WK 1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Re: IRONTON/WHEELERSBURG. WEEK 1.

Post by The Riepo Man »

I played everything but kick/kick return and never really got tired until late 4th quarter and i am in no way shape or form in as good a shape as those 3 d-lineman u r referring to.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Ironton will have to drastically improve on defense in order to be successful in 2008 against quality teams like Wheelersburg. Last year's defense was young and slow, and it resulted in yielding a school record 313 points to its 2007 opponents. According to irontonfootball.com, the only other Ironton teams which approached this level of generosity were the 1964 team (308 points surrendered; record of 0-9) and the 1952 team (305 points surrendered; record of 0-9-1). This year's squad will have more game experience and an added year under Coach Lutz's tutelage, but will it be able to run to the ball any better? I'm praying that Lutz can re-invent the old Ironton defense. This team can have some success if it can stop people, because we know the offense is capable of scoring points.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

on a mission wrote:..............................BOB'S BACK AND ON A MISSION BURG10-TIGERS49

Here I was thinking he came back LAST year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Riepo Man wrote:I played everything but kick/kick return and never really got tired until late 4th quarter and i am in no way shape or form in as good a shape as those 3 d-lineman u r referring to.

May be true. But you also won convincingly last year, so you must have had the ball a majority of the time and the momentom (adrenaline).

If the old Ironton shows up and has the ball two-thirds of the time while outweighing the d-line 75 pounds with a bruising bus weighing 250 your going to get tired or your not human.

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

u guys are under estimating wheelersburgs offense i believe we will a a very good offense i think we will be able to mix the run and pass, we may run more but we will throw enough to keep defensives off balance, and yes we lost a lot of skill players last year but we also have a lot coming back.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

Running backs/Receiver--J. Shank, Walker, Craigmiles, C.J. Adkins, B.Shank, Kemper, (maybe) White and Hall

Receiver--Hopper, Stegman, Kemper

These guys are all athletic and in very, very good shape. They all take pride in being in great shape. I think they will be able to last all four quarters and the offense will be able to keep the defense on their heels with run/pass balance. Our center(Frowine) will be able to hang with Murphy. He is probably the strongest on the team and matches the size and strength of Murphy down in the trenches.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

last year,maybe just getting the boys ready,better hang on your going for a ride.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Our center(Frowine) will be able to hang with Murphy --- I can't wait to see this.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

HANDLE MURPHY.........................PAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEZZ! :roll: :lol:

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

"will be able to hang with Murphy " -- He might be able to "hang" with Murphy out in the parking lot, or at a pizza place after the game.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

What if murphy doesnt even play? do we not forget last year...and is he even in shape?..to you know like walk :lol: last time i saw him he needed a respirator every other play

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

Talking with some of the players they said that they've ran more this year than what we did last year and and they r in better shape then they have ever been so they will be able to go more than 4 quarters if needed, and we've always been in better shape then ironton, and lets just hope murphy can play this year, hopefully theres not a repeat of last year

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Yeah they have ran alot and im pretty sure frowine can hang with murphy and if not its easy to run around him anyways

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

not so fast there riepoman. i have seen the ocassional big paw come out and grab some players out of their shoes . so to say go around easy is foolish because he has pretty quick feet to be a big man

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

he wont have quick feet if he runs the ball any - his knees will swell up. Only one sure way to tackle a guy that size...lets hope he wears some good knee pads.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

The Riepo Man wrote:Yeah they have ran alot and im pretty sure frowine can hang with murphy and if not its easy to run around him anyways

Like the confidence on handling Murphy, But he is not the only weapon the tiger's have running at you { Birchfield - Wetzel } also good luck running around him, You have to catch him first, Got some speed to go with the size. GO TIGERS

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

eddie wrote:Our center(Frowine) will be able to hang with Murphy..

Me and My buddy...not going to mention any names but if your from ironton and know who i am..you know who is sitting next to me...just laughed so hard at this

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:
eddie wrote:Our center(Frowine) will be able to hang with Murphy..

Me and My buddy...not going to mention any names but if your from ironton and know who i am..you know who is sitting next to me...just laughed so hard at this

As absurd as it is to say a young man can handle another young man, although he never said that he said he could HANG with Murphy, which is a big difference, how do you know the Burg's center cant hang with murphy? :?

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

SPEAKING OF ABSURD-----------WHO WANTS TO JUST HANG? I BET MR. LUTZ WON'T KEEP MURPHY IN IF HE IS JUST ABLE TO HANG.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

being about to hang means he will win some and lose some but will not be dominated. i say this out of respect to Murphy's- size, strength and ability.

Return to “Football”