast offense is old school.lol
I was thinking more like Rocky Blier/Franco Harris old school, or even older. A simple run, play action, mixed with some 3-step action would be deadly with the kids they have.But thats one mans opinion.I'm not at all implying he run an Ironton style offense or a run only, throw to your TE once in a while scheme. I think you've got a great passing/running QB in Knights and he needs to be used, but in a way that doesn't just feature him. If it continues the way it was vs B-Haven, that kid will be tore to pieces come week 8. Line up in the Offset I and roll him out, giving the CB or OLB a tough decision to make. Some waggles, option passes mixed with some quick 3 step routes etc...With the right play calling, the talent they have could give DC's fits preparing for them.Regardless how they do it or what formations they use, they have to run the ball and spread the wealth to more than just Caleb. I know if I were a LB or DE I'd hate to take on Smith, Dere or Demick on an ISO or Power 10-15 times a game. Regardless, boys, if the coach wants you to run his game plan, buckle down, ignore us computer coaches and execute it to the best of your ability. You have a really nice team and don't let anyone tell you any different. Good luck Friday.
PS-The Cannady kid is dangerous--don't kick the ball to him.

I agree with you 100% except on the demick kid,he should be on the offensive line.He's not fullback material.

Return to “Football”