WK 2 (0-1) Federal Hocking @ (0-1) Athens

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

freethrow
Varsity

Re: WK 2 (0-1) Federal Hocking @ (0-1) Athens

Post by freethrow »

I'm a bulldog fan but this might be the easiest team the Lancers play. Neither team played well at all but the lancers didn't have as many turnovers at the wrong time. They were unforced two snaps over the head of the punter and than the fumble down at the 5 with no Lancers around the running back on the pitch. Federal because they are in the Hocking will at least finish .500 on the year but they are down from the past two years but much better than the dogs.

Athens is just terrible at this point. They have no line what so ever. The offensive line acts like they don't want to
touch anyone period. Number 53 and 63 are scared of contact. The whole line was like that. The Defensive line isn't any better. May be the worse lines I've seen ever. Soft, Soft, Soft. To top it off a coaches wife was in the crowd yelling change the quarterback change the quarterback how embarrassing. It wasn't the quarterbacks fault he had no line giving him anytime. The new quarterback didn't have anymore success either. Both lines should be out on the track at the crack of day running and running the Bleachers and than go and hit something. They made the Lancers Defense look like the greatest high school defense in the world.

I will always support the Bulldogs but if they don't change somethings on the line they will not win a game this
year and the other quarterback didn't do squat either. I'd say it's just a push by certain people to want him to play by the way a few people in the crowd was acting (see above comment about lady yelling foolishly)
Last edited by freethrow on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

WOW.....Federal Hocking defeated Athens :?: :shock:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Sounds like the Lancers are pulling together. Good win for the boys.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

freethrow wrote:The Bulldogs big in this one. They found a few more ground weapons other than Tope and look for them to hit
the air more tonight. I was pleased with the way the bulldogs fought back last week GO DOGS.

You lose this game, and now what happens?

freethrow wrote:I'm a bulldog fan but this might be the easiest team the Lancers play. Neither team played well at all but the lancers didn't have as many turnovers at the wrong time. They were unforced two snaps over the head of the punter and than the fumble down at the 5 with no Lancers around the running back on the pitch. Federal because they are in the Hocking will at least finish .500 on the year but they are down from the past two years but much better than the dogs.

Athens is just terrible at this point. They have no line what so ever. The offensive line acts like they don't want to
touch anyone period. Number 53 and 63 are scared of contact. The whole line was like that. The Defensive line isn't any better. May be the worse lines I've seen ever. Soft, Soft, Soft. To top it off a coaches wife was in the crowd yelling change the quarterback change the quarterback how embarrassing. It wasn't the quarterbacks fault he had no line giving him anytime. The new quarterback didn't have anymore success either. Both lines should be out on the track at the crack of day running and running the Bleachers and than go and hit something. They made the Lancers Defense look like the greatest high school defense in the world.

I will always support the Bulldogs but if they don't change somethings on the line they will not win a game this
year and the other quarterback didn't do squat either. I'd say it's just a push by certain people to want him to play by the way a few people in the crowd was acting (see above comment about lady yelling foolishly)

How impetuous...You called out the Bulldogs big, and now you say that this is the easiest victory that the Lancers will have all year? You piss all over the Bulldog parade, but keep the faucet on and do the same to the victors. You need to support your bulldogs, and not worry about Fed Hock anymore. I, for one, am tired of your negative comments about the school and community that support Fed Hock. Your "glass is half empty" point-of-view wears thin, quickly, on everyone.

Just like GW, I'm through with you.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A 93 Bulldog sighting....wow, it's been a while!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I92 ... I might go back into hiding after tonight's loss. :mrgreen:

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

The Lancer players and coaches deserve lots of credit. They were prepared, played hard and well. They won with class and dignity. They had a quiet air of confidence even as the game began. They dominated time of possession keeping the Athens offense off the field. The game was 0-0 until 9 minutes or so left, when FH was able to capitalize on turnovers deep in their territory. The Bulldogs played hard and need to continue to work with a good attitude. It is easy when things are going good, but when things are a little difficult, it is easy to fall apart. The Bulldogs will regroup and get better.
Best of luck to our neighbors from Federal Hocking.

DiggerDown
Waterboy

Post by DiggerDown »

well, I was hoping that Athens might fair a little better in the TVC, but I guess getting beat 35-0 is better than 85-0, lets face it fb is not a sport Athens is known for, it would be nice if they could get the program up and running to add to some nice inter county rivals but I think it will be a long season for the Dogs.. Fed is not even going to be at the top of the TVC hocking....just because you have a big school doens't mean your better,,need to get some rednecks or as you southeastern ohioans call it get ya some good ol rutter kids and then you can make it a fb game athens just doens't seem to have the bite back, not that they ever had it. Got to give them credit the kids keep going, would have to be hard with their seasons, maybe they will turn it around.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Great job coaches and players. Big win for the Lancers especially when over 80% of posters thought you would lose. Keep it rolling and good luck next week!!!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Way to go lancers

go tvc hocking :) :)

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Just wanted to tell Lancer good job well played game Fri nite. Athens bulldogs ur mine team win or lose lets get it together for next Fri 3rd time a charm (hopefully) ;-) ;-)

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

DiggerDown the post about Athens not having a fb team due to not having rutter or rednecks u can call ur self what ever u want, but anyways i guess ur jv needs more of them our jv (BULLDOGS) just won today and by the way we will get our BITE BACK :-D :-D I'll let u know how the 9th grade does . A football team is kids, boys, young men working together working hard the fans that stands behide them all the way win or lose. The Lancer did a GOOD job by getting it done Fri working together we never oh well there will be next week next month next year, but we well be fine!!!!!

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Chad Hatfield was at the JV game today at Federal-Hocking. He spent the night at Children's Hospital, but was released early this morning. He has a concussion and must see a neurologist in two weeks. It was great to see him at the game and hope he can bounce back quickly. As for the game, why not give the Lancer's some credit!! Wilder and Cuckler ran hard the whole night and the line was dominate. In the JV game, several freshmen stepped up today to win 20-14, including Devon Sharp, Chris Russell, and Mitch Rider.

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

I do give the jv Lancer boys a game well played!!! They did a GREAT job they held us well or it wouldn't be 20-14 one more touchdown it would have been tied an then who knows what would have happend. There was alot of freshmen that stepped up today Sharp, Russell, Rider, Taylor, Alassaf, Catania, Sorrell, Elliott, Skinner, Stalder, Stanley, and everyone that was there I heard Young, Tope name alot. They all play well lancer and bulldogs, but i will always stand up for the bulldogs. So plz don't say I didn't give Lancer some credit I give ALL the boys credit win or lose it's a tough sport. I never said the boys that played was bad I just made a reply to DiggerDown. Also I'm sorry for some reason I thought the 9th grade has a game w/ Lancer, but I was wrong. :-D :-D

Return to “Football”