SOC II Predictions

Who's going to win the SOCII

Total votes: 0

Incognito
Varsity

Re: SOC II Predictions

Post by Incognito »

Siderman,yea at halftime. What happend the rest of the game.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Sider-man.. after half minford beat up on your senators then the "WEST SIDE" turned into those Siders that we all know of.. the type of players who commit stupid penalties and lack discipline to achieve anything great(exception 2002 :lol: ) .... i look for the falcons to at least beat you 4 outta the next 5 years..

BTW whats it matter at halftime? it matters who is ahead at the end of the game.. go ahead and teach ur players to play a half and be happy... thats fine with me, but you still lost at the end where it matters..

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

by the way, we have as much control over picking our oppenents as you do.. NONE... so we play the schedule we have, you play yours...

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:by the way, we have as much control over picking our oppenents as you do.. NONE... so we play the schedule we have, you play yours...

Yes you do the frickin AD deals with it and so does your coach

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Incognito wrote:Siderman,yea at halftime. What happend the rest of the game.

Point is West was not very good last year. You had what you considered a really good team.

Don't have any control over your schedule? Your AD and your coach does, or they better.

Last year you beat no one that made the playoffs and got blasted in the first round. Same thing will most likely happen again this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote: i look for the falcons to at least beat you 4 outta the next 5 years..

I doubt it. I'll have to look and see if our JV's and freshman teams play this year. If they do come out and watch, then make that same predection. I'll bet you don't.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I would say something but, this whole thing is silly.
I`ve been @ JV games for the last 2 years. I know for a fact, they never lost a game last year, and that was with the freshman playing most of the 2nd half of the games.
Yes we beat RV, not a good playoff point team, but Fairland isan`t an OVC power house either.
We will play the game anyway HERE, to see if we are allready beat by West Oct. 10th.
:mrgreen:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

MinnyAckMack10 wrote:by the way, we have as much control over picking our oppenents as you do.. NONE... so we play the schedule we have, you play yours...

looking more at your schedule:
22 H River Valley (0-1) [4:15] W 42-6
8/29 A Wellston (0-0) [4:15]
9/5 A Huntington (0-1) [5:19]
9/12 H Dawson-Bryant (0-1) [5:19]
9/19 H Oak Hill (0-1) [5:19]
9/26 H Waverly (1-0) [4:15]
10/3 A Wheelersburg (1-0) [5:19]
10/10 H Portsmouth West (1-0) [5:19]
10/17 A Northwest (0-1) [4:15]
10/24 A Valley (1-0)
you will probably have to win 2 out of 3 against West, Wheelersburg, and Waverly just to make the playoffs. That is after you go into week 6 undefeated because you don't play anyone. You will get hardly any second level points from River Valley, Wellston, Huntington, Valley, or Northwest. Second level points are what gets you in the playoffs.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

The last few posts are why I do not spend much time on this site and others in regards to football. I am a Minford fan , always have been and always will be however..

1. I respect all teams
2. I beleive all SOC teams work hard and make alot of sacrifices
3. I beleive that your team is as good as your last game
4. I support all SOC teams against any other teams outside of the league
5. I belileve we are fortunate to have a competetive league this year.

I do not like posts that say " same old Minford " or " Minford will beat West 4 of next 5 years"

I am confident enough with the Falcons to say " Good luck West Side " I hope you play your best against us and everyone is healthy when we play. I also am enough of a fan to say " congrats on the win " or " good luck the rest of the way "

I get sick of this debating that is senseless and unfounded. High School Football is a great thing and I love it , I just wish others loved and respected the game like I do.

:12222

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

good post and your right. I may be wrong, but this stuff started a few days ago when a burg poster said West would win Region 19. Not a West poster, a burg poster. Then Minford starts downing us because we had said we have a good team. A team that is capable of winning this region.

I made the prediction that Minford will go 2-3 in the conference. I may be wrong, but I believe that. They may go 5-0, I don't know. Its called a PREDICTION.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Well when MinnyAckMack10 gets hired for AD or Head Coach then i'll change the schedule... but im not in the system, so i dont have any control.. nor do any of the other posters on here...

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

^ What was the score at halftime between West and W'burg? Didn't all the West's fans cry about Minford running up the score on them last year? Typical Westside mentallity cry and cheep shot when beat and then make excuses afterwards.

I understand what Minford is doing with their schedule and they need to put together 3 or 4 years of winning 7+ games before scheduling Ironton, Portsmouth, Gallia, Chillicothe, etc. There was talk in Ironton on Minford this year, but we want them to prove they're not 1 hit wonders and will be worth our while to play point wise. It's called program building. The River Valley, Huntington Ross, Oak Hill games do hurt them in the long run. Piketon did drop them for Waverly, and D-3 Vinton Co dropped them for Athens when the Bulldogs joined the TVC, so those games were outta Minford's control. They do need to think about picking up another OVC team like Fairland, Rock Hill, South Point, or Chesapeke and forget Huntington Ross and the SOC I schools.

