OVC PREDICTIONS

Who's going to win the OVC?

Total votes: 0

SportsMom
Freshman Team

OVC PREDICTIONS

Post by SportsMom »

WHO'S IT GONNA BE THIS YEAR ? I Think CG has a good chance ! Did SP or RH lose very many from there line ?

Buckeye89
Waterboy

Re: OVC PREDICTIONS

Post by Buckeye89 »

GO HILL UNSTOPABLE THIS YEAR 10-0 GOOD JOB BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove looks good at nearly all the skill positions (never thought I'd say that), but I think (GASP!) the LINE might be a weakness this year with the loss of Harmon and Allen. CG also has to replace the best QB they've had in over ten years in Murphy (he was also their best CB last year).
The RB position will be stacked as usual, with Jenkins getting a plurality of the carries I would imagine.
On paper, the secondary still has the potential to be pretty good - this all hinges on how much time the coaches spend working on it because the speed is there.

My predictions right now are as follows (although I cannot stress the tenativeness of this enough):

1. Coal Grove - finally got a share of the OVC last year. And they have a deep bench. The line is the question mark.

2. South Point - lost a bunch of skill players, but I like the coaching style. The CG/SP rivalry is back in full-force.

3/4 Rock Hill/Fairland - toss up

5/6 River Valley/Chesapeake - River Valley will win at least one conference game this year

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

CG will be strong this year in all the positions!!!!!!!! I'd like to see them pass more but that will never happen!!!! Murphy was okay and im sure the size harmon and allen added to the line will be strongly missed!! but they still have some size left and they're going to be quick!!!!
They've got a good QB and speed!!!!!!!!! They'll get the job done!!!!!!!!

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Who is going to be the QB this year for The Grove?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I look for the Hornets to win the league this year. They only had a few losses to graduation so the majority of that team is back. I think the line will be just fine as well as the backfield.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

the qb spot is between Sparks and Goodwin I believe---go Hornets!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Sparks is a natural athlete - good at virtually every sport he plays. He's still pretty young, so I'm inclined to believe Goodwin will the nod. Overall, he's not the most gifted player, but he's experienced and as long as he doesn't try to do too much, he'll be all right. He's not nearly the defensive player that Murphy was, but Coal Grove has so much speed that it won't matter.
Any Ideas of what the line will look like on opening night?
I'm looking for Branch and Sherman to step up big this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK IT'S MUCH MORE IN THE AIR THIS YEAR. THAN PREVIOUS YEARS.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

i think the last game of the season between coal grove and fairland will decide who will win the ovc. We stopped them last year and we will stop them again this year and we have roger snyder which has put up a good record in the past in the ovc so who knos. i have heard south point isnt going to be any good and i havent heard anything from rock hill but i guess we will juss have to see when practice time comes and the first game

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

South Point isnt going to be any good? They will be better than last year...they have 7 returning starters on offense and 6 on defense...every senior last year will be replaced by a player that has just as much, if not more talent

Coach Shilot will have that program rolling this season

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

primetime20 wrote:South Point isnt going to be any good? They will be better than last year...they have 7 returning starters on offense and 6 on defense...every senior last year will be replaced by a player that has just as much, if not more talent

Coach Shilot will have that program rolling this season

thats just wat rumors i have heard from down there in the point. but here in dragon country we are ready for a shot at them

on high top
Waterboy

Post by on high top »

coal grove will be as good as the coaches allow them to be.
don't forget about Delawder he will probaly be the best back in conference he's bigger,stronger,and faster than last year. 2nd on the team in tackles 74 Dickess had 76 both will be juniors. The line will be fine sherman, willis, newman,haukendahl,jackson,boyd,dickess.Haynes in the backfield he won the conference in the 100. The Grove has alot of talent and more coming.

cg58
Waterboy

Post by cg58 »

From what i have heard, Jenkins and Branch are not playing this year.

But mandatory practice has not even started yet, so it is too early to tell.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I also have heard from a very reliable source that Jenkins isn't playing. A shame, but Coal Grove has so much talent in the backfield it isn't even funny.
The line sounds like it will be decent based on those names, and I know that most of those guys are in pretty decent shape so the line won't be as "big & slow" as it's been recently. This team should be able to out-quick people this year. It sounds like the position with the most potential for weakness on offense is QB, but I'm sure someone will step up. Hopefully CG will be able to go to the air like they did last year.
Defensively, Coal Grove has recently been able to stop everyone as long as the offense is running right at them.
Secondary has to step it up - PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! I agree: the team will be as good as the coaches let it be.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

CG has been weak in the QB position for the last couple of years!!! Maybe its going to take a younger one too step up and get the job done!!!! Either way they should be pretty decent this year!! Go Grove !

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Pre-season this looks like a 3 team race ... Coal Grove, South Point and Fairland

Coal Grove is always big and strong... Sounds like theyve got some speed to put with that now... I also know that the Delawder kid is a force saw it against SP last season

South Point started rolling once they got used to the system last season... these kids know what theyre doing this year from day one ... yes lost talent in skill positions but as primetime said they have the athletes to fill those holes... I look for Seagraves and Dillon to have big years for the point if they get after it from day one.

Fairland will be solid as they were last year with that air attack and speed... Losing Lamb will hurt on the defensive side (didnt impress me on offense) and losing Kersey to graduation hurts but the Bloomfield kid is probably the fastest kid in the conference so he can fill the RB slot ... the interesting thing with this team will be the same as SP last year how soon can they adjust to the coaching.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I would say the team that wins the most league games will take the title. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

The Peake will be better this year, they may suprise a few people.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

SportsMom wrote:CG has been weak in the QB position for the last couple of years!!! Maybe its going to take a younger one too step up and get the job done!!!! Either way they should be pretty decent this year!! Go Grove !

Coal Grove had the best passing attack they've had since I can remember last year - period. I'm not going to say who should be the starter - obviously Coal Grove has options and that's a good thing.

Return to “Football”