SOC II Predictions

Who's going to win the SOCII

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC II 2008

Post by Westfan »

That's great and Burg is good at football. But why the attitude on a forum that is all opinions and doesn't matter to a hell of beans?

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

D-5 wrote:Football 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 80, 81, 83, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08
Wheelersburg SOC champs :shock:Kids from Burg are not arrogant They are taught to win from a young age and if you loose do it with respect for your opponent

You won it in 2008?? Boy, I guess we'd better tell all those other teams not to show up, huh? Don't worry SOCII August 22 the Tigers will start 'burg out on what will be a long season.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I will take the perception that people from the BURG are arrogant over the perception that west people and players are known to start fights and play dirty

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Reipo, I'm feelin sorry for you already boy....hope you can live up to your own hype.....I'm sure that senior class at Wheelersburg would have something to say about your comments about how easy they will be replaced. See you this season! Looking forward to it! ;-) I predict West will beat you AND do it with class...Minford too.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I feel bad for you all....are you two dislexic cause my name is spelled riepo not reipo.......im apart of that senior class and I believe that the class behind us has the potential to be as good if not better than us so what will they care its called optimism

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

When u play with kids somtimes 2yr older than most seniors, you can win a bunch of games .I think most schools are catching onto the hold 'em back rule .I look for things to change .. 8)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bushmaster24 wrote:When u play with kids somtimes 2yr older than most seniors, you can win a bunch of games .I think most schools are catching onto the hold 'em back rule .I look for things to change .. 8)

Dumb Response. That excuse has been used since I played in 93. I was sixteen starting my senior year. You cant play if you become 19 by a certain date.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

One of few!!

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

^The rule is turning 19 before August 1 of that school year. So, a student can turn 19 years of age on August 1, 2008 or anywhere thereafter and be eligible to play.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Parents all over the state have the same freedom of choice to hold their child back or start them late so that the child will be 19 during their senior year. Not really much of an argument in regards to the strength or weakness of any program.

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:Parents all over the state have the same freedom of choice to hold their child back or start them late so that the child will be 19 during their senior year. Not really much of an argument in regards to the strength or weakness of any program.

Well it can be argued that having a team full of 19 year olds playing a team full of 17 year olds is an unfair advantage, as it's two more years of maturity and growth. However, if the rule states you can do it and people make that choice to hold their kid(s) back, and they're not 19 before August 1, then it's legal and playing by the rules and there is nothing wrong with it. So if you want a team full of 19 year olds, HOLD THEM BACK!!!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

maybe the hit puberty late? :lol:

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I doubt that any team is full of 19 year old seniors or 17 year old seniors for that matter. I bet you can look all over the county and find that all the SOC teams have seniors ranging in age from 17 to turning 19 their senior season. Sorry but IMO age is only a minor factor in the success of a high school football team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It all comes down to coaching, talent, preparation and HEART.

Nothing else matters. There are many 16 year olds that will run right through 18 year olds on the football field.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I was a 17 year old senior starter on last year's Minford team. Age has nothing to do with winning. Unless said 19 year old senior is on 'roids. :lol: :lol: ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

IMO it is much better for kids to be as old as possible when they graduate. Maturity level not only in sports, but more important in life is higher. Seen smart kids graduate young and go off to college only to due worse than they were capable of. Some kids can handle it, others can't.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

siderman wrote:IMO it is much better for kids to be as old as possible when they graduate. Maturity level not only in sports, but more important in life is higher. Seen smart kids graduate young and go off to college only to due worse than they were capable of. Some kids can handle it, others can't.

In most circumstances, the age does not match the maturity. If comparing a 15 year old to a 19 year old, sure it does. But a senior in high school is a senior in high school. Maturity is going to come out when mother nature says it should.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I think that being older can only help it's hard to aruge against being another year older helping your althletic ability though. It's beed said though, if you wan't older kids in high school either hold them back or have some type of pre-k or pre-1st option in the primary school years.

But back to the topic, I look for this year to be one of the most competitive years in the SOC II we have seen in a long time, and I am looking forward to some great games come league time!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Holding kids back just for their sole advancement in sports is a misuse of the school. I know people who have been held back a grade just for the hope that they will gain more experience on and off the field and/or court but they were pretty good students. Why should this be allowed? I know its the parents decision but we go to school to learn...sports are second. Unless the school is something like CAPE was then I dont see the need for this.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

But it does happen! I think a kid at 19 can gain 1or 2 inches in height and add 15 lbs maybe even shave a 1/10th of a second off his 40 time. This does make a difference or they wouldn't redshirt kids in college. Same thing there too. Your mind also matures.

Return to “Football”