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

The only SOC II game Minford MIGHT lose will be against the Burg. This game will decide this years champion.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

We are not worried about week 7 right now. It`s week 2 we`re concentrating on right now.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Derf_W, i completely agree... i would love to see minford pick up rock hill (i think that would go a long way points wise) ... theres a lot of rumble about oak hill this year, but who knows... they didnt prove it last friday..

and for the sake of the SOCII, no offense to Northwest, but northwest should be out of the SOCII. They are not building a program in this conference, and I think those EAST TARTANS would like a shot.. Now whether they end up like valley or even NW is to be determined.. just a thought.. 8)

Minford would benefit from a stronger schedule because it makes them focus on each game as important as its own. You never overlook any of those teams.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

BULDOG wrote:
marshallman wrote:Heres a wakeup call! This is HS, not college. HS doesn't have all these great waiting in the wings football players riding the pine waiting their turn. Burg has to break in a new QB, line, WRs, coach, his system and DBs. I don't think Terrelle Pryor is going to run in at QB.

Hey marshallman, how about those Pirates? Can you point out just where all the problems are with this Burg team? And yes we don't have Pryor running QB... we have Lang and Schankweiler. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not impressed! Ironton fumbled the ball away what three times? Then scored at will in the second half. Lang got hurt I know but the paper said the second string QB started the 4th quarter and was the leading rusher with 59 yards. Defense is not as strong as predicted. Burg may go spread and run the QB up the middle this game but now its out there to watch for. If Lang is hurt it will really hurt the teams chances.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Riepo Man wrote:

Yes you do the frickin AD deals with it and so does your coach

Quite a comment. "Yes YOU do...."... Uh, no we dont. The Minford kids cant change the schedule, neither can the posters on SEOP.

Cant wait until we play the Siders. How many cheap shots will the Siders throw in the 4th quarter this year????

GEEZ.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

marshallman wrote:Not impressed! Ironton fumbled the ball away what three times? Then scored at will in the second half. Lang got hurt I know but the paper said the second string QB started the 4th quarter and was the leading rusher with 59 yards. Defense is not as strong as predicted. Burg may go spread and run the QB up the middle this game but now its out there to watch for. If Lang is hurt it will really hurt the teams chances.

Look at the stats! Burg gave Ironton the ball twice in the second half both inside the 30. Ironton only had 1 first down on their scoring drives to Burgs 12. Give me a freekin break. Total offense 307 yards to 182 advantage Burg. 203 rushing to 104 advantage Burg. Passing 104 to 78 advantage Burg. 1st downs 17 to 6 advantage Burg. Turnovers 3 to 2 disadvantage Ironton.

Just because the leading rusher had only 59 yards doesn't mean a thing, others (3-4) added the other 150. Yes losing Lang will hurt. Defense more than offense. Not even sure he is out this week. If so, he will be back probably week #3.

Again, keep thinking that Burg has problems and you are fooling yourself. They just beat one of the best teams in southern ohio.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Big statement victory for Burg. I also think Ironton got out coached. Lutz is a hall of fame coach but you need to have a passing game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bottomline is that Burg is the defending champion until someone knocks them off. Everything else is a moot point.

This year should be a dogfight for the SOC. Burg has the disadvantage of having to play Waverly and West on the road. Minford has to come to the Burg, but play West and Waverly at home.

marshallman wrote:
BULDOG wrote:
marshallman wrote:Heres a wakeup call! This is HS, not college. HS doesn't have all these great waiting in the wings football players riding the pine waiting their turn. Burg has to break in a new QB, line, WRs, coach, his system and DBs. I don't think Terrelle Pryor is going to run in at QB.

Hey marshallman, how about those Pirates? Can you point out just where all the problems are with this Burg team? And yes we don't have Pryor running QB... we have Lang and Schankweiler. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not impressed! Ironton fumbled the ball away what three times? Then scored at will in the second half. Lang got hurt I know but the paper said the second string QB started the 4th quarter and was the leading rusher with 59 yards. Defense is not as strong as predicted. Burg may go spread and run the QB up the middle this game but now its out there to watch for. If Lang is hurt it will really hurt the teams chances.

R U serious. Burg fumbled twice and Ironton turned both of them into scores, with one of them scores coming because of alot of missed tackles at the LOS. They had the runner stopped, but couldn't bring him down and he made something out of nothing. The kid just kept churnning his legs and got away from the defenders. Defense not as strong as predicted. The Burg held the Tigers to 182 yards of total offense, with 59 of them coming on one play. I would have to say the Burg defense did one helluva' job because in the first half, Ironton definetley had the advantage with field position and the Burg defense just toughened up and stopped them. Once on downs and once on a fumble. Yeah, the backup QB might have started the 4th qtr, but this was the young mans first playing time at the varsity level and even though he started out slow, he sure did collect himself on that last drive and led his team to the victory with both his legs and arm. I think the Burg coaching staff have to be pleased with what they saw out of the young man. It was a yeoman's job in by far the biggest game of his young career.

Return to “Football”