Realistic Expectations of your Team?

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: Realistic Expectations of your Team?

Post by Portsmouth98 »

We'll have at least 3 o-lineman to incorporate, a new quarterback, and some linebackers and tackles to work in. Our strong area's should be the receivers and running backs on O and the ends and db's on D. The good news is that the guys coming in could be one of the most talented groups in PHS history, the bad news is that they are mainly sophs.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

P98, HOW GOES IT. I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE OVERLOOKING P-TOWN. I DO IT TO WIZZ OFF DOWGGIE AND OZZOHIO. BUT YOU GUYS MISS LOGAN, AND ZANESVILLE FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS. THAT IS ENOURMOUSLY HUGE. WITH A QUICK START. YOU ALL COULD POSSIBLY RUN THE TABLE, IF YOU GET BY ARCH-RIVAL IRONTON.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Speaking of which I saw those guys (dowgg at least) the other day when I was out on a delivery.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU AND THE MRS. COMING OUT NEXT SATURDAY.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Hard to say, she hasn't gotten her schedule yet. I may have to make the trek solo.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

be glad to have you all , had a great time with you all, at pmow's shindig. dowgg, ozz and alot more p-towners will be here.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

portsmouth_98 wrote:We'll have at least 3 o-lineman to incorporate, a new quarterback, and some linebackers and tackles to work in. Our strong area's should be the receivers and running backs on O and the ends and db's on D. The good news is that the guys coming in could be one of the most talented groups in PHS history, the bad news is that they are mainly sophs.

you realy need to make some of the lower level games, to get a early look at some of these kids.....being sophmores isnt going to hurt this bunch at all, and our new QB , is already looking like a senior.."that coming from last years QBS, dad. 8)

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well, if they can get into the playoffs I'll be plenty happy, and if we beat all the pumpkinheads i'll be thrilled.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OH, I BELIEVE YOU, WE'LL CATCH SOME LOWER LEVEL GAMES THIS YEAR. AT YOUR PLACE AND OURS. I'LL BE ON MY MOPED. IF I CAN GET OVER KITTS HILL, WITHOUT HAVING TO CARRY IT. :122246

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Gas is under 4.00 now, no need for a moped, lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i feel much better now. it should never again be over 2 dollars, if our elected officials are truley for the people. that would stimulate the economy. more travel. more new cars bought. think about it. it would ignite our country. wish i could change it, but i'm one voice.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

YTB and Ghost,

I have no knowledge of I town ever schooling Logan. Since I have lived in Logan, Ironton has NEVER defeated LOGAN. In fact i have lived in SE Ohio most of my life and Itown has never defeated a team where i lived at the time i was there.

I honestly feel the Tiger faithful is in for a surprise this year. It demonstrates weakness when you schedule those Canadian teams anyway. Play real football, not Hockey on grass. The one chance ironton has is the easier preseason schedule they play this year. But still the best record Ironton can have is 8-1. I do not acknowledge football wins agasinst a hockey team.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:YTB and Ghost,

I have no knowledge of I town ever schooling Logan. Since I have lived in Logan, Ironton has NEVER defeated LOGAN. In fact i have lived in SE Ohio most of my life and Itown has never defeated a team where i lived at the time i was there.

I honestly feel the Tiger faithful is in for a surprise this year. It demonstrates weakness when you schedule those Canadian teams anyway. Play real football, not Hockey on grass. The one chance ironton has is the easier preseason schedule they play this year. But still the best record Ironton can have is 8-1. I do not acknowledge football wins agasinst a hockey team.

Ironton/Logan Series began in 1925 and Ironton leading the Series 16-6....

In a 14 year span 1972-1990....Logan only had 1 win in 1977....NOW, this is being Schooled....

1927 Ironton (H) 1-0
1929 Ironton (H) 38-0
1968 Logan (A) 8-0
1969 Ironton (H) 20-0
1970 Logan (A) 14-7
1971 Logan (H) 22-19
1972 Ironton (A) 7-0
1973 Ironton (H) 22-0
1974 Ironton (A) 35-0
1975 Ironton (H) 27-7
1976 Ironton (A) 8-0
1977 Logan (H) 21-14
1979 Ironton (H) 42-6 State Championship :-D
1980 Ironton (A) 28-0
1981 Ironton (H) 40-6
1982 Ironton (A) 42-30
1983 Ironton (H) 14-7
1984 Ironton (A) 42-0
1989 Ironton (A) 44-6 State Championship :-D
1990 Ironton (H) 35-0
2006 Logan (H) 7-0
2007 Logan (A) 53-14

2old now you have the knowledge of being Schooled.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Tigers!!!!

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:YTB and Ghost

It demonstrates weakness when you schedule those Canadian teams anyway. Play real football, not Hockey on grass.

2old, don't forget that the Canadian teams we beat....Go back home and win the remainder of their games and a Canadian CHAMPIONSHIP....CAN YOU SAY THAT????

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ghost,

Thanks for proving my point. Ironton beats a team from Canada that wins the rest of its games and a Canadian Championship and ironton finishes somewhere in the middle of the pack in the SEOAL. i think that speaks volumes about the quality of that opponent. Canada is spelled HOCKEY. I still suggest ironton would face a stiffer test by scheduling the LOGAN JV.

As for all those ironton victories over Logan you guys cling to those are ancient history. i respect history and i have always defended the proud history of the Tigers. However that was then and this is now. Ironton started down hill on that bad decision in the championship game. Ironton football has never recovered from the call. ironton has won no league titles in this century. Ironton has not defeated Logan this century.

If you want to have a good football season dig out your old press clippings and VCR tapes and watch the Tigers of 20 and 30 years ago. Heck even 2old was young then.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Ghost,

Thanks for proving my point. Ironton beats a team from Canada that wins the rest of its games and a Canadian Championship and ironton finishes somewhere in the middle of the pack in the SEOAL. i think that speaks volumes about the quality of that opponent. Canada is spelled HOCKEY. I still suggest ironton would face a stiffer test by scheduling the LOGAN JV.

As for all those ironton victories over Logan you guys cling to those are ancient history. i respect history and i have always defended the proud history of the Tigers. However that was then and this is now. Ironton started down hill on that bad decision in the championship game. Ironton football has never recovered from the call. ironton has won no league titles in this century. Ironton has not defeated Logan this century.

If you want to have a good football season dig out your old press clippings and VCR tapes and watch the Tigers of 20 and 30 years ago. Heck even 2old was young then.

BLAH BLAH BLAH..................You should be thankful Ironton got out of the league when they did or Logan wouldn't have nearly the league titles they have now. So all I want to hear from you now is THANKS for staying out of the league as long as you did Logan is THANKFUL for that. :122245 :122245

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Actually OH i have always said ironton was a quitter and got out of the league at the right time. They were in the league at a very fortunate time for them. Ironton fans have a short memory. ironton was the one crying around about scheduling problems. Logan was nice enough to let them in the SEOAL again.

i believe Logan thought ironton would improve the league. Of course that has not proven to be correct. Ironton it turns out to be just another victory on the schedule on the road to yet another SEOAL Championship for the Chiefs.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Actually OH i have always said ironton was a quitter and got out of the league at the right time. They were in the league at a very fortunate time for them. Ironton fans have a short memory. ironton was the one crying around about scheduling problems. Logan was nice enough to let them in the SEOAL again.

i believe Logan thought ironton would improve the league. Of course that has not proven to be correct. Ironton it turns out to be just another victory on the schedule on the road to yet another SEOAL Championship for the Chiefs.

The competition just wasn't there at the time the Tigers got out of the league as indicated by 103-17 record and 13 titles in 14 years. Looking at some past records I see at least 7 titles the Tigers would have won that Logan ended up winning because the Tigers wasn't in the league and there was probably some more so......

SAY THANK YOU TIGERS................

Back on topic

I see the Tigers going 9-1 at the worst but I expect 10-0 and a deep run in the playoffs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

With Logan being D2 and Ironton D4, I would hope Logan could win a few. Ironton's history beats Logan's. No Contest. Until Logan can reach rhe accolades of I-Town. I would not be boasting about a few recent wins.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

2old wrote:Logan will be 9-1 in the regular season. By default that means any hope of Ironton going undefeated is lost. The Logan victory over Ironton will not be an upset. It will be closer to a lesson.

When I mention having a test, I was refering to some of our schedule from the south. p.town, burg, and chilli, LOGAN does not pose much threat for us this year, or any time in the future if they can handle scheduling us again

Return to “Football”