WK 2 Point Pleasant @ (1-0) Gallia Academy

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: WK 2 Point Pleasant @ (1-0) Gallia Academy

Post by BBallin fool »

I talked to Mike Canady at the game he said MFL numbers are down big time most of the boys on 3rd and 4th Ave don't play because of the politics because of this they would rather not play. One is Tony Logans son you think Wasonga is fast tony's son can fly. i personally don't blame them either.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Alot of them aren't playing cause their too LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather ride skateboards.
Also some families can't afford to pay, the pay to play fee's.

What a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

familyofthreeboys
Waterboy

Post by familyofthreeboys »

There are others who should be playing other then #53 but their names are not the "right" ones either, even those whose families have been in Gallia for four generations. The Good Ole Boys network is in full force and control in Gallia County.

smash
Waterboy

Post by smash »

As a parent of one of the players who is getting substantial playing time, I can assure you that there is no good ole' boys' club. If you really take a close look at the names of the boys who are starting, do you honestly believe it's the "names" that play? Some could barely afford the fee.

familyofthreeboys
Waterboy

Post by familyofthreeboys »

SMASH, yes I do believe that the Good Ole' boys system works it's ways a lot of the time based on names. Ask your son if everyone who started was the right choice or if there were those who did not start and were not given a reason. My son also receives quite a bit of playing time and as the parent of 3 sons playing up to 3 sports a season times three seasons I am well aware of the sports fee and what it means for a family to find the means to pay it.

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

i totally agree with you familyofthreeboys. there are other players who should be playing and i said #53 because i have heard he is strong as an ox and can run and knock the snot out of you and there are a few others who can play the game also and they just aren't getting the chance. its not right at all. Gallia will learn the hard way one day i guess. i just hope the coaches play the right people or it will be ugly at ironton. gallia has some talent the coaches just need to use it. and as far as someone said players not knowing the schemes on offense and defense isn't that the coaches job to teach them? if the kids can play but just need some help heck coaches teach them s they can play and help your program. and as for the fees didn't they raise those this year?

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

so gallia would rather play kids based on names rather than kids who can help the school win? i dont think so

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Austin Wilson's fumble recovery for 98 yards and touchdown against Pt. Pleasant is a school record.

After seraching our files, the longest fumble recovery was 95 yards and a touchdown by the late Bill Cantrell in the late 1930s--and that was on a lateral fumble.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I would venture that Austin's record could/should stand for quite some time. But, you never know! :122246

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

wilson is destined for big things. look out on special teams too 8)

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

And he has a name .......Good game Austin !

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

2old is absolutely correct. We have talent (or at least we did have talent) to play tougher competition and to take it serious about when it comes to the playoffs.

Yes there is a good ol boys network around here but for the most part the best play. If it was for the name then why did the likes of Ty Simmons, Donnie Johnson, Ben Doolittle, Dustin Winters and Jeff Golden play? Because they had talent, they worked very hard on and off the field and they were leaders.

As for the MFL there will be another option next year for the boys, especially for those who can't pay!!!!

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Great game by both teams. By far the best point team I have seen in years! As for the name game, before we start questioning coach's choices of who plays when and where, we dont know what happens at practice. Players may be lazy, maybe they didnt show up on time, maybe they didnt come to the weight room all summer, maybe they mouthed off, who knows. And the coach doesnt have to give a player a reason he isnt playing. (He maybe should, but he does not have to) Just wanted to add my two cents.

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

devilsfan08 you seem to contradict yourself when you say gallia only plays kids with names but they played you because you had talent. That would lead one to believe talent outwieghs last names wouldnt it?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

wulf!!!imo i'm going to say 1 thing i don't guess he was big enough 6'2 230 strong enough bench 325 or fast enough4.8.5 or hit hard enough!!!lol. they can name all you want past player wise, "leave and then come back". and 1 more thing it it easy to coach talent just let them play!!! But true coaching comes out rebuilding a team. ;-)

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

BBallin fool wrote: But true coaching comes out rebuilding a team. ;-)

How true it is!!!!!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

After further research, we found it was Guy Lewis who returned a fumbled lateral for 95 yards and a touchdown, not Bill Cantrell as previously announced.

That came against defending SEOAL champion Middleport in the Blue Devils third game of the 1936 campaign. After Lewis intercepted the MHS lateral and scored to tie the game at 6-6, QB Bill Wilson plunged for the extra and a 7-6 GAHS victory.

Middleport was only five yards from paydirt and leading 6-0 when the fumble took place.

The loss snapped Middleport’s three-year, 19-game winning streak. It was the Yellow Jackets only league loss that year. They finished 4-1. Gallipolis finished SEOAL play with a 3-2 mark.

Austin Wilson returned a Pt. Pleasant fumble 98 yards Friday night to set a school record for the Blue Devils.

Return to “Football”