WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Post by Out of Bounds »

Jackson the past few seasons is always strong up the middle on defense and offense, but we usually struggle with speed on the outside and I see us struggling again. The only chance I see us slowing down Roback, is hopefully getting pressure on him. Otherwise, I see the Tigers moving the ball up down the field in big chunks. Hopefully our running game and O-line is hitting on all cylinders and we can get the ball away from them. Good luck I-men

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Jackson drops more back into coverage Waverly will run more, not hard to figure out. You can't say Waverly should have done this or should have done that on OFFENSE - They scored 54 points, what they were doing on offense was working. They took what the defense gave them. Don't think Waverly can't run the ball. Drop more back and find out.
I have to give props to the Tiger O-Line. I thought they did an outstanding job against Piketon considering what Piketon was bringing.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Yes waverly's o-line did play well but the the tackles need to pick up the outside rush because if they dont roback gonna need to throw it in a hurry.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

Hey tigers2010onhuddle,
"They scored 54 points, what they were doing on offense was working"

If it was really working, than why were the tigers down that much by the forth quarter? Obviously, the begining of the Roback Show has already started. Not a good thing!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Burg 09,
Why was Waverly down by that much in fourth quarter? Well I'm guessing b/c we had the offense and defense to come back and win the game. Everybody seems to talk about Waverly falling behind not coming back.
Maybe you can tell howBurg gave up 22 unanswered points to Ironton, before winning it the final seconds just like Waverly did against Piketon.
Let me stress this point there is only one point in the game when the score matters and that is the end.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

G&B from huddle wrote:Burg 09,
Why was Waverly down by that much in fourth quarter? Well I'm guessing b/c we had the offense and defense to come back and win the game. Everybody seems to talk about Waverly falling behind not coming back.
Maybe you can tell howBurg gave up 22 unanswered points to Ironton, before winning it the final seconds just like Waverly did against Piketon.
Let me stress this point there is only one point in the game when the score matters and that is the end.

You are very right, but when people keep saying they are really that good and it appears to be all because of one player they are mistaken if it wasn't for the roback show they would have won by more. He completed barely half of his passes and not because the guys couldn't catch but because he threw the ball to the middle of no where.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

might take 60 points to win this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm not sure I understand the question burg09. "If it was really working, than why were the tigers down that much by the forth quarter?"
Waverly only trailed 28-26 to begin the 4th quarter so what does "that much" mean?

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Well I going to say one more thing abut the Waverly and Piketon game then maybe we can get back on the topic of this thread.
Roback completed 58% of his passes, now that might not be great but when throw the ball 50 times its not too bad especially when you don't throw many interceptions.
But if what you're saying Burg 09 is without Roback the Tigers would have by more there is no possible way you anywhere near J. Madeira Brown Field.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Lets talk about waverly and jackson waverly won and that is what matters this week ok.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

G&B from huddle wrote:Well I going to say one more thing abut the Waverly and Piketon game then maybe we can get back on the topic of this thread.
Roback completed 58% of his passes, now that might not be great but when throw the ball 50 times its not too bad especially when you don't throw many interceptions.
But if what you're saying Burg 09 is without Roback the Tigers would have by more there is no possible way you anywhere near J. Madeira Brown Field.

No, I do not mean that without Roback, I meant if it wasn't so focused on Roback but was focused more on using all the team players such as #3 and #7. Why does the QB throw that much, I thought running was a stronger (safer) game.

All I am trying to point out is Jackson is not dumb and I am sure they will be reviewing the tapes and they will notice that the highlight film is of Roback and will base their strategy on this. The roback show is more worried about keeping it to a roback show than a tiger show. This will make Jackson win with no problem. I was at the game and why is a QB throwing that much? It is more than last years QB threw, and didn't he get a football scholarship or something?? So that would be assuming he is better than last years QB which is definately not the case.
And at one point in the fourth quater, waverly was behind almost 20 points, Jackson will see what is happening and win this friday's game no problem.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

burg09,
The biggest margin was 15 in the 4th quarter.
To make an accusation that Waverly coaches are more concerned about one kid being the "show" and less concerned about the team is ludicrous. #3 & #7 contributed nicely to the victory as did many others. The freshman (#15) had a huge debute for the Tigers.

You cannot compare the number of passing attempts to what the Tigers did last year. This was a very unique game and Waverly ran the "plays" they felt they could run to get the outcome they wanted - A TEAM VICTORY.

Since this is a Waverly/Jackson thread and you think Jackson will lay all their eggs in one basket so to speak, based on Friday's game against Piketon, you have another thing coming. Jackson knows they can't drop 5 or 6 guys in coverage. If they do Malone, Rowland, Murray and Roback will run the ball with much success.

burg09
Waterboy

Post by burg09 »

only time will tell, go Jackson!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WAVERLY 35-20

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

Jacksons D held up well against the Rockets.In fact they didnt score at all on Jacksons Deffense. That being said i understand Waverlys offense may be a little more potent but i think as long as Jacksons D can make a few stops, and let the offense grind things out and control the clock i think the Ironmen can bring home a W

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ironman61 ,Wellston did score on Jackson's defense with a nice pass play just for the record. ;-)

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

I HOPE JACKSON HAS IMPROVED SINCE LAST YEAR, IF THIS IS GOING TO BE A GAME! WAVERLY'S OFFENSE IS MORE POTENT THAN LAST YEAR'S. JACKSON COULDN'T STOP IT THEN AND GOODLUCK STOPPING IT THIS YEAR.

real irnman
Waterboy

Post by real irnman »

if jackson plays like they can waverly will lose jacksons line is going to dominate waverlys they are slow and lazy example ryan huges manhandled cory mclain he supposedly one of the best around
so good luck but jackson by 14 no question
jackson(2-0) waverly(1-1)

real irnman
Waterboy

Post by real irnman »

boilermaker wrote:Ironman61 ,Wellston did score on Jackson's defense with a nice pass play just for the record. ;-)

lucky pass just for the record

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Not to interfer on this thread, but this is a game I think all of Wheelersburg will be waiting to hear the results. With Wellston, Vinton county and franklin heights left on the Tiger schedule before conference play, this may be the best competition the tigers have all year or at least the non conference sked. So take it easy on Burg9. He took the time to go to last weeks game (assuming from posts) and thinks that Roback will be vulnerable. After last years game vs jackson, I dont think the Ironmen can do better to counter a QB like Roback and the skill players they have. But I do believe the Ironmen have a chance, just like their posters have been saying, that their rushing attack can keep the Tiger offense on the sidelines. Depends on the 53 point defense Waverly had last friday. This will be a wild game and the better team will actually win I think :lol: Good luck to 2 highly acclaimed schools and I wish the best for all the players. And the posters :122249

Return to “Football”