Ironton 22 VS Wheelersburg 23 - FINAL

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton 22 VS Wheelersburg 23 - FINAL

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

caglewis, I think you do an excellent job of updating the Ironton games, both football and basketball. Don't let 2old get you riled up. He has an obvious hatred for anything and everything Ironton and tries to get under people skin. Just ignore him and please continue your updates. Even though I'm a huge Burg fan I enjoy following along on your updates to see how the Tigers are doing on Friday nights.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

This fan is glad that, there is only 4 qtrs. in a game, my heart and fingernails couldn't have taken another 12 mins. in this one.
GREAT game played by both teams, congrats to the Pirates for the rest of the season, as well as the Tigers.

GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

WOW! What a great game to open the season. Typical Burg Ironton matchup. Way to go Burg, you made a huge statement last night to all those doubters out there. Hope QB Lang is ok.

I said before I thought this would be a 1 or 3 point ball game barring alot of turnovers by one team and if Burgs D shows up. And thats exactly what happened last night.

As always hats off to Ironton and Coach Lutz for their solid adjustments at half time.
The Tigers are a excellent team and I'm just glad we got them in week #1 as they should be a force by week 10. They have it all speed, size and solid QB and RBs. Big key is how they bounce back from this loss. Good Luck.

What heart these Burg players displayed after losing the lead late in the 4th. As with every 1st game alot to still work on. Kickoff and punt coverage was lacking to say the least. OL inconsistent at times but they are young.

Defense was stellar. DL and LB swarmed the ball and made it difficult for the Tigers to run the football as well as time to pass in the first half.

I was impressed by our passing game when the QB had time to throw the ball. Schank #1 work is butt off for extra yardage. Stegman and Hopper and Walker made some nice catches last night. I think Burg looks better running the ball out of the spread to utilize their speed and open the running lanes. Hats off to Schank #2 for stepping up in a huge situation as a sophomore. He ran the ball extremely well on the QB draw and put the TD pass on the money.

A great win by the Pirates. Enjoy the win this weekend. Alot of work to do to prepare for the Pointers.

Burg_Backer67
Waterboy

Post by Burg_Backer67 »

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:If that was the game winner Ironton got robbed, his left foot was out of bounds.

This is true ! His foot was out .

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

biggdowgg wrote:Im going to suggest an,update "forum" where a mod can lock up a thread, and the one person thats doing updates will be the ONLY one that can post, untill after the game.

Im sure zap can handle that 8)

Great idea biggdowg, also good job caglewis

dukiees1
JV Team

Post by dukiees1 »

congrats to the Burg on the win! Both teams played a hard fought game but Ironton just had to many turnovers and the defensive backs have got to get better! Good luck to the Burg the rest of the season. Tigers keep your heads up and get ready for next Friday!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I watched it about 10 times and its hard to tell but to me it looks like the left foot was in.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

whats the rule in high school?..one foot in?

Burg_Backer67
Waterboy

Post by Burg_Backer67 »

In bounds.

Burg_Backer67
Waterboy

Post by Burg_Backer67 »

And yes, one foot in bounds is a catch in high school.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thanks Burg_Backer67, I thought it was one foot.

and thats a great shot, looks like the ref made a great call.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

got to ask, "I know someone else wil" 8)

does he have posesion of the football at hat point?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

never mind, I just looked at the vid again, and he does catch the ball while in the air, so when he landed, he was in bounds

Burg_Backer67
Waterboy

Post by Burg_Backer67 »

In this one you can see the left foot/toe still dragging in bounds, both arms cradling the ball and the right foot still not yet touching out of bounds. Good catch, good call.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Burg_Backer67 wrote:In this one you can see the left foot/toe still dragging in bounds, both arms cradling the ball and the right foot still not yet touching out of bounds. Good catch, good call.

Dont you mean his right foot is still in bounds and his left foot not yet touching out of bounds ;-)

Burg_Backer67
Waterboy

Post by Burg_Backer67 »

Yes, I forgot (its blurry) that he has turned around toward the QB/the ball prior to making the catch... his right foot is in and his left foot is over the boundary but hasn't touched down out of bounds when he has possession.

goldeneagle54
Waterboy

Post by goldeneagle54 »

Congrats Coach W. and the Burg...Thats one way to start off a season...
Like I said Burg, you guys have the right guy at the helm!!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Congrats to those Pesky Pirates on the win! Great game for someone in the stands, couldn't get more of your money's worth in any way! Good luck to the Burg and... Tigers, keep working hard, the improvements over last year are tremendous. You had a 'never quit' attitude and it showed! Just need to polish some things up and dig in again this week.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to the Burg. Murphy is a stud, he has loads of potential. He seems to be lazy at times maybe conditoning or maybe an attitude problem, but he is definite D-1 material. Very quick for that size.

Go Burg!

Return to “Football”