WK 2 (1-0) Alexander @ (0-1) Trimble

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

spartacat
Freshman Team

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Alexander @ (0-1) Trimble

Post by spartacat »

It will be a rough night for the Spartans. Trimble will be looking to revenge last year's lost. But, if Alex can continue to play well together every play, I think they could pull off the W. Should be a good game.

Good Luck to the Spartans!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

trimble doesn't use hometown crews.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Was at alex for their first game..They looked to be much improved, wasn,t for their first quarter mistakes it would have been a lot more than 48-14.Hard to tell much about them because Eastern still runs the three plays sideways and punt offense and their defense co is at KCC.YOU,RE not at Alex this week and you,re not playing Eastern.TOTO says Cats play physical for four quarters and win 22-12

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

Bulldog 93,

Give me a call my number is in the book.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

while i dont normally agree with comments about ref's that is one thing that u can count on at trimble. regardless of whether they bring their own crew.

as far as 93Bulldog putting down the alexander football program. i think that they fail to take a look at their own football program. a 1-9 season is NOT better than alexanders 3-7 seasons. or even their 2-8 seasons. yea they both are horrible. but just because your only win in a season does come against alexander. that does not make ur program any better.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

don't think the cats will get beat by a school that plays kickball again this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Atown - I wasn't tryin to put down the alexander football program, I was just trying to make a point that Trimbles' is a little more superior to both Alexander and Athens for that mater. They don't have to worry about losing 50-60 boys to a sport that kicks a little ball around & sometimes bump into one another (soccer) like the Bulldog & Spartans do.

J.L. - I might be covering the 'Cats & Spartans this week, but im not sure, I might be at Athens/Fed Hock ... I'll give ya a holler if I get the luxury of traveling to Glouster friday night. Good Luck; im taking the 'Cats in my weekly picks so I need for you guys to pull one out! I got behind the 8-ball a little bit last week picking Athens over Gallia, so I need some help now to pull back even.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

i completely hate the fact that the alexander program does lose people to soccer. in fact from what i have talked to some of the current coaches. the best kicker that alexander has (had) actually got hurt during a soccer game. i say had for the reason that i dont know how long he will be out.

i think and hope this game will be close. if trimble plays like they do traditionally. and alexander does the same. theres is no doubt that trimble will pull it out. but i do think that alexander is much improved. young and fast. last year's alexander team was strong and upperclass led. does speed out match strength? i dont know. we may find out this friday. i hope it comes down to another two point conversion. that was the most exciting football game i had ever had the pleasure to play in.

GO SPARTANS!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Now, now T-cat 15 ... Section 8 is for loonies I believe; you've seen em before, they hang out in the parking lot in Glouster, the one at the park/baseball fields ... Their easy to pick out, usually have neon lights under their 1999 chevy beretta or 82 Camero's, probably blasting some 80's rap music like Run-DMC or maybe some Snoop-dog stuff, and if their hootin-and-hollerin at 14 year old girls and their old enough to drink: you've got yourself one, a bonafied 'looney.' ... :mrgreen:

And no, Toe-head doesn't qualify, his '81 pick-up truck keeps him out of that class and his neon lights burn't out last year anyway. :mrgreen:

(BTW) ... I justified that Athens pick with the fact it was week 1 and you never know how well teams are prepared and there is always a lot of mistakes ... I just didn't bank on those mistakes being made by Athens, which is what happened ... Oh well, I can catch up to those other three fellas picking games. I'll just have to tap into my 'inside resources' and possibly cheat if I have to ... lol

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

I'm going to take Alexander in this one by 7pts.

Goldengonzo
Waterboy

Post by Goldengonzo »

I know about the Eing brothers, but who are some big players for both teams?

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

Alexander at this point doesnt exactly have many "big players" they are a young and quick team. there is a sophmore at QB Micheal Chapman, who if i do say so myself looked very good in the opener. they generally run two very quick runningbacks. a sophmore who is primarily ran Cody Lawson, and a second who gets almost as many carries. a Junior named Wesly Meadows. The line is stock full of quick underclassman. On the other side of the ball. There may be a few whom i may consider being "big player". corners Josh Moritz and Greg Croxford are veterans who know how to play. linebackers are pretty fresh to the position, but they know how to run it. should be interesting to watch.

Goldengonzo
Waterboy

Post by Goldengonzo »

Thanks a lot, Atown.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

GoldenGonzo, FYI, The Eings are cousins. Now on to the game Trimble should win this game , But I thought that last year too, Alex Is Getting better every year under their current coach , I look for a good low scoring game. Has Trimble ever lost 2 in a row to Alex??

Tomcats
Waterboy

Post by Tomcats »

Goldongonzo
How about Brandon Keith #5 for the Tomcats. He's fullback this year-strong and quick--he took over for Scott Bycofski last year while he was out.He did a great job running the ball-always a strong runner. He's also a very good blocker-he threw some great blocks at the Nelsonville game. Trimble didn't run him much for some unknown reason in that game. He had 5 carries for about 35 yards I think. Anxious to see what happens against Alexander. I say Cats will win this one especially if they use their strength and talent.
Go Cats

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

ATownWarrior wrote:while i dont normally agree with comments about ref's that is one thing that u can count on at trimble. regardless of whether they bring their own crew.

as far as 93Bulldog putting down the alexander football program. i think that they fail to take a look at their own football program. a 1-9 season is NOT better than alexanders 3-7 seasons. or even their 2-8 seasons. yea they both are horrible. but just because your only win in a season does come against alexander. that does not make ur program any better.

I think just to be fair, Athens played teams in the S.E.O.A.L . There were playing teams like jackson,gallia.
Now that there in the T.V.C . We can compare records fairly.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Oh, yea It will be a close game. Which ever team gets the breaks will win.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

One thing is for sure Trimble wont be overlooking Alex this year.

Tomcats 24
Alex 19

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

i have taken into consideration the S.E.O.A.L. vs. the TVC. and i do realize the difference in toughness. im not trying to put down either one. what i was trying to say is you have to be good to win either one. and to think that just because u win one game in your season (that isnt even within the S.E.O.A.L.) and its against the team your being compared against. that doesnt make u better than them. not sure if that made sense or not. lol

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

footing could be a problem.

Return to “Football”