Fairland's new rule!

mangywulf
Waterboy

Re: Fairland's new rule!

Post by mangywulf »

All you gotta do is find a doctor who supports the team, or steal a prescription pad.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

greenandwhiteboy wrote:i agree its a load of crap i dont kno wat our they are thinking it makes me mad and we had one of our lineman 10 mins late for school and he didnt get to practice and if he practiced anyways he would have got insubordination and he wouldnt be able to practice for a week

WOW, spl chk or sumtn

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Talked to a school board member and they are going to drop this unfair rule.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

personally, I think there should be some leeway with this rule. if a kid gets to school before like 8:10-8:15 (since school starts at 8:05 at least it did when I went there), I don't think it should be a big deal. everybody runs a little late sometimes because of different things. but, if a kid comes into school at 8:30 or later without a valid excuse (i.e. the electricity was out, flat tire, accident, dr.'s appointment) then no, they shouldn't get to practice or play. being late because of things beyond your control and being late because you didn't want to get your butt out of bed are 2 different circumstances, and should have 2 different repercussions.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Bottom line, do what you are suppossed to do! You should be at school on time! Last time I checked my boss makes me be on time!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

This is a good rule.

Fairland BOE needs to make up their mind with regard to these rules. If the board makes them then by all means have a good reason (accountability, high standards) and then keep them no matter how much the few may whine.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

GREAT RULE! IN THE SEOAL YOU MUST HAVE 2.0 GRADEPOINT AVG TO PLAY SPORTS. I SUPPOSE THAT THIS RULE IS UNFAIR ALSO.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:
greenandwhiteboy wrote:i agree its a load of crap i dont kno wat our they are thinking it makes me mad and we had one of our lineman 10 mins late for school and he didnt get to practice and if he practiced anyways he would have got insubordination and he wouldnt be able to practice for a week

WOW, spl chk or sumtn

who cares we are talkin about a certain topic and you bring up stupid crap

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

qualified101 wrote:GREAT RULE! IN THE SEOAL YOU MUST HAVE 2.0 GRADEPOINT AVG TO PLAY SPORTS. I SUPPOSE THAT THIS RULE IS UNFAIR ALSO.

no, I think that is a very fair rule. Fairland used to be like that (and imo should still be like that).

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Great Rule. If you are 10 minutes late to work what happens? Especially if you make a habit of it. Then its fired!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

bucking red wrote:Talked to a school board member and they are going to drop this unfair rule.

Unreal. The school has a rule that expects the students to take some responsibility and people want the rule revoked? I think it's unfair that the kids have to go to school at all. How about we just excuse them from classes any day they have a game or practice scheduled? :roll:

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Is this a rule set by the school board or by an individual coach? Just curious.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

From my understanding it was in the handbook that was approved by the school board but they didn't know it was in there. Once they found out they said it was an unfair rule and told the principal to not enforce it.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

wow, we all know what is more important at fairland now. dont worry about coming to school, just make sure you're there 15 minutes before gametime. UNFREAKINGBELEIVABLE! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Yeah Qualified if you play sports you get at least a b if you show up for class. :122246 This was an unfair rule period. Why should a rule only effect certain people. How would you feel if say it cost a kid a scholarship. Because he didn't play when a scout was there to watch him because he was 5 minutes late for class. This was a bias rule that just penalized certain people.If a kid misses class and it is unexcused then they don't get to make up the work they missed and at FHS believe me it hurts them and that's were it falls back to the parents not the school. If my kid makes bad grades he will not play.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

yeah, again we know what is more important. btw, according to statistics, it will not cost anybody a chance at a scholarship based on % of kids who move on to the next level. it actually sounds like this rule has affected a student very close to you by your tone. are you the parent or coach? in your example about a scout, if i knew a scout was going to be at a sporting event to watch me, im pretty sure i would make darn sure i had some backup plans, but thats just me. wake up and quit making EXCUSES!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Qualified I just hope someday I can be all knowing like you. You are wrong about this rule and me and it also shows how much you don't no about FHS.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

im not all knowing, i just have some common sense. i know that when somebody mentions fairland, ill remember that was the school that changed the rules for athletes, thats it.

brutus40
Waterboy

Post by brutus40 »

I think it is a awesome rule................If you are from South point, chesapeake, coal grove, Rock hill, River Valley. Hatfield and blumfield and that big full back better park there cars in the garage because you know someone from the ovc especially chesy will let all the air out of there tires on game day.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

I have a question to the ones who agree with this rule! what if you r one of the kids that has toride the school bus and it has a flat or broke down? now u have 30-40 kids late. what then? r they excused or r they held accountable for being late now? if your kid drives to school and is late for car trouble or gets behind a wreck or something that isn't their fault, u r penalizing a kid for something that is out of their control.

Return to “Football”