WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by Blacksunshine »

Are you kidding me? No drinking fountains? I guess a thorough explaination is in order for that, doesn't that violate building code or some OSHA regulation or health department code? As nutty as the local health department can be sometimes I surprised by this move. Especially when kids and hot weather are involved. Cory Stringer folks, enough said.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

Superblue, who's the "King"? LOL :roll: Intials only.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

As usual Gallipolis is trying to put a band aid on a heart attack. If this is the best idea we can come up with, :banning microwaves and fans' than that person should be fired right now. The athletes parents pay $90.00 per sport and all they do is keep taking away. Most local schools I have talked to have there athletes pay nothing and do not understand why we have them pay. What is next, no lunch or just bread and water. What a joke, if anyone thinks these are good cost saving measures they are insane. When I voted for new taxes and new schools I guess I was nieve, I did not think they would continue screwing us with more fees and taking away everything. Try real cost cutting like lowering administrators pay. When we do these things it makes me ashamed to be a Gallipolis supporter.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

Band aid on a heart attack.....not quite...try powdered sugar on horse dung. :oops: You bought a large dose of snake oil from a medicine man in a tall black hat. Hey, oldschoolblue, try this one on, kindergarteners aren't allowed to purchase ice cream at lunch at a certain elementary school in the same system. :roll: Don't know why, but whatever, my taxes at work, can they even afford to have water jugs on the sideline. Bill Trent would have a fit!!!! And the soap, what the heck, this just boggles my mind.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Ice cream, thats nothing. After buying all the crap my kid needed for grade school I saw where on top of that they raised the so called "school supply fee" to $30.00 and also raised lunches. Everytime I turn around they want another fee. I guarantee you that later this week or early next week they will want us to sell some kind of crap or magic beans door to door. How soon before we need another levy, maybe a operating levy. GOOD LUCK on getting another levy passed in the next 30 years. All we do is give and all our school board does is take.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

And furthermore oldschoolblue, we ask for donations for soap and water because we want to cut costs. Hey, how about this idea, take a can of soup.....they gotta eat before and after the game. Maybe a pound or two of Redskin Bologna, couple loaves of bread from Heiner's (get it on Wednesday, cheap bread day) and maybe some lucky guy will throw in a bottle of ketchup. :122246 Pathetic, we can't afford the simple things.....

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Blacksunshine, maybe they want us to donate bottles of water so they can fill them back up, but if there is no water fountain than I guess they will have to fill them from the mighty chickamauga creek. We can only laugh to kep from crying. Hey, where is the teachers union at? If you let them take your microwaves and fans whats next? How about they turn off the air conditioners at the central office for the whole school year, I know that would actually save a few bucks, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

You know I just can't let this go......It really gets me peeved. If this is the kind of dog and pony show we have to look forward to, then let this be said " Politicians are like dirty diapers, when they start getting full of crap they need changed." This starts at the top and goes all the way down, these kids deserve better. Hasn't it always been said "We want it better for our kids than we had it." Well when I was in school, we at least had water fountains. What's next, sell the bleachers and press box and bring a lawn chair and listen for the bullhorn?

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I'm looking forward to seeing this game. Athens has a quality school system and I think the move to the TVC will
make them a quality football team.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

I want to apologize for getting off the subject, just got under my skin. Does Athens still have water fountains? Sorry

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I too apoligise for getting off of the subjectand yes Blacksunshine I hear that Athens has yet to drop there water fountains from the program.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im serious Gahs 4 ever ... Look for the 'Dogs to pull one out Friday ... You should be thinking to yourself, why in the world is 93Dog posting after a 4 year hiatus! Hmmmmmmmmm ... Maybe this old dog knows something the blue devil faithful doesn't?????!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

sounds like a true "fair weather fan" if you ask me :lol: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

by the way, I have to pull for Gallia, a SEOAL Team. :mrgreen:

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Im leavin work early to get there on time thurs night bringing a case of water and a six pack of soap cheap price to see the friday night warrior's and to put faces with the names

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:Im wondering if that is one DOG who has been _-whipped the last four years....hmmmmmmmmmm?

:aaaaa8

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I like some of your ideas Black & OLD...... The King needs to go....... Just an update on the drinking fountain...... The King has ordered it fixed....... His Jesters went to Wal-Mart and bought a garden hose and ran it to the restroom sink.... Now we have a drinking fountain.......LOL Nothing like drinking from a rubber hose...... The Blue coaches are expecting a tough game this Friday night..... I am picking the Blue by a touchdown or so........ Special teams may prove the difference.......

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

superblue you could never wash down a gert burger with water thats offensive and will get you barred from a great taste man he screwed up. gert your 1 with me momma. if darlene ever kicks the bucket i will be devastated but sure know where i could get some love and a belly full pass it on blue. she is worth her weight in gold and petroleum.

i got cold chills football is here :mrgreen:

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

re/ the water hose. Has no one ever read the warnings put out about drinking from a waterhose? A water hose is lined with a lead material to keep it pliable. The EPA has warned us for years about this. I have a few questions, Why was it taken out to begin with? Where is it now? Who's decision was this? What rights do our children have? Does the BOE have a waterfountain in their offices? I believe the boys should march straight from the field to the BOE office and use the waterfountain!!! Let about 40 Blue Devils in pads, sweaty and dirty march into their A/C offices and get a drink!!! I am sorry for venting, but they keep taking away and want us to pay more!!!!! What's next an out house beside the weight room because they don't want to clean the restrooms?

Mrs Mighty

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

This issue is a hard one for me to let go….I will try and relate it to Football team, just bare with me for a moment…. Because of this new policy by the King, Teachers at the Junior High & High School must bring ice & water from home… Teachers in the Jr High must walk over to the High School and stand in line with other teachers just to heat their lunch.. Just remember if the Temp is 95 degrees outside, it is 95 in the class rooms… I think you get the picture. Yesterday the janitors were sent around to check the rooms and make sure none of the prohibited items were there. (Reminds me of Nazi Germany and the Gestapo.)
Now if a teacher goes to the main office they see Refrigerators, coffee pots & microwaves that the chosen few can use.. Now I have had dogs all my life and I treat my dog better than the King treats his teachers.. If the school board & the King & his Jesters are really interested in saving money on the electric bills, you let me know. I will bring in people & Information on what can really be done to lower the bills, but they won’t like to hear the facts because it might affect them….. To me all these issues create a negative working environment, which eventually filters down to the students and the academic and sports programs… Now our coaches must worry more about the players having drinking water than next weeks opponent. All you hard working tax payers need to check out the new alternative school at GAHS.. Its amazing what $20,000 can do… Now the kid that is causing trouble can sit in the AC all day, now that is discipline at its best…….. LOL

Return to “Football